PDA

View Full Version : It ends well...

koehlerrk
02-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Couple weeks ago I pulled my Marauder out of the safe to plug a squirrel that was trying to get into my garage eaves. Sadly, the squirrel was quickly forgotten when I looked at the pressure gauge and it read 0 instead of 3000. Yes, I store her fully charged, so somewhere she developed a leak. Pumped her up and she started leaking air out the barrel.

Did some research and determined that a bad valve seat is the cause of what I was seeing. Found the valve for $8 and an oring kit for $15. Threw in a couple other parts and I'm up to $50.

Well, this morning, I was feeling good. So I set everything up on the dining room table and started disassembly. I. Am. Impressed. The fine folks at Crosman designed this rifle to be user serviceable! Very few tools needed, couple screwdrivers and a set of Allen wrenches mostly. Long story short, tore it all apart and put it all back together. Not only does it work very well, but its held 3000 psi since 9:00 am. If the gauge hasn't moved in five hours, I think I got the orings in right.

Sure, it was fussy work, but I took my time and had no troubles at all.

308Jeff
02-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Nice!

Except for the squirrel, that is...

Multigunner
02-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Crosman products are almost always well engineered and user friendly.

koehlerrk
02-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Nice!

Except for the squirrel, that is...

Even that part ended well... Daughters dog, well, she's a mini mutt, but there's definitely some cocker spaniel in there, anyways, she was begging to go out last weekend, really raising a ruckus. So I put shoes and a jacket on, and snapped her leash on. Well, I didn't get the leash snapped on well, because once wewalkedout the door she took off at a run, the leash went taunt and then relaxed. Nope, I didn't get it snapped in well at all. So, I go around the corner of the house, towards the garage, and I see her with the squirrel in her mighty mini jaws... The squirrel tried to get away, and she started shaking it... and quickly broke its neck.

Needless to say, I'm a little more inclined to like the mini mutt now that's she's proven to have that killer instinct. Good thing too, as my daughter is less than impressed. Teenagers... go figure!