PDA

View Full Version : Priorities

starmac
02-08-2017, 01:11 AM
LOL I guess everybody has them.

While Tom Brady whooped it up in Boston during Tuesday's Patriots Super Bowl victory parade, Houston police were carrying out a massive man, er, shirt hunt for Brady's missing, game-used No. 12 jersey that allegedly disappeared from the quarterback's locker stall at NRG Stadium after New England's stunning 34-28 overtime victory against the Falcons Sunday.

"We deem this a pretty important case. We want our top investigators on this case," Houston Police Department Executive Assistant Chief G.T. Buenik said in a Tuesday press conference. "Hopefully we'll make an arrest but more importantly, recover that jersey for Tom Brady. There's really no leads at this point. We are piecing together different sets of information."

Buenik said that he did not know if Houston PD investigators had spoken to Brady yet, but "they probably will at some point."

Ken Goldin, the founder of Goldin Auctions, told the Daily News that the jersey could be worth upwards of $500,000, even though no one would be able to sell the item since it is alleged stolen property.

It is apparently a big enough crime in Texas to warrant several law enforcement agencies carrying out the investigation of the whodunit caper.

"The Houston Police Department is the lead agency in the search for the missing Tom Brady jersey. We're working in connection with the Texas Rangers (of the Texas Department of Public Safety), the NFL security department and NRG park security," said Buenik. "We're attempting to see if we can identify who was in that (Patriots) locker room at that time. They would be possible suspects.

"We're in the process of obtaining some video that may or may not have captured it. We know that there (were) a lot of news people in there," Buenik continued. "We're asking all the cameramen — if they can hear me now — check your video, to see if maybe they have captured something. The police investigators may be contacting you so we can look to see in an attempt to identify everybody that was in that locker room at that time."

Video of Brady at his locker stall after the Super Bowl LI win shows him talking to who appears to be a Patriots clubhouse attendant. "Someone stole it. I put it in here, man," says Brady, pointing to his stall.

Buenik said Tuesday that he was not certain of how many credentialed individuals were allowed to enter the Patriots' clubhouse after the Super Bowl.

"Access to the locker room is controlled by New England Patriots team security. There is a Houston police officer that is stationed outside that locker room," said Buenik. "There are two security officers that actually determine who can enter. You do need some type of special credential. Even Houston police officers are not allowed in there. Team security really determines who's able to enter that locker room, along with some of the media people. We're attempting to gather a list of people that were in that locker room at that point."

Buenik also asked for the public's help, and to call 713-222-TIPS with any information that might be useful.

"We know that somebody knows something. There will be a reward out for the stolen jersey and the information leading to the arrest of whoever took Tom Brady's jersey," said Buenik. "We'll look at everybody that had access to that locker room."

MaLar
02-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Mehh:?:

popper
02-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Pretty much a waste of resources. But then it's Houston.

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 11:57 AM
the equipment manager had it.

now the game ball is missing, I wonder if they are trying to put the correct amount of air in it before it turns up.

flint45
02-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Wow that is the crime of the century call in the FBI....I am tired of all things Brady... big cry baby!

375supermag
02-08-2017, 01:35 PM
I suspect if any member here had an item valued at $500,000 stolen, he would want all available law enforcement working on the recovery of said item.
And wouldn't consider it a waste of resources, either.

Smoke4320
02-08-2017, 01:54 PM
At first glance it might seem to be a waste of resources.. but if it was my $500,000.00 anything I would want the police to receive it

GOPHER SLAYER
02-08-2017, 02:21 PM
I just heard that Brady was wearing the jersey all the time he was looking for it. Is that possible? Wouldn't someone notice?

starmac
02-08-2017, 05:55 PM
I seriously doubt that he would have showered then put back on a serious smelly jersey to fly back and go to the after game party, without someone out right complaining, much less noticing.

When you think about a jersey, it does sound like a stupid thing for multiple law enforcement to worry about, but when you take the monetary value into account, it changes things considerably.

Sounds as if it has to be an inside job, since security wouldn't even let police into the locker room, the recovery should also be up to their private security as far as I am concerned.

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Brady paid zero dollars for the jersey.

now,,,, the team owner.
he probably paid a few hundred for it, unless he was smart and bought it on Amazon for 69$ with free shipping.

OS OK
02-08-2017, 06:28 PM
It's all a big joke...he had it stuffed in his jock strap to impress the dancing girls, got drunk at the party and forgot...oh well, maybe they'll have a homicide later and have something worthwhile to do...the investigators are over at Dunkin-Doughnuts listening to the police scanner right now.

starmac
02-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Brady paid zero dollars for the jersey.

now,,,, the team owner.
he probably paid a few hundred for it, unless he was smart and bought it on Amazon for 69$ with free shipping.

All true, but there are folks that will now pay the beeeg bucks for it with grass and tobacco juice stains on it. lol

shooterg
02-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I would think that the team owns the jersey and all other equipment, unless Brady's contract says different.