PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolits Demographics

308Jeff
02-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Haven't been on here long, but I can tell this is a pretty large and diverse group of individuals. Got to thinking on the commute home tonight it might be fun to do a poll and see what kind of makeup with have in this community.

smokeywolf
02-07-2017, 09:43 PM
No disrespect meant, but putting up a thread like this, certainly does show that you "haven't been on here long...".

308Jeff
02-07-2017, 09:48 PM
No disrespect meant, but putting up a thread like this, certainly does show that you "haven't been on here long...".

No disrespect taken. I didn't expect everyone to participate.

Actually considered "Jerk, Not a Jerk, and Toyota Driver, Not A Toyota Driver" as poll options, but passed.:-)

runfiverun
02-07-2017, 10:20 PM
would the jerk thing be others perception or mine? :lol:

old conservative hunters would cover the vast majority.
with a smattering of the below 45 group and 'other' of the others would be used at about 3%.

308Jeff
02-07-2017, 10:32 PM
would the jerk thing be others perception or mine? :lol:

old conservative hunters would cover the vast majority.
with a smattering of the below 45 group and 'other' of the others would be used at about 3%.

Probably others. :lol:

I suspect you're right. Good group of people on here. Was nice to drop into a place where I felt right at home.

rancher1913
02-07-2017, 11:49 PM
so we got a new guy trying to give wilco a run for his money [smilie=2:

OS OK
02-07-2017, 11:55 PM
I might have included..."Do you consider yourself..."

* a Deplorable
* OCD
* Old School
* a Curmudgeon
* Hermit
* Mountain man
* Flatlander (City slicker)

or..."Are you..."

* Veteran...
* Army
* Navy
* Coast Guard
* Air Force
* Marine

* Law Enforcement

Heck...with the modern culture we might not be able to ask these things . . . :bigsmyl2:

Good pole...I like to learn more about this loose knit family too.

Oh yeah...forgot to say welcome.

hwilliam01
02-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Are you talking about Roger Wilco....I went to school with him.
so we got a new guy trying to give wilco a run for his money [smilie=2:

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 12:46 AM
he'd have to have 3 polls running concurrently to even stand a chance at Wilco's crown.

Charlie you forgot BOB.
we got lot's of Bob's round here.

dverna
02-08-2017, 12:49 AM
OK....10% are neither male or female!?

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 01:25 AM
I might have included..."Do you consider yourself..."

* a Deplorable
* OCD
* Old School
* a Curmudgeon
* Hermit
* Mountain man
* Flatlander (City slicker)

or..."Are you..."

* Veteran...
* Army
* Navy
* Coast Guard
* Air Force
* Marine

* Law Enforcement

Heck...with the modern culture we might not be able to ask these things . . . :bigsmyl2:

Good pole...I like to learn more about this loose knit family too.

Oh yeah...forgot to say welcome.

Simple newb oversite. :grin:

he'd have to have 3 polls running concurrently to even stand a chance at Wilco's crown.

Charlie you forgot BOB.
we got lot's of Bob's round here.

LMBO. I'm the poll champ on my local forum. Sound like I've got to step it up a notch.

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 01:26 AM

Tadpoles or Googlebots.

They're everywhere...

Traffer
02-08-2017, 01:44 AM
So it would appear that LGBT is not well represented here. Hmmmm.

maxreloader
02-08-2017, 01:44 AM
a pole is what you raise and lower the flag on... a poll is what you have here. :coffeecom

William Yanda
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Wilco has a clone
What about semi-retired?

GhostHawk
02-08-2017, 09:20 AM
(Snippage)...

"
* a Deplorable
* OCD
* Old School
* a Curmudgeon
* Hermit
* Mountain man
* Flatlander (City slicker)"

All of the above, and yes there are some contradictions in there, which describes me perfectly.

OCD only shows up in a few area's, and is well managed, but it is there. How else do you describe someone who citric acid wash's brass and takes a q-tip or brush to each and every primer pocket?

I was born old school, raised old school, and I live old school. Grandpa <insert name> fixed his tractor engine under that tree and if it was good enough for him it is good enough for me.

Mountain man is the only one that you might pin me on. I was born and bred a flatlander, and I love to look at hills, but family is all down on the flats so that is where I live.

