PDA

View Full Version : Inquiring Minds Want to Know..... NOE Bushing Push Through Size Die

buckwheatpaul
02-07-2017, 08:43 AM
How does the NOE Bushing Push Through Size Die work....what do it plug into ..... for example the .431 Push Through Size Die does it stand alone or does it go into another die prior to screwing into the press.....thanks in advance.....Paul[smilie=b:

buckwheatpaul
02-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Question answered....I missed the sizing body that the die locks into......Paul

reed1911
02-07-2017, 08:52 AM
It has a body die that the inserts go into, along with 3 tubes to act a guides. The body tube, shell holder mod, push rod (for nose only) and tubes come as a single kit, and then you order the bushings you need for push through sizing, any inserts you may need for nose sizing and the caliber push rod you need. IF you have lee or CH4D or other push rods for that caliber they will work fine. The shell holder mod allows you to use the standard RCBS/Lyman style nose punches in the press to base first size if you like. The push rod that comes with the kit is only for pushing back out bullets after nose sizing if you do so. I really like that function as I shoot a lot of silo. style nose bore riders and it allows me to size the nose for certain barrels as needed rather than buying a different mold or trying to do it in the Lyman.

reed1911
02-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Oh! There is a link in the NOE forums and possible the store as well, to a Youtube video series showing the set-up and use of the whole kit.

Taterhead
02-08-2017, 04:15 PM
I like the concept of being able to pretty much get any size you want. So far they have been right on the money. The ONLY demerit is that the die body (since it threads in from the bottom) causes the system to bottom out before the ram is raised to max leverage. So sizing forces can be higher than they would be if the ram were permitted its full travel. EDITED TO ADD: I use a RC IV press so others presses might have a different experience with the extent of ram travel.

The red plastic container that comes with Lee bullet sizers fits on the NOE die so it will collect bullets as they emerge through the top of the die.