PDA

View Full Version : No emails for topic replies.

Bob in St. Louis
02-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Hey all, a couple days ago I stopped getting emails of replies to topics I've participated in.
Is this a problem on my end, or a forum issue?
Thanks!
Bob

bubba.50
02-18-2017, 02:48 PM
I've seen that feature on other sites but, have never heard of it on this site. only time I get notified is for responses to PMs.

Smoke4320
02-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Bubba.50 You can go to subscribe to this thread then pick an option

Bob I will subscribe here and see what happens .. will get back to you

Bob in St. Louis
02-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Thanks Smoke!
I've been a member almost a year, and have always received a PM for topic replies, but they other day they just stopped.

Smoke4320
02-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Well it looks like 1hr 10 minutes and no email you posted :(

JBinMN
02-18-2017, 04:29 PM
I just went to the user "UserCP" up there in the top right corners drop down menu under my username. When I got to the CP( command Post) page I went to the left side of the page & chose "Subscriptions" , Then I went over to the right side of the page on the Subscriptions page & clicked on "Selected Threads" button & chose "Instantly though Email".

I hope that helps out. I am new here, but I tried to type how I did it. I am going to subscribe to this one for a while & see how it works. Hopefully I got the method right & helped anyway.
:)

G'luck!

JB

P.S> - When I just subscribed to this topic, the page I went to had a drop down menu under "Notifications". I selected "Notify by email" choice there also. Something to remember when ya decide to subscribe to a topic anyway. :) Once again.... G'Luck!

No_1
02-18-2017, 05:48 PM
As we chase the filestorage.com bug around the site we will be temporarily disabling then re-enabling some site features. Hang tight!

bubba.50
02-18-2017, 06:09 PM
I don't like or use this feature on other sites that have it & also never understood why folks got so upset over the unread posts glitch a while back as I never use it either. if ya can't remember where yer posts are you've got bigger problems to my eye.

Bob in St. Louis
02-18-2017, 06:16 PM
I don't like or use this feature on other sites that have it & also never understood why folks got so upset over the unread posts glitch a while back as I never use it either. if ya can't remember where yer posts are you've got bigger problems to my eye.
Well... It's more about having a conversation with somebody and replying in a timely matter.
To add to that, I've got multiple interests other than just melting lead, so to backtrack all of my conversations across multiple forums, topics, subtopics and conversations, it's just easier for my proverbial phone to ring instead of going to look for it.

Sounds like things are in the works, so I'll not worry about it and see how things go.
Thanks all for the replies!
Bob

Smoke4320
02-18-2017, 06:18 PM
No1
Thanks for the heads up and wish you luck getting the issue filestorage.com corrected

Bob in St. Louis
03-24-2017, 12:16 PM
As we chase the filestorage.com bug around the site we will be temporarily disabling then re-enabling some site features. Hang tight!
Just curious if there is an update to this. Haven't got an email in over a month.
Thanks!

JBinMN
03-24-2017, 12:39 PM
It has been working for me, at least on most topics that I have subscribed to before. I have not paid attention to which ones though, as I come here & check a couple times a day anyway through the UserCP link up above.

I just now subscribed to this topic & I will post if I receive an email to any further replies.

No_1
03-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Try unsubscribing the resubscribing. The system is up and running well at the moment but glitches happen sometimes.

JBinMN
03-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Working here... Here is what I got:

---------------------------

Cast Boolits <webmaster@gunloads.com>

12:00 PM (5 minutes ago)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

to me

Dear JBinMN,

No_1 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - No emails for topic replies. - in the Our Town forum of Cast Boolits.

This thread is located at:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?328005-No-emails-for-topic-replies&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Try unsubscribing the resubscribing. The system is up and running well at the moment but glitches happen sometimes.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Cast Boolits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob in St. Louis
03-24-2017, 01:36 PM
That's weird, I wasn't given an option to "un"subscribe, only to subscribe, like I was never subscribed to begin with.
I checked my forum settings, and all of the threads I've posted in are showing as "instant" notification.
Just for grins, I did select them all and checked "updated subscription type" to "instant" for all of them.
Thanks fellas!

Soundguy
03-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Not working for me, and I. Subscribed

Bob in St. Louis
03-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Not working for me, and I. Subscribed
Good to know it's not just me!

Bob in St. Louis
04-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hound, but is there any news on this?

No_1
04-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi Bob, please go to your "user CP" located in the drop down under your name. In that area you should see a couple of boxes : "new private messages", "subscribed threads with new post", and "subscribed forums" (if you have any). In the lower right hand corner of the "subscribed threads with new post" box you should see a button labeled "view all subscribed threads". Choose that button, once the screen changes you should see all threads you are subscribed. To the right of each thread is a check box to select notification - do you have any blocks checked?