OS OK
02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
The primer pocket issue is up for debate...some of these 'high speed brass stuffers'...(OMG...a new acronym-HSBS's) here have never even seen their primer pockets...I suppose that's the other side of the pendulum swing there?

dverna
02-08-2017, 01:00 PM
HSBS...and proud of it!!!

If I can not do it well, I at least do it fast. I mean when it comes to stuffing brass, or maybe turkeys...not in other important things. OK OS...why did you start this!!!

Don Verna

OS OK
02-08-2017, 01:23 PM
It's always the HSBS crowd poking fun at the OCD's for having so much concern for those little insignificant primer pockets...ever now and then we get a chance to poke back (it's an inside joke)...so I started this for 'giggles'...remember OCD's interpret the art of handloading somewhat differently than a reloader (parts assembler) does.

Budzilla 19
02-08-2017, 01:28 PM
HSBS??? ..............I like it.

375supermag
02-08-2017, 01:50 PM
OK...
What I see is that we are a bunch of old,white,conservative, American gun owners who hunt.
I knew that without a poll.
Only difference from my local gun club is that my gun club has quite a few younger members(most like my son started out as junior members and transitioned to adult members at age 18).

Bob in St. Louis
02-08-2017, 04:24 PM
* a Deplorable
* OCD
* Old School
* a Curmudgeon
* Hermit

You talking about me? :drinks:

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 06:17 PM
can I re-poll.
I do both HSBS and some case whittling.
sometimes both in the same day.
and sometimes I case whittle so I can run them through the machine that does the HSBS.
I need quality whittled rounds but I need a lot of them.
so I do a lot of prep and stuff then put primers, powder and bullets in on the HSBS machine.

RogerDat
02-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Retired - Unretired I would have liked to have seen blue collar, white collar, farmer, and small business owner. Or maybe labor and management. Then the small entrepreneur can check both.
I have been struck more than once by the diverse backgrounds of the forum. From factory rat to business man. And a whole lot in between. Fair number of profession represented.

Married or Single was another item that might have been interesting. Figure out how well acronym SWMBO will be understood.

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Good suggestions. Not sure if modifying the options will null the current results? OS OK, do you know?

OS OK
02-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Good suggestions. Not sure if modifying the options will null the current results? OS OK, do you know?

You just asked advice from a 'Certified Computer Dinosaur'...sure you want an answer?

I ain't gotta clue!

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I thought you were the King of Polls on here? :-)

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Well, nevermind. Doesn't look like editing the poll options is a can-do anyway.

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM
looks like you'll have to start another 1 or 2 polls.
darn the luck.

OS OK
02-08-2017, 07:11 PM
I thought you were the King of Polls on here? :-)

No, not by a long shot...I'm just the last guy who did a few recently. Had to get my 5 year old grandson to figure it out for me! . . . :bigsmyl2:

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 07:28 PM
No, not by a long shot...I'm just the last guy who did a few recently. Had to get my 5 year old grandson to figure it out for me! . . . :bigsmyl2:

Hahaha!

Just realized I should have also included Military Service.

I really flubbed this one...

OS OK
02-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Hahaha!

Just realized I should have also included Military Service.

I really flubbed this one...

Perfection comes with practice...kinda like making 'hooch'!

RogerDat
02-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Perfection comes with practice...kinda like making 'hooch'!

Yep and if it has alcohol in it and don't kill your brother in law then you just go ahead and drink this batch no matter how it might have been better.

xs11jack
02-08-2017, 09:00 PM
How about adding stuff like this: Bootlegger, former Bootlegger, in Jail for bootlegging, Facial hair, none, a bit, a bunch, ain't shaved in 50 yrs, had to shave last week cause of fleas and chiggers. And let us not forget our pets, dog, cat, racoon, possum, ferret, falcons, other birds of prey, boa constrictors, frogs, fish, hamsters, chickens ducks and geese. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and tractors will have to be a separate poll all together.
Ole Jack

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 09:09 PM
I clearly should have done some consulting prior to composing this poll.

Bob in St. Louis
02-08-2017, 09:21 PM
haha...
I think it's a cool poll.
I was wondering about the age of the fellas here, and to be honest.... I thought about posting a poll asking that very question.
I didn't think about all the other attributes, but it was neat to see the results.
I'm glad you posted it Jeff, it was interesting to see the results.

