PDA

View Full Version : Happy day yesterday.

44man
02-23-2017, 10:20 AM
We have an old horse barn and one side was for hay, floor is still covered in hay but we have a mower and trailer in it now. My wood splitter, etc. I walked by and there was a hound pup in there. Skinny as heck. We started to feed and water. no collar or anything.
We called and checked all over to find an owner, no luck.
My neighbor Jimmy was over to pick up things I gave him, seen the pup. He went home to talk to Sally, came back and got the little thing. Female too. Sally just lost her dog from tumors and a lot of money, still in pain.
The dog went crazy over her and was on her lap in a second. He is still hunting an owner but I told him she left for a reason, keep her. It looks like she was mistreated and wants a loving home. She will live in the house, not chained out. God's work, brought the dog to heal sally.
Not house broken yet, wet a throw rug. But they will not punish the little girl.
My work is done.

Col4570
02-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Nice Folks best regards.

tim338
02-23-2017, 10:52 AM
I love a story with a happy ending. I love dogs better than most people.

dverna
02-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Love them...but my lifestyle does not permit having one. I would have a difficult time putting a dog in a kennel when I travel.

Came really close about 4 months ago getting one.

sundog
02-23-2017, 11:33 AM
You're a good man 44. We have a lab from Lab Rescue and a Brittany Spaniel that adopted us. Yeah, she adopted us. Showed up one wet, cold winter day and just decided to stay. The two get along great.

bedbugbilly
02-23-2017, 12:08 PM
God works in wondrous ways . . . that all came about for a reason. You are all good folks and that pup will have a loving home I'm sure.

shoot-n-lead
02-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Good job!

44man
02-23-2017, 12:32 PM
I really believe the Lord connects us with a dog. In the end he will judge us by how we treated the dog. I don't think God loves bad people that kill other people or is mean to a dog.
I am funny, will not raise and kill to eat, but hunt for food. I never would kill a chicken, rabbit or other or a lamb. I buy meat when needed. Someone else killed.
A dog is life and to grow up without one might make the troubles we face. Anyone that harms a dog is never to be trusted. Some make them mean to fight. Our troops use dogs the best way, they don't kill but protect and will die for the soldier. The most painful thing I seen was a dog that would not leave a soldiers casket.
Then joy when a dog was brought back to to an injured warrior.
Why did the dog come here? I would have kept her but Sally was hurting. God has ways and I have tears of joy. I told Jimmy he needed a new dog for Sally but why so fast from me?

buckwheatpaul
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
44man, A great story and a great deed! It is a win-win for Sally and the pup as they both need each other.....our dogs run the house, with one cat, and two of the dogs were dropped or discarded....they knew where to come as mrs. buckwheatpaul is a pet magnet....God knows and sent them to us.......Paul

BUCKEYE BANDIT
02-23-2017, 05:23 PM
I consider any man that takes in a stray a FRIEND !!! .Thanks 44 Man ,you are a friend if you want it or not[smilie=l:.

nagantguy
02-23-2017, 05:36 PM
The wife always says God gave us dogs because we are incapable of being our own best friends!
44man you did a good thing by your friends and that stray! Your welcome to share oir fire and bread anytime!

Goatwhiskers
02-23-2017, 06:46 PM
I read somewhere that God created dogs to teach us the meaning of unconditional love. We have 3 Corgis, I really believe that's true. GW

308Jeff
02-23-2017, 07:36 PM
I love a story with a happy ending. I love dogs better than most people.

Me too, and me too.

BNE
02-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Nothing beats a good dog. We just got our second Golden Doodle and while training a pup can be chaotic, we love the dogs.

AND I agree with 44 man... How can you trust someone who is mean to a dog?

phonejack
02-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Best dog my wife and I ever had was a Heinz 57 that was abandoned as a pup !

leeggen
02-24-2017, 12:48 AM
We wind up with several strays a year. People just dump them out and run thinking someone will take them in. We have farms with animals and sometimes these strays learn to feed themselves and start for the animals. No animal shelter so they end their life there some starve to death. I am glad your little one was directed to a good home.
CD

Teddy (punchie)
02-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Happy Day, is the best way to say it. Sometimes hounds are a little shy at first.

44man
02-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Yes she was shy in the barn. I dropped over yesterday to see her and she is a happy little lover. Took my little one too. They get along just fine, mine laid down near.
I will see a spoiled fat butt soon. I still tear up over the poor things ribs showing.
I also have a hug for all of you my friends. I am in good company, thank you.

GhostHawk
02-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Attaboy!

jeepyj
02-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Winner, winner dogs happy to have fine folks to while she enjoys her dinner