PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
02-15-2017, 06:26 AM
“These three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. Follow the way of love”(1 Corinthians 13:13-14:1). “[Nothing] will be able to separate us from the love of God” (Romans 8:39).

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 13:13-14:1

God wants us to pursue love. Pursuing love does not mean trying to make ourselves more lovable. It does not mean doing things to earn God's love or to make Him love us more. He already loves us as much as He loves Jesus.

Pursuing love means that our goal is to learn the vastness of God's love for us and to respond to His love with trust and obedience in our daily lives.

Pursuing love means that we seek to live within the safe boundaries of His love. He has given us His guidelines in His Word.

Pursuing love means that we endeavor to apply His love to every situation of our lives – and toward all the people in our lives.

Pursuing love means that we ask God to make us more loving to others. We depend on Him to accomplish it in our lives.

Pursuing love means that we depend on God's Holy Spirit to produce His love in our lives.

God’s love is the greatest gift given to us. It’s the greatest love we can give to someone else.

Insight: Pursuing love means contentment in our relationship with our loving Father. Pursuing love means a discontent that urges us on to know Him more.

LUBEDUDE
02-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Thank you rl, I know that I Should be doing more of those things in my life.