PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got the number for the FBI? I wanta report a kidnappin'!

bubba.50
02-05-2017, 11:57 PM
I want a full FBI investigation into who kidnapped the Atlanta Falcons at half-time 'cause that sure warn't them that came out on the field in the second half.

sawinredneck
02-06-2017, 12:21 AM
I'm believing football is rigged now.

Beagle333
02-06-2017, 12:23 AM
It was just insane how that turned around.

maxreloader
02-06-2017, 12:29 AM
from deflategate to hategate lol... anybody from new england knows that every single sports team up here pulls "W"'s out of their 6... in the final moments. I was out sorting brass during the entire game.

koehlerrk
02-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Couple lucky breaks for NE, and several uncalled violations on Atlanta gave them the win. First Superbowl to go into OT... Biggest ever comeback... Yeah, I'm starting to suspect it was about as real as reality tv shows...

Pipefitter
02-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately I missed the 4th quarter, had to take my wife to the ER. Bladder infection, couple of prescriptions and back home now......

bubba.50
02-06-2017, 12:47 AM
I'm startin' to believe the NFL is usin' the script writers from the WWE.

starmac
02-06-2017, 12:54 AM
I do not belive there were no shenannigans. I do however belive Brady must have threatened his offensive line during halftime. lol
Funny how the defense was steady breathing down his throat the first half, and he does not do well in that scenario, yet after halftime he could have backed up and sit in a recliner till someone got open. lol

Rufus Krile
02-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Atlanta used the 'Hillary' playbook. Ran up the count early on and thought they had it won. If the analogy holds, Atlanta will start claiming they won three of the quarters so they're the champs. This was the first NFL game I've watched since what's-his-name took the knee. Kinda liked it.

sparky45
02-06-2017, 01:10 AM
And that's why they play 4 quarters!![smilie=2:

Teddy (punchie)
02-06-2017, 01:45 AM
Just still don't like NE winning this game , maybe because I'm a Steeler Fan. Crazy game for sure.

Teddy (punchie)
02-06-2017, 01:48 AM
I'm startin' to believe the NFL is usin' the script writers from the WWE.

I hear you, like the Steelers you never know what is going on. IF A , D, or F team is going to show up?? One half things look great the next half like a whole new game and different team came out of the locker room.

Walkingwolf
02-06-2017, 03:42 AM
The Russians hacked their plays in the second half, it should not count.

Teddy (punchie)
02-06-2017, 09:16 AM
The Russians hacked their plays in the second half, it should not count.

I'll second that !!!

dragon813gt
02-06-2017, 09:49 AM
I guess some of you guys haven't watched the Patriots over the past seventeen years. What happened last night is why they have five Super Bowl championships. They have total poise under pressure. You can tell they've been there and done that before. Brady took over and proved he's the greatest quarterback ever.

This is coming from someone who's team, Eagles, was beaten by the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I don't understand the hate for the Patriots. All the "bad things" they did were committed by every other team in the league. But when you're at the top the target is on you.

Rick Hodges
02-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Pat's had the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and another 20 in the second...Atlanta's defense just plain wore out. Once the Pat's adjusted to stop the run Atlanta couldn't sustain a drive. The fumble and pick six in the first half inflated the score in Atlanta's favor but the Pats were grinding down the field. Brady took a hell of a lickin....5 sacks and 14 knockdowns....but he and the Pat's out lasted the Falcon's. The Atlanta defense was just plain worn out.

I'm not a Pat fan....died in the wool Detroit Lion Fan...(I know). You have to give credit where credit is due....

Plate plinker
02-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Yep Pats D came out with a vengeance from halftime. They made the right adjustments and the O managed to get it done .

Mike Ditka could still beat the Pat even by himself.

MrWolf
02-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Giants fan here, so no love for the Pats but they proved they were champs. Good game.

Powder Burn
02-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Yep, Ditka by 7. Fun to watch.

375supermag
02-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Hi...

Pretty obvious to any impartial viewer that New England just wore the Falcons defense down and that the Falcons could not sustain the momentum they had in the first half against New England's defense.
Considering the animosity that exists between the NFL and the Patriots over the "deflate gate" situation, it is certain that the NFL did not "script" a Patriot win as some have theorized.

As a Raider fan, I had no dog in the hunt.

It was an entertaining game. New England won because they had the experience to overcome a bad first half and Brady just willed his team down the field when it counted most.

mold maker
02-06-2017, 03:30 PM
And the looser team got paid. I slept through the whole thing without even paying attention to who played. Guess what, ti'll happen again next year, just like the last.

starmac
02-06-2017, 03:52 PM
First superbowl I have watched in probably 30 years or more, so I have no idea how much the players were paid. I do know that it used to be both teams were paid, but there was a very substantial difference between what the winning team and the looseing team was paid.
Are they paid the same these days.

No one can take away the fact that Brady is a great quarterback, or the patriots are a championship winning team, but watching the game Brady owes his success to the team. He is not the best in my opinion when he has defensive linemen breathing down his back, which was very evident in the first half, when he couldn't move the ball downfield.
The coaches made some changes at halftime and it took the pressure off of him to where he could shine and start hitting his targets.

I personally think there are better quarter backs in the nfl, but it takes the whole team, the coaches and even the owners, and apparently the patriots has a good package, including owners that make it work.

johnson1942
02-06-2017, 04:10 PM
i hope it isnt true as to being rigged. you never know. a few years back a famous boxer who i cant recall the name of admitted that all his fights were rigged for the gamblers, even if they looked like hard fights. money talks.

starmac
02-06-2017, 04:26 PM
i hope it isnt true as to being rigged. you never know. a few years back a famous boxer who i cant recall the name of admitted that all his fights were rigged for the gamblers, even if they looked like hard fights. money talks.

Rigging a boxing match is one thing, but a football game is a whole different animal, just the sheer numbers that would have to be involved and stay quiet about it makes it virtually, especially when you consider how competitive every one of them are.

FTG-05
02-06-2017, 05:00 PM
First superbowl I have watched in probably 30 years or more, so I have no idea how much the players were paid. I do know that it used to be both teams were paid, but there was a very substantial difference between what the winning team and the looseing team was paid.
Are they paid the same these days.

No one can take away the fact that Brady is a great quarterback, or the patriots are a championship winning team, but watching the game Brady owes his success to the team. He is not the best in my opinion when he has defensive linemen breathing down his back, which was very evident in the first half, when he couldn't move the ball downfield.
The coaches made some changes at halftime and it took the pressure off of him to where he could shine and start hitting his targets.

I personally think there are better quarter backs in the nfl, but it takes the whole team, the coaches and even the owners, and apparently the patriots has a good package, including owners that make it work.

"14. Players on the winning team will receive a bonus of $107,000. Players on the losing team will receive a bonus of $53,000."

From here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/super-bowl-51-facts-stats-ratings-food-records-history-nfl

starmac
02-06-2017, 05:27 PM
I would think that would be enough difference to make one at least try to win. lol

dragon813gt
02-06-2017, 05:34 PM

To many players to rig it. It's not like the NBA where a dirty ref can change the outcome. In that case many were crying foul for years but nothing was done about it. If you go back and watch some of the games it's blatantly obvious that he was rigging the game.

jonp
02-06-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm believing football is rigged now.

It's the Russians.

skeeter2
02-07-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm sure some of those catches were scripted. Sarcasm off

shooterg
02-07-2017, 10:58 PM
I despise the NFL's sudden death. Like the college way better. In NFL you win the toss, you most likely win the game.

Besides, the final score did not match up with my pool scores !