OS OK
02-08-2017, 09:39 PM
I clearly should have done some consulting prior to composing this poll.

I thought I would catch a lot of flack over it but I did a poll about what should be included in a poll...some of the fellas complain or make a rude remark but for the most part everybody else got something out of it.
I had to post the poll twice because I didn't check the correct 'multiple choice' box and had r5r mod delete the first try but eventually got it done.

runfiverun
02-08-2017, 10:35 PM
OH! jeez I didn't know we were supposed to vote in the poll.
I thought this was just a thread about talkin about the poll.

PtMD989
02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
How about adding stuff like this: Bootlegger, former Bootlegger, in Jail for bootlegging, Facial hair, none, a bit, a bunch, ain't shaved in 50 yrs, had to shave last week cause of fleas and chiggers. And let us not forget our pets, dog, cat, racoon, possum, ferret, falcons, other birds of prey, boa constrictors, frogs, fish, hamsters, chickens ducks and geese. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and tractors will have to be a separate poll all together.
Ole Jack

What about Jeeps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308Jeff
02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
OH! jeez I didn't know we were supposed to vote in the poll.
I thought this was just a thread about talkin about the poll.

I'm violating the first rule of Poll Club.

fatelk
02-08-2017, 10:52 PM
What I like about this place, I feel young here. It's nice to be on the younger side somewhere. That doesn't happen often anymore unless I'm visiting a relative in a nursing home.

With the talk of Poles, I thought there might be an box to check for those of Polish ancestry.

As to poll results, it's good to see that we're not all grouchy old white guys. Of course most of us are (nothing wrong with that), but it's good to see that an interest in casting, reloading and such isn't limited to just the stereotype.

Bookworm
02-09-2017, 06:24 AM
I was out helping a friend pull some polled steers into a pole barn, when I heard about a Pole running a poll.....

OS OK
02-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Pulling those polled steers by their horns I suspect...:bigsmyl2:...didn't get me on that one!

bullseye67
02-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Good morning, These type of polls reinforce what I see everyday at the range I belong to. Most of the guys are 40ish to 70ish that are there. It seems, and only based on my thoughts.
1) Younger people(18-25) only shoot with a day range pass and most with rental equipment. The range has a package of, 9mm, 44 Mag or 500 S&W and 12 gauge for X$. It is their most popular rental.
2) The next group fit into the 3 gun crowd. 9mm or 40 cal. Split about in the middle, day users and full members. Quite a few reloaders in this group. They debate the speed of shooting and reloading constantly.
3) Then the older guys(50-65) Full members shoot several days a week. Most shoot 45 ACP and revolvers. All reload or have had to move into places that don't allow for it and now just shoot 22LR. Treat the range as a social place. Full of advice, on all areas of life...TheGoodBadUgly....you know all the stuff nobody like to hear, like medical/health issues and so on.
4) The rest a mixture of security staff, peace officers, law enforcement and military. All genders are in this group. Shoot issue or the standard pistol either 9mm or 40 cal. Practice their qualifying drills and leave. Most fall under the flat rate contract the range has with the organizations.
Seems we, the range I belong to, fit this poll almost to a T...

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-09-2017, 01:41 PM
hmmm, not the most diverse group, are we?

Bob in St. Louis
02-09-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm doing my part.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/BobinStLouis/Weapons/DSC_0334_zpsi6x0gcth.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/BobinStLouis/media/Weapons/DSC_0334_zpsi6x0gcth.jpg.html)

CastingFool
02-09-2017, 08:30 PM
You needed to add another block to see how many cast their own boolits, and how many molds they own. :razz:

jonp
02-09-2017, 08:34 PM
No disrespect taken. I didn't expect everyone to participate.

Actually considered "Jerk, Not a Jerk, and Toyota Driver, Not A Toyota Driver" as poll options, but passed.:-)

Should have put "Ford" or "Chevy" and started a real fight

jonp
02-09-2017, 08:35 PM

Well, I've gotten several of my girlfriends started so I'm doing my part. Odd thing is that although a couple were left of center and didn't like guns after I taught them to shoot they couldn't get enough of it.
My wife didn't shoot at all when we met. Yesterday I told her that since she was working Sat I was thinking of trying out some new reloads at the range. She said rather loudly "YOUR GOING WITHOUT ME"?

