PDA

View Full Version : So I might be in a little trouble LOL

Mal Paso
02-21-2017, 10:31 PM
I hiked up to my old house site. Cleared the downed trees in the road and slides with the tractor. Everything looked pretty good considering. I fueled the tractor and cleared a few slides on the way down. Then I got to the pavement and it looked like a bomb went off. Spent the rest of the day clearing, sandbagging, loading boulders and hauling logs trying to contain the water to the creek. I was too busy playing to get a car out, the road is closed and I'm stuck for the duration. Amazing we have internet and phone so I'll get this out before communication goes too. LOL

Finster101
02-21-2017, 10:43 PM
You take care there. Don't think you would get much help were something bad to happen.

trails4u
02-21-2017, 10:45 PM
Best of luck to ya.....hopefully you've got rations laid in. If so....enjoy the reprieve, as you know you won't have visitors! ;)

OeldeWolf
02-22-2017, 01:10 AM
I will admit that all that worries me just a tad. Be careful, and good luck!

shoot-n-lead
02-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Be careful...ya' know, stuff happens.

Hopefully, it will lighten up on y'all for a while.

Prayer sent for y'all to get this straightened out quickly and safely.

Bzcraig
02-22-2017, 01:36 AM
Man you do have a mess......Be careful as you clean up.

kmrra
02-22-2017, 08:50 AM
yall are sure having heck out your way , hope it settles down before you get washed away .

richhodg66
02-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Be careful out there!

Mal Paso
02-22-2017, 12:46 PM
I spent $200 on food last Saturday and filled the gas cans. I figure I'll run the generator a couple hours morning and night to get messages and keep food frozen. Obviously they aren't getting utility trucks in if you can't get a jeep out. I forgot to grind coffee last night before I shut the generator off so my first cup was tea, otherwise I'm doing well. LOL

The most amazing survivor of the fire was an 80 gallon transfer tank full of diesel. The plastic fuel filter and rubber hose untouched. That and the tractor. Maybe Someone is trying to tell me something.

Anyway Work Party forms at 9 am and I don't have the tractor serviced yet.

Artful
02-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Your having way to much Fun - if you get off the Tractor remember lift with your legs not your back.

quilbilly
02-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Look on the bright side. You might have a lot of free firewood you can sell next winter.

Digger
02-22-2017, 03:01 PM
A Case backhoe !
The man has everything in his favor with one of those in his possession !

starmac
02-22-2017, 03:07 PM
A Case backhoe !
The man has everything in his favor with one of those in his possession !

That tracked skidsteer is double handy too.

Blackwater
02-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Hang in there, Mal Paso! And remember, nothing succeeds like success! At least when it's over, you'll have one FINE story of deringdo to tell around future campfires. One-upmanship always rules there, and someone is going to have to come up with a pretty good story to top yours. I admire how well prepared you were to meet it all. Ya' done GOOD, bro'! REAL good! So hang in there and when you find you're "master of all you survey," you'll at least have a feeling within you that there's really no substitute for. Keep up the good and thoughtful and needed work!

Sur-shot
02-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Looks like one hell of a way to end a drought, by washing out the woods and the roads both. At least you have some fair sized rocks to lay into the washouts from the looks of it. As long as the jeep has something to run on top of, you should be able to work your way down with a bit of work. Keep your powder dry.
Ed

bedbugbilly
02-22-2017, 11:47 PM
Be safe and be careful! Sounds like you have all the comforts of home for the most part. Our prayers are going out to you all.

HABCAN
02-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Prepping is always good. Prayers sent for your continued safety.

Love Life
02-23-2017, 11:01 AM
if you get off the Tractor remember lift with your legs not your back.

We always say " Lift with your PFC's, not with your back." lol.

Mal Paso
02-23-2017, 07:39 PM
I ran the generator first thing yesterday for the freezer and internet. After I ate and lubed the tractor I headed down with the tractor to see what I could do. I paused at a bad spot to let a Tacoma through then headed across myself ... almost.

I walked down to the guy in the second picture you see replacing my divot, who said no problem. He lowered the ground on my high side, made a ramp, tilted me back on the tracks, and pulled while I drove. Once he got there it took about 10 minutes, then he filled in the spot. My tractor was running fine so I graded the new road flat and helped him set boulders.

Third picture I am waiting while they set boulders along the road. Fourth picture I'm headed home. I first went up to the house site to fill the tractor with diesel and get a battery. When I got home the generator ran for a couple minutes and quit It had quit earlier in the day. This morning I borrowed a generator but it's new and the STUPID GFI would not work so I couldn't connect the whole house through the transfer switch. I brought the generator over to my front door and jury rigged a connection and ran it in the front door. I then had to rig an extension to my landlady's router and WiFi, glad I bought that wire and those extension cords. The Freezer is on, batteries charging while I write. And I just got email! They tell me no tourists or power for 2 weeks. And if I want to get a car out I should have done that before 7am but that wasn't advisable as a car went through the road. Phones were off earlier but back now if you get this. I had this sort of thing covered a lot better before the fire. LOL

Thanks for all your prayers and wishes. I'm going to shut off the generator (save gas) and give my daughter a call.

jonp
02-23-2017, 08:24 PM
Just glad your ok. Food, water and shelter. the rest is just fun in getting to run the backhoe.