PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good store to...

Bad Karma
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm looking for beeswax, does a toilet bowl ring count? I want to get enough to make a lifetime supply of bullet lube. Probably Saeco Green. Something for both pistol and rifle. I'm going to put some lithium grease in there too I think.:wink:

randyrat
07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
How much Beeswax are we talking about. I always have it for sale. i'm out from time to time but i keep comming back with more.

docone31
07-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Six the toilet ring. It is not beeswax.
You can find it on the internet. Most prices are good. I say, most, do look around.
If it were me, I would contact Randyrat first.
If I had found this forum before I got mine, I would try one of us first.
I have gotten a lot of help here.

357maximum
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
toilet ring = slackwax...basically raw petrogookies that has not yet been seperated into mineral oil/vaseline/paraffin/microcrystalline,etc.....it has it's uses in lube...but not in and of itself.....you still need beeswax or a good microcrystalline wax as a base.

RandyRats b-wax is topdrawer and reasonable btw

rigmarol
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
I've always always just had the wife pick up a brick of it at her craft store "Michael's". I think I paid about $5 for about 2lbs. Maybe not a deal, but easy enough to get my hands on.

Hope that helps a little.

357maximum
07-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I've always always just had the wife pick up a brick of it at her craft store "Michael's". I think I paid about $5 for about 2lbs. Maybe not a deal, but easy enough to get my hands on.

Hope that helps a little.

Been awhile huh? It is 14 bucks/pound here in Central Michigan at any Hobby Lobby or any Michaels.

rigmarol
07-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Been awhile huh? It is 14 bucks/pound here in Central Michigan at any Hobby Lobby or any Michaels.
Ouch! I'm glad I'm glad I have enough for the forseeable future.... or.... Anybody offering me $12 per pound?... Just joking. Wow, that is amazing. I double checked and sure enough, there on my shelf are two unopened bricks with the price sticker still on them for $5.99.

I got them only about 2 years or so ago.

runfiverun
07-04-2008, 01:30 AM
when bees die off like they have been the supply goes down..

Freightman
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Know where there is a huge cottonwood on a place that I have hunted about 50' of hollow trunk full of bees and I guess honey and wax, but I am not comfortable in raiding it. It humms with an audable humm from 100+ feet away. I do not go near it anymore as I was told that it was supected that Africanized bees had moved in. That may be just a rumor but I will not be the one to test that.

pumpguy
07-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Know where there is a huge cottonwood on a place that I have hunted about 50' of hollow trunk full of bees and I guess honey and wax, but I am not comfortable in raiding it. It humms with an audable humm from 100+ feet away. I do not go near it anymore as I was told that it was supected that Africanized bees had moved in. That may be just a rumor but I will not be the one to test that.

Being that you live in Texas, chances are VERY good that they are Africanized.

runfiverun
07-05-2008, 02:00 AM
african bees will only chase you 300 or so yards.......

Trez Hensley
07-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Run Forrest RUUUNNNNN!!!! The 300 yard dash could be a new olympic sport. To be on the safe side you might want to stick with the 440.

Release the bees.....

DLCTEX
07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I went to look at a house with bees in the wall recently. The owner and I were attacked while standing 50 ft. away. Not moving, just standing and talking. They got sprayed with pesticide after dark. The wax is inside a wall and coated with Malathion. It will stay there. DALE