PDA

View Full Version : We did it

Skunk1
02-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Daughter and I joined the local Isaac Waltons. I've been there before but it's been a few decades. My how things have changed. Worked the trap houses in high school but never ventured anywhere else. Went out today to see how things work and watch. I have never been at a indoor or outdoor shooting range. We have our spot but the daughter wants to join in on some competition shooting. She wants to try the silhouettes group and see how it goes. Me, I'm interested in shooting while sitting, old school I guess as I never had a chair within a country mile. This will be fun but I can see my stash going a lot faster if we frequent often.

kmrra
02-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Its good that your daughter takes an interest shooting

mold maker
02-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Cherish the opportunity. Neither of my young ones cared about shooting, but would occasionally accompany me if I begged. I'm left with tons of lead and equipment that they couldn't care less about. A close friend has agreed to sell it when I'm gone.

LUBEDUDE
02-14-2017, 01:46 PM
I really enjoy my memories of my now grown daughter shooting competition with me. We did that for a year about 10 years ago.

She's married, living in the big city pursuing her dreams now.

I miss those special times. Gee, something got into my eyes.

mozeppa
02-14-2017, 01:48 PM
my daughter doesn't like me.:(

Silfield
02-15-2017, 08:13 AM
I am interested to find out how the club got its name? Is it derived from the Izaak Walton who wrote "The Complete Angler" in 1653?
Just curious.

Bulldogger
02-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Congratulations! That is a nice range. Not easy to join. If it were a little closer to me I might have tried myself. I have a friend thinking of joining, and I'm thinking of being nicer to him if he does...
Bulldogger