308Jeff
02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Well, I've gotten several of my girlfriends started so I'm doing my part. Odd thing is that although a couple were left of center and didn't like guns after I taught them to shoot they couldn't get enough of it.
My wife didn't shoot at all when we met. Yesterday I told her that since she was working Sat I was thinking of trying out some new reloads at the range. She said rather loudly "YOUR GOING WITHOUT ME"?

My ex-wife was a convert as well. Ended up being a competition shooter and an NRA-Cert instructor.

Hogtamer
02-09-2017, 09:41 PM
jonp...several girlfriends and a wife and you're teaching them to shoot??:p
Also, at what age do you become an old codger?

Bob in St. Louis
02-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Should have put "Ford" or "Chevy" and started a real fight
Amen to that!
(Chevy)

308Jeff
02-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Amen to that!
(Chevy)

Was a hardcore Ford guy in my younger years.

Then became a GM guy.

Nowadays everyone builds a nice vehicle. My work issued Ford truck will roll over 200K miles some time this week, and it still drives like a dream.

The GM LS engine is an amazing feat of engineering. Amazing how much power and abuse they can handle. The Ford Coyote engine is equally impressive...

I just can't stand Toyotas. :p

TXGunNut
02-10-2017, 01:23 AM
I'm also wealthy, attractive, sensitive, a good conversationalist and have no luggage from previous experiences or relationships. Or I'm a deplorable who would rather interact with firearms and related equipment than other humans. Your choice, I'm good either way. ;-)

kmrra
02-10-2017, 07:46 AM
put me down for JERK cause I have a remote and a thermos

imashooter2
02-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Gosh golly gee whiz! Those are shocking results.

Col4570
02-10-2017, 07:55 AM
I am one of them thar foreign nationals who like this Forum.

lightman
02-10-2017, 11:05 AM
I think what we have here is a clear cut case of cabin fever! :D

The results of the poll are interesting, but predictable. As mentioned, a few other things could have been added. Military service and marital status would be interesting. All in all, pretty interesting.

dverna
02-10-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm doing my part.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/BobinStLouis/Weapons/DSC_0334_zpsi6x0gcth.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/BobinStLouis/media/Weapons/DSC_0334_zpsi6x0gcth.jpg.html)

Nice....but get a set of shooting glasses for her.

Don Verna

Bob in St. Louis
02-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Nice....but get a set of shooting glasses for her.

Don Verna
Agreed.:oops:

Lakehouse2012
02-11-2017, 08:40 AM
This is a great poll, i will say i anticipated all the results, and if anything is possible to change, i would love to find a way to bring all the ethnicities into the mix. Im also a "middle aged white guy" but feel we would all prosper by growing the hobby/sport/passion/obsession to others, somehow?

Bob in St. Louis
02-11-2017, 09:42 AM
I thought religion would be an interesting one to list as well.
Of course I'd expect Christian to be the majority based on the bitter clinger banners I see, but you never know.

runfiverun
02-11-2017, 11:59 AM
less than 1% of our membership took the poll.
don't get too carried away :lol:
but it is a pretty fair representation of the membership.

if anyone cares to look at the numbers you can see why the rules we have are in place.

OS OK
02-11-2017, 01:01 PM
It looks like over the years that members have signed up and moved on...these polls always show poor participation compared to actual membership.

Chief
02-11-2017, 02:51 PM
:lovebooli :!:

Chief
02-11-2017, 02:52 PM
So it would appear that LGBT is not well represented here. Hmmmm.

you might conduct a poll and find out :killingpc

Chief
02-11-2017, 02:54 PM
:groner::lovebooli

robg
02-11-2017, 04:44 PM
So we are old male white conservative libertarian hunters in the main . my kind of crowd.

Hickory
02-14-2017, 08:28 AM

That's the society we live in. :groner:

Scrounge
02-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Haven't been on here long, but I can tell this is a pretty large and diverse group of individuals. Got to thinking on the commute home tonight it might be fun to do a poll and see what kind of makeup with have in this community.

