PDA

View Full Version : Hope it's OK to brag. New Eagle Scout

TCoggins
02-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Like the title says. I hope it's OK to brag a bit. My son became an Eagle Scout last night. He's been a scout since second grade, and really took a shine to it. He rarely missed a scouting event, and loves camping with the crew. A couple years ago he went to Philmont Scout Ranch out in New Mexico for a 70 mile backpacking excursion.

His mom and I are very proud of his achievement, and can't help ourselves from bragging. Sorry.

castalott
02-17-2017, 10:02 AM
I would be very proud also. If he was interested in ham radio, he can get a 'badge' for that too. I helped at a testing where a youngster did that.

skeettx
02-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Fantastic
Great effort and valor!!
This will keep him in good stead for his entire life
WELL DONE DAD and MOM, it takes the entire family
Mike

XDROB
02-17-2017, 10:13 AM
I KNOW you are Proud! My son was three merit badges away from starting the final journey to Eagle Scout. Just lost interest. Was oldest in troop and I think was not supported enough from troop leadership. I know 99% is the scout but they do need the support from the leadership.
On to you: you need to also give yourself a pat on the back, because you were also a big supporter of him and helped on this achievement. I am proud to hear that your son has achieved that rank and title. It is something he will carry through his whole life.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jeepyj
02-17-2017, 10:15 AM
A fine example of what we need more of. Proud supportive parents of well guided children. Well done sir!

bullet maker 57
02-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Congratulations to your son and the whole family. That is a great accomplishment.

FISH4BUGS
02-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Like the title says. I hope it's OK to brag a bit. My son became an Eagle Scout last night. He's been a scout since second grade, and really took a shine to it. He rarely missed a scouting event, and loves camping with the crew. A couple years ago he went to Philmont Scout Ranch out in New Mexico for a 70 mile backpacking excursion.
His mom and I are very proud of his achievement, and can't help ourselves from bragging. Sorry.
You have every right to be proud. The work and dedication it takes is admirable. I don't recall ever hearing any bad things about ANY kid that was an Eagle scout.

lightman
02-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Congratulations! You have a right to be proud! It takes support from many different directions, including family.

jmort
02-17-2017, 11:06 AM
It would be wrong not to brag about a great achievement like this. Sounds like you have a great son and you are a great father.

Smoke4320
02-17-2017, 11:14 AM
That's a great accomplishment .. dedication from him and you/wife having to drive him to all the meeting ect

HarryT
02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Congratulations to your family!

w5pv
02-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Something that will never be forgotten,I am close to 75 and still remember things that were taught to me while in the scouts.I didn't apply myself and never advanced very far in the scouts but that was my fault the opportunity was there and like many things in life was never acted on.

Hardcast416taylor
02-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Will he recieve a signed citation from Washington and Mr. Trump? I remember that O`bama refused to sign these citations of merit while in office.Robert

mcdaniel.mac
02-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Will he recieve a signed citation from Washington and Mr. Trump? I remember that O`bama refused to sign these citations of merit while in office.Robert
You can't remember a thing that didn't happen: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/eaglescouts.asp

Congratulations to the new Eagle Scout, that's a lot of work put in for a distant return. Shows a good amount of discipline!

Blackwater
02-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Nope! It's NEVER wrong here to brag about something that OUGHT to be bragged on! Congratulations to all of you, and you have every right to be proud of the results of your and his efforts over a long period of time. Eagle Scouts aren't made overnight, and any young one who has the determination and inquisitiveness and mettle to become an Eagle really DESERVES to be bragged on. And kudos to you for enabling him to achieve this, as well. Parenting is something that has become a "lost art" of sorts, in all too many cases. Thank YOU for bringing up such an obviously fine member of the younger crowd. Won't be that long before they'll take over for all of us, and having good ones to do that really, truly MATTERS, and it's going to matter a LOT before long. You've all done very well. All of you.

shoot-n-lead
02-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Congrats!

To the Eagle Scout and the parents...not an easy accomplishment.

guywitha3006
02-17-2017, 04:47 PM
From another Eagle Scout congrats to him and you. There is a lot of dedication and drive required to achieve that. Be very proud of him! There is a lot of knowledge gained and doors opened (or that will open) as a result of his journey. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to join the Scouts.

Hick
02-17-2017, 06:05 PM
From one Eagle and father of an Eagle to another-- You should both be very proud-- this is an accomplishment that will follow you in a positive way throughout your life.

Riverpigusmc
02-17-2017, 07:45 PM
outstanding

pworley1
02-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Congratulations to your family.

Geezer in NH
02-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Congrats to your son!!!!!

richhodg66
02-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Congratulations! Both my sons are Eagle Scouts, wish I could say I was also. It's quite an accomplishment.

LaPoint
02-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Congrats to your son and you! Our son is also an eagle scout. Besides Philmont there are two other scouting high adventure bases, Sea Base in FL and Northern Tier in the BWCAW/Quetico of MN/Ontario, CA.

RogerDat
02-17-2017, 11:48 PM
As a former Cub Master for many years and working with our local BS troop I know what it takes from both the scout and their family to reach Eagle Scout. Congratulations to Both!

trails4u
02-17-2017, 11:56 PM
On My Honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my Country, to obey the Scout Law, to help other people at all times, and to keep myself physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight.

Good on you, Dad. And congratulations to your young Man.

kingstrider
02-18-2017, 04:01 AM
That is awesome, congratulations! My son was active in scouts from the time he was in first grade until he was 17 then dropped out. I'm disappointed he didn't finish his Eagle but guess he made it a lot further than I did.

Isaac
02-18-2017, 05:43 AM
Congratulations!

It takes a family effort for such an accomplishment. Kudo's to the young man and to an apparent wonderful support system.

Well done.

Isaac

osteodoc08
02-18-2017, 12:07 PM
From one Eagle Scout to another, tell him congrats for me. I know you're a proud father. You clearly raised him right.

psweigle
02-18-2017, 12:12 PM
It takes a very special family to raise an eagle scout. Lots of sacrifice went into it. Congratulations to him and good for you and you're family for making another pillar of society.

TheDoctor
02-18-2017, 11:36 PM
From a father of 2 eagle scouts, congratulations to you and your young man! A LOT of work goes into that.

clintsfolly
02-19-2017, 10:39 AM
As a Eagle myself,my son,my brother,my nephew and 4of my son friend we all congratulated you and your son! We all found that with out family and friends your chances of raising to the rank are slim. I now pass on to him the challenge" Getting a Eagle Rank is hard but keeping it it harder and life long endeavor!"

TCoggins
02-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. As you can imagine, we're quite proud. He has a friend that he has been joined at the hip with since kindergarten that is finishing up his Eagle badge. We are planning a joint Eagle court of honor in the spring.