Soundguy
04-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Mine are and i havnt got a thread reply notification nearly since I joined.

No_1
04-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Interesting. I have added this thread and am getting notifications.

Geezer in NH
04-27-2017, 09:05 PM
They maybe going into the spam filter of the user??

Soundguy
04-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Just checked mine to be sure. Plenty of 'male enhancement' emails, mortgage refi, and miracle diets, but no email reply notices :(

No_1
04-28-2017, 04:11 AM
In the CP panel window I mentioned earlier please open this thread then subscribe again through the thread tools. When the box opens asking what type of notification you wish to receive choose one of the notification options then let me know which option you have chose.

Bob in St. Louis
04-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the help!!!

I've checked my spam folder and it's not in there.

Ok, No._1,
None of my boxes are checked. They never have been. Multiple times, I've "selected all threads" (there happens to be 104 of them), and then chose "instantly, using email". Then clicked "Go".
But I still don't get emails. When I first joined here, I got emails perfectly like I should. But one day they stopped. I made no changed to my preferences on this forum and/or att-Yahoo email setting.
I also don't get emails for PMs.
I do get emails from all of the other forums I'm on.

Here's a screenshot, just in case it's helpful.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/BobinStLouis/Garbage/Boolits_zpszzzu4u8e.png (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/BobinStLouis/media/Garbage/Boolits_zpszzzu4u8e.png.html)

No_1
04-29-2017, 09:50 AM
Please message me your email address so I can make sure the database matches.

Robert

Soundguy
04-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Mine are checked subscribed as instant nitification

No_1
04-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Mine are checked subscribed as instant nitification

Please message your email address so I can check it against the database.

Robert

No_1
05-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Bob and Soundguy,

Your e-mails addy's are with AT&T which may have been blocking e-mails from us. Willy has contacted them to straighten this out. He indicates it could take 2-3 days for things to pan out. Let me know what happens ok?

Bob in St. Louis
05-03-2017, 02:12 PM
YAY!
I just got this email. Hopefully they start rolling in for the rest of the topics:
==============

Dear Bob in St. Louis,

orisolo has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - F/S Lead 92.5% , Antimony (SB) 7.5% Ingot bars (Start shipping 12.10) - in the Swappin & Sellin forum of Cast Boolits.

This thread is located at:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293387-F-S-Lead-92-5-Antimony-(SB)-7-5-Ingot-bars-(Start-shipping-12-10)&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Good Morning

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

Cast Boolits

Soundguy
05-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Yep, I started getting email notices today, THANKS!

Bob in St. Louis
05-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Cool!!!
I've gotten a few emails for various topics I'm involved in.
THANK YOU!
I owe somebody a handshake, hug, or maybe a kiss (depending on what you look like). ;)

Soundguy
05-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Bob and Soundguy,

Your e-mails addy's are with AT&T which may have been blocking e-mails from us. Willy has contacted them to straighten this out. He indicates it could take 2-3 days for things to pan out. Let me know what happens ok?

Got a question... Has my user handle changed?

Now shows as soundguysou ??

Bob in St. Louis
05-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Has a bit on an Asian tone to it now. ;)

No_1
05-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Got a question... Has my user handle changed?

Now shows as soundguysou ??

Not sure what happened there as Willy was the last one in there. If it is OK with you I would like to ask him about it before I change it back.

Robert

No_1
05-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Gentlemen, I am glad we have this (hopefully) worked out. Let me know if anything changes.

Take care,

Robert

Soundguy
05-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Not sure what happened there as Willy was the last one in there. If it is OK with you I would like to ask him about it before I change it back.

Robert

Sure, just let me know.

Bob in St. Louis
05-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Gentlemen, I am glad we have this (hopefully) worked out. Let me know if anything changes.

Take care,

Robert
Working great, thank you very much!

Soundguy
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Any word on my name? Wanna know if I need to go update my driver license ;)

Bob in St. Louis
05-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Off topic... but speaking of your name, I'm curious to the meaning of it.
In some circles I might be considered an audiophile and home theater buff.
Wondered if that has anything to do with your name.

Soundguy
05-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Concerts, stage, sound and lights, entertainment venues, live sound, etc.

Opera tonight, got a classic rock band tomorrow ;)

Bob in St. Louis
05-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Ahhh nice.
At my local small venues, I choose to sit behind "the sound guy".
Not only do I get a "50 yard line" view of the concert, but I get to watch the person in control of the sliders.
Good stuff.

Soundguy
05-06-2017, 02:25 PM
... And we try to set up in a good location to hear well.

Bob in St. Louis
05-06-2017, 03:10 PM
But of course!
That's why I try to "shadow" you guys. ;)