Been here a little longer than you, don't spend much time here, so this is only my 2nd post. Fit in multiple categories both in your poll, and in some of the first 3 or 4 posts of suggested other poll questions. Not a hunter, but only for lack of a good place to hunt, and for a time, lack of good things to hunt with. 24 years in the USAF, in three different career fields. ADD and CDO (like OCD but with the letters in the correct alphabetical order.) Yes, it can be challenging. ;) Not a Trump fan. Getting more and more favorably impressed with him, however. Small "p" patriot. Likewise democrat & republican. Not an Islamophobe, but not real fond of Islamofacists, either. Pretty much despise certain people who were also in the running, but had Large "D" after their names. Not real fond of most of the folks who had the Large "R" after theirs. May not have any black ancestry, but wouldn't bet against it, and the rest is certainly mixed enough. When I do hunt, I like to eat what I kill. Participated in the 1st Persian Gulf War, and was pissed when we were required to leave before the job was done. Not a whole lot happier that several of my much younger cousins had to go back there more than a decade later and help hunt down Saddam and his sons and their supporters. Just keep watching the pendulum swing, and wondering what will happen next. Spend WAY too much of my time watching how people who aren't members of this group seem to forget the Second Amendment, while trying to pack a whole bunch of other stuff in the other 9 that I can't see there, and claim that THEY are sacrosanct. I'm getting to be an old man, I guess. :)

Scrounge
02-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Not everyone advertises their orientations or preferences. I try not to. And I really don't care all that much about yours. So far as I'm concerned, as long as all parties are consenting adults, and they don't try to rub my nose in it, it's between them and God. Or Goddess. Or whatever. Not my monkey, not my circus. I MIGHT care if they prefer revolvers to automatics, or short to long, cast or jacketed. And the last financial donation I made to anyone was the legal defense fund for a trans-person who ran afoul of New Jersey's (IMO) racist & sexist & anti-human rights laws on possession of firearms. Oh. I guess I made one of my preferences clear there, didn't I? :) BTW, I don't even live in NJ.

JeffinNZ
02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
I just managed to vote ticking every category. Covering my bases.

paul h
02-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Well 12.67% of the members aren't sure if they're male or female, so maybe the transgender crowd is better represented than you'd think. :shock:

A pause for the COZ
02-19-2017, 01:48 AM
Well that poll did not surprise me one bit. Birds of a feather kind of thing.
If your interested and your stomach can hold out. Just pop onto any NY Times forum/ conversation and make a simple conservative statement.
You will learn real quick what the other 1/2 of this country thinks of you with about 75 non flattering descriptive terms.

Lloyd Smale
02-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Only 1 percent and we already have 4 admitted liberals. At that rate we would end up with about 400!!! Wonder how many have the nerve to step up and admit it :Fire:
less than 1% of our membership took the poll.
don't get too carried away :lol:
but it is a pretty fair representation of the membership.

if anyone cares to look at the numbers you can see why the rules we have are in place.

popper
02-21-2017, 07:57 PM
I got a nephew in NYC that thinks he's the only redneck around. But then he moved to Connecticut.

308Jeff
02-21-2017, 09:58 PM
308 voters. All is copacetic in the world....

No_1
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Polls which lead to excellent general conversation are always welcome.

dbosman
02-25-2017, 04:54 PM
I won't encourage polls as in general the data is to build out some database. I've never seen a database that offered a good reason to be on it, let alone be classified by it. Read a couple of thousand posts and you'll get a good understanding of "us".

adam_mac84
02-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Pretty singular minded group lol

Hamish
02-26-2017, 06:45 PM
I get polled quite enough on the 4473, thank you,,,,,,,

OS OK
03-01-2017, 09:33 PM
So far we are male, U.S. citizens, white and conservative...OMG!...if the Libtards find this out were 'screwed!'

