PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!

buckshotshoey
02-07-2017, 12:18 PM
McAfee site adviser on my phone is flagging this website as having malicious or undesirable content.

Specifically it says...
"WARNING SUSPICIOUS SITE
McAfee tested this site and found files that contain viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted programs"

But when you press on the "veiw the full site report" link, and look under the "Site Safety Information for castboolits.com", it says no downloads found, and no link results found. If there was a problem, it would have been more specific with details.

I requested a review and told them if they dont get it fixed, i will dump them from all my devices. Probably wont do any good, but I feel better!

Computer still OK, just problems with phone.

Oklahoma Rebel
02-07-2017, 05:00 PM
#@$%% programs cause more problems then they solve! I think they make problems up so that you will think they are doing something!

Follow Me
02-07-2017, 11:06 PM
I too am ticked off with this so called Security Warning. I am going to get my daughter to erase this app. Ther must be a blue million other app's that will do the security job. Vote with your feet and go away to some other app.

Follow Me

smokeywolf
02-07-2017, 11:17 PM
I've had good luck with the smaller internet security companies and programs. Avast, Malware bytes and Spybot have done well for me for the past 10 years. I won't touch Norton or McAfee.

ioon44
02-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Yea, McAfee get to be more trouble than its worth some times.

charlie3tuna
02-09-2017, 02:11 AM
I've had good luck with the smaller internet security companies and programs. Avast, Malware bytes and Spybot have done well for me for the past 10 years. I won't touch Norton or McAfee.

Amen! Agree with you on all points....charlie

Bookworm
02-09-2017, 07:25 PM
When I open this site with Opera browser, it flags as malicious. When I use Chrome, or Silk (on my Fire tablet), there is no problem.

Sigh.....

Shiloh
02-09-2017, 08:35 PM
We dumped McAfee several years ago. Went with MacKeeper. The version we had didn't work and caused crashes. Our computer nerd recommended we go with MacKeeper.

Shiloh