PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July

No_1
07-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wish you a happy & safe 4th. I hope you enjoy a relaxing day with family and friends.

I started this post early but fail to mention the most important thing. Our independence is a pleasure we enjoy because brave men AND women have dedicated some if not all of their life securing and continuing to secure freedom. Without this selfless dedication we would surely not be reading the valued (though sometimes trying) thoughts, ideas and opinions of our fellow countrymen. Please take a few minutes to remember these folk throughout your day. When you see the fireworks going off tonight remember the heroes who's view of fireworks was not a pleasurable as ours but endured them so we could enjoy without fear all the beauties life has to offer.

Thank you Freedom Fighters,

R.

bruce drake
07-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Happy 4th Everyone!

We have already started celebrating the 4th here in Iraq (it helps to be 7 hours ahead of EST)

Started the day with a 3 mile run (16:30 - old but still fast)at 6:30 (it was already in the 80's) and then the Brigade did a track and field meet and this afternoon we are doing a basketball tourney in the gym and a volleyball match in the sand (yeah, in the sand, we actually have laid out the court with cloth tape)

Barbeque is slated for this afternoon as well.

Hope everyone else enjoys the freedoms that our Revolutionary Patriots sacrificed for us 232 years ago.

Bruce in Kirkuk

1Shirt
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
And a great 4th it is! Maybe greater than a number of them in the past particularly if you live in D.C. and own a firearm. The recent S.C. ruling on guns in the D.C. area is something to cheer about. However, remember that the ruling was 5-4 and that is way to close for comfort. The appointment of liberal judges to the S.C. is something that we may have to live with for up to 35-40 years. It is important, to our offsprings that our rights are preserved thru rulings from the S.C. based upon the Constitution and not political leanings, and tree hugging emotion.

Put the flag out today, and every holliday, even Christmas and Thanksgiving and even if there is snow on the ground. Many have died for our flag, and many will in the future. Be proud of it and of our country. We need to believe in ourselfs, think for ourselfs, and be proud of our country, by ignoring the liberal
media.

Wave the flag every chance you get!!!!

May God always bless the United States of America!!!
1Shirt!:coffee:

jawjaboy
07-04-2008, 11:37 AM
And the same to you No_1, as well as the rest of ya.

MT Gianni
07-04-2008, 11:52 AM
We went to Butte's fireworks last night. Obama has chosen Butte to watch the parade in and the motels are full, towns hopping and the people are out for fun. Stay safe out there. The campgrounds are full. I have a 3 day weekend every week and chose to get stuff done in the shop. Most of all celebrate our Independence, no matter how much of it we have lost. Gianni