PDA

View Full Version : can't have nuthin nice.

runfiverun
02-21-2017, 03:32 PM
we been fighting the weather here for the last month.
snow/cold rain then some over 40 periods.
basements are flooding all over town and I have one corner of the basement that keeps seeping water about 3 day's after I get it all dried up because we get another storm coming through.

the room that keeps on seeping the water is now our bedroom.
and i'll fix the problem this summer by pouring a cement pad to re-direct the water away from the house.
probably set it up to build a porch across the front of the house too so I don't have to hear about that anymore.

anyway:
the daughter and wife went down to shampoo the rug and re-organize the stuff in the walk in closet I have been building for her.
the daughter grabs the edge of our Bed and backs across the room with it straight into the [new] 50" flat screen and the new shelf I built for it yesterday.
breaking the corner of the shelf and dumping the TV on the floor.
there will be a nice V shaped black spot in the screen when I turn it on again.

oh well at least the wife hadn't put anything nice on the shelf yet.https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ZNlszJx-yPJfB1fyZWQJjgEsDh&w=239&h=179&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7

Preacher Jim
02-21-2017, 03:50 PM
If it weren't for bad luck i would have no Luck?
Sounds familar.

gnostic
02-21-2017, 05:04 PM
we been fighting the weather here for the last month.
snow/cold rain then some over 40 periods.
basements are flooding all over town and I have one corner of the basement that keeps seeping water about 3 day's after I get it all dried up because we get another storm coming through.
the room that keeps on seeping the water is now our bedroom.
and i'll fix the problem this summer by pouring a cement pad to re-direct the water away from the house.
probably set it up to build a porch across the front of the house too so I don't have to hear about that anymore.

anyway:
the daughter and wife went down to shampoo the rug and re-organize the stuff in the walk in closet I have been building for her.
the daughter grabs the edge of our Bed and backs across the room with it straight into the [new] 50" flat screen and the new shelf I built for it yesterday.
breaking the corner of the shelf and dumping the TV on the floor.
there will be a nice V shaped black spot in the screen when I turn it on again.

oh well at least the wife hadn't put anything nice on the shelf yet.https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ZNlszJx-yPJfB1fyZWQJjgEsDh&w=239&h=179&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7

That's why California is the place to be, I miss San Diego more than I can say. I really screwed-up and sold my home in CA. Now I'm not sure I can afford to go back...

nvbirdman
02-21-2017, 06:24 PM
You can easily afford to go back to California simply by selling all your guns that they won't allow you to have there anyway.

lightman
02-21-2017, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Some days just be dat way!

popper
02-21-2017, 07:34 PM
You're supposed to bolt those screens to the wall! Was sitting on the GK's while the folks were in Co. last week, turned on the F.S. and thought the house was falling in. Found one of the kids had pumped up the sub in the closet. Unplugged the ac to solve the problem.

runfiverun
02-21-2017, 09:42 PM
I would have loved to have had the time to at least finish the shelf.
it wasn't even stained or coated yet.
I just got it set in place last night in time for the wife to go to bed so she could make it to work at 3 AM.
they were gonna do the shampoo and I was gonna get some loading done then finish everything tomorrow and bolt it all in place.

the shelf hadn't even been screwed together long enough for the glue to fully dry.

308Jeff
02-21-2017, 09:56 PM
I feel ya. Bought a 60" LG plasma right as plasmas were getting phased out (love the picture of a plasma). Had lost my other 60" in a breakup.

Stored it in the box for a year before I moved into this place. Took it out of the box, put the stand on it, set it on the center. Was getting ready to fire it up and enjoy the supreme goodness when I noticed the screen was shattered. No replacement, no warranty. Now I have a dumb LED to meh at...

leeggen
02-21-2017, 10:07 PM
R5R things happen and you know it was an accident. Now that shelf was not JUST right, remember you cut on the wrong side of the line, so now go cut it like you wanted in the first place. Wally world will have the better tv on sale real soon so you can up grade. See everything happens for a reason especially in our world where good things don't always end in a good way. Go blast about 500 rounds thru that hand gun and get the frustration out.
Been there and hope I don't go there again.LOL.
CD

starmac
02-21-2017, 10:30 PM
I feel for you, just don't pay any attention to that feller talking about you should be in California, nothing is that bad. lol

Bzcraig
02-21-2017, 10:31 PM
That sucks run!

crowbuster
02-21-2017, 11:26 PM
I feel ya. I say that 2-3 times a week