10 ga
03-03-2017, 03:01 PM
I was pretty much in the larger demographic groups in the poll. However as part Irish and part English in heritage I was compelled, compulsive, and compelsioned to choose "other/mixed" as heritage choice. I may look white but with my Irish vs English heritage there is an overwhelming internal conflict! Take that you demographers! 10 ga

PS. Rather than hunter or not hunter the question should be "do you kill and eat your own food OR just eat what you find that is already dead?"

blackthorn
03-04-2017, 11:55 AM
The thing I find interesting is in the first two questions, i.e. male or female. There are 362 voters. Of those 362, 308 identified as male and 5 identified as female. Now this adds up to: 308 +5 = 313 voters, or 86.46%. 362 minus 313 equals 49 voters who did not identify as either male or female. I have to ask myself: What are the other 13.54%???? I must admit this question would likely never have entered my mind but for the (almost) out of control thread on transgender(?) folk currently running in the "off topic" sub-forum. So, any takers???

308Jeff
03-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Hahaha!

Thin Man
03-20-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm still looking in the Citizenship section for my bracket - Indigenous Redneck.

FergusonTO35
03-27-2017, 09:18 PM
I would bet that a lot of people on this forum are first generation reloaders and casters. I certainly am, and I managed to corrupt my best friend with it as well!

308Jeff
03-27-2017, 09:31 PM
I would bet that a lot of people on this forum are first generation reloaders and casters. I certainly am, and I managed to corrupt my best friend with it as well!

It skipped a generation with me. My grandpa did, but not my dad.

Rick R
03-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Appalachian American here. :smile:

While I fit in all the largest groups it's good to see that there is better than a smattering that aren't just old white guys. Our hobby (?) needs diversity if it's going to continue to thrive. Great poll! Thanks for the peek at who we are.

lightman
03-27-2017, 10:24 PM
It skipped a generation with me. My grandpa did, but not my dad.

Same here. My Dad was a hunter but not a reloader. My Grandfather was a Father to him and us, me and my brother. Started us shooting, hunting, reloading and casting. I still have the molds that we started with.

Greg S
03-28-2017, 11:41 AM
I've been looking but there's no catagories for peacenic, tree hugger granola crafting ultra liberal who is gender confused. What are you folks predjudice? I wanna participate but I can't. Whaaaaaaa.

ETA: Oh, sorry boys I didn't see the 'Rosie O'Donnel catagory.

Stir, stir stir

Idaho45guy
03-29-2017, 07:39 AM
I can't believe there are 6 women on this forum...

308Jeff
03-29-2017, 06:44 PM
I can't believe there are 6 women on this forum...

Ballistics in Scotland (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?392-Ballistics-in-Scotland)
RogerDat (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?33450-RogerDat)
Dschuttig (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?6394-Dschuttig)
dverna (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?11080-dverna)
mcdaniel.mac (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?42973-mcdaniel-mac)

There's 5 right there...

:p

Grits
03-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Second generation reloader/caster here. My girls don't, but I'm working on two grandsons.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

C. Latch
04-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Male, 41, unretired hunter, US citizen (born here), white, libertarian.

C. Latch
04-03-2017, 02:00 PM

My mom's dad was a reloader, not a caster. I'm the first person I've ever known in person to cast.

shooter93
05-15-2018, 07:22 PM
We need some more younger blood and Ladies for sure or the shooting game will really start to shrink.

Idaho45guy
05-17-2018, 02:41 PM
We need some more younger blood and Ladies for sure or the shooting game will really start to shrink.

I work on a team of 12 people in Corporate Security and all are under the age of 30, except for one 37 yr old and me, and I'm 49. The rest are ages 22 to 28 and all are males.

So you have ten guys that are "Millenials". Out of those ten, four have served in the military. Out of those ten, one identifies as Christian and actually goes to church. Four are conservative, two are libertarian, the rest are liberal. Six enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking or camping. Only three actually hunt. Only four own guns. Only one has a CCW permit. None reload. None cast.

Seven play video games. Three own homes. Two have kids. Four have been married and divorced. All but one uses profanity.

By the time I was 25, I was married with two kids and owned a home. Seems the trend these days is to delay growing up as long as possible.

Bob in St. Louis
05-17-2018, 09:11 PM
WOW, now THERE's some poll criteria, right there! ^^^
Well done!

Rcmaveric
05-18-2018, 02:51 AM
Lol. Actually pretty interesting results. Just remember when you write your college paper, don't forget to cite and mention us all.

