PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Hunt

Blanco
02-28-2017, 01:37 PM
My buddy has been wanting to hunt Pheasant which are pretty rare in North Texas. Pen raised birds are available so We made our own hunt

Teddy (punchie)
02-28-2017, 03:14 PM
nice pic , Thanks for sharing , good to see you out about having fun.

w5pv
02-28-2017, 03:29 PM
When this area was still rice farmed we had a few birds here but they have disappeared along with the rice farming not many rice farms until you get around Winnie-Stowell and I don't think they have any birds ,mostly geese

Hardcast416taylor
02-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Pics like yours reminded me of pics taken back in the heyday of pheasant hunting here in Michigan of the `50`s and `60`s. Somewhere in my shoe boxes of B/W photos are pics like yours. I still can remember the noise a fat grain field raised rooster made when flushed from grain stubble or a corn field. Had a mixed breed pointer/german shepard dog that was the best self trained hunter I`ve hunted over, actually grabbed a flushing rooster right out of the air in a jump once. I carried a Model 12 Featherweight in 12 gauge back then and used paper shotshells of #6 shot `High Brass` we called them.Robert

Blanco
02-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Robert
Of my many hobbies besides reloading, shooting, gundogs, fine doubles and a few others, I have a little side money producing venture. A photography service. The name is Highbrass Photography.
http://highbrassphoto.zenfolio.com/