Side note: The ones that are over 85. I want to be like you. My thoughts on longevity have evolved over the years. I just want to be able to hunt, shoot, fish and garden till i die happily while taking a nap after tracking Ninja Deers.

fivefang
05-18-2018, 03:17 AM
I was made in China, Born in Munich Germ. came to stateside when 18 , am a American by Choice, a Southerner by the GRACE OF ELOHIM, Fivefang

mold maker
05-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Nine of my meds advise, "may cause drowsiness", so naps are of increasing importance. Being in the advanced age group adds to that trait.
Having cast since "62 makes me a senior, but much of the knowledge I use was found right here, at least the correct methods and not old wives tales.
Much of the stuff I thought I knew was just plain hogwash. The older I get, the dumber I find I was.

firefly1957
05-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Some years ago i might have identified as libertarian but that group has been hijacked by some real nuts! Conservative is a better choice the liberal choice is often misunderstood as to many that claim they are liberal are actually socialist!

MyFlatline
05-20-2018, 12:33 PM
If you want to find liberals on a gun forum, try shot gun world, I think most all of em are..

sleeper1428
05-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Some years ago i might have identified as libertarian but that group has been hijacked by some real nuts! Conservative is a better choice the liberal choice is often misunderstood as to many that claim they are liberal are actually socialist!

If you want to see a liberal stand totally dumbfounded, mouth agape and at a loss for words, just ask him/her to define explicitly and exactly the difference between a liberal and a socialist. I've never found a single liberal who was capable of explaining the difference, the reason being that there is absolutely NO difference.

sleeper1428

mcdaniel.mac
05-24-2018, 05:04 AM
If you want to see a liberal stand totally dumbfounded, mouth agape and at a loss for words, just ask him/her to define explicitly and exactly the difference between a liberal and a socialist. I've never found a single liberal who was capable of explaining the difference, the reason being that there is absolutely NO difference.

sleeper1428It's a sliding scale, but as a rule liberals still believe that capitalism is a useful tool but needs to be moderated with strong social safety nets, and generally view government as both protecting citizens from one another by mediating disputes and enforcing laws and protecting citizens against the perverse incentives of corporate profits (e.g. dumping toxic waste in your water supply, selling products that aren't entirely safe, ensuring allergens and known health risks are properly marked.) Good examples of liberal policy are Sweden, Germany, really most of Europe and Canada. Singapore enacts some liberal policy to fund healthcare but they tend to swing a little more fascist with government-enforced morality.

A socialist will tend to focus on labor-owned capital. Since socialism is an answer to capitalism rather than a dominant political philosophy, there is overlap in some areas but generally socialists see liberals as capitulating to capitalism and greed. There are Anarcho-Socialists and Voluntarist-Socialists that proscribe a non-hierarchical system (I think it's philosophical garbage but whatever), Communists and other statist-socialistswho envision a more totalitarian or authoritarian system, and a few other branches that fall in between.

Sorry, I tried to stand there with my mouth agape but really basic political science came out. Saying there's no difference between socialism and liberalism is like saying there's no difference between capitalism and oligarchy.

MstrEddy
05-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Male, 46-55, unretired, not a hunter (not against it, just haven't gotten around to it), Born in Cuba, migrated, became US citizen, Swore to defend this country before that, conservative with some libertarian thoughts thrown in.
been reloading for a while, but just recently got into casting.

glockfan
05-27-2018, 10:23 PM

i'm apart of few different forums related to either guns,shooting sports,reloading....but castboolit is a very special community among all of them. a variety of very different people of different ages from all around the planet , ranging from 18 to 90 YO!!! on par with brian enos forum for the mass of valid-first hand
infos that can be found ,castboolit is full of all the 1st quality infos about anything related to guns ,reloading and casting.a newbie can litterally learn all the ropes of reloading and casting via this site with nearly 0 chances to get false instructions-infos-recipes. a newbie can build a shopping list of 1st class tools needed to succeed at casting or reloading without any fear of being misleaded.

i even dealt hundreds of dollars worth of items with people who i don't even know , other than knowing them since when i registred couple months ago.this site inspire CONFIDENCE in the human being with a big C.and i'm serious ,i strongly stand behind all i said in this post.

JoeJames
06-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Southern Highlands - of British ancestry (Scots-Irish). NRA member since 1963; Life Member since 1985. Therefore a conservative bred to the bone.