PDA

View Full Version : Score on eBay!

TexasGrunt
02-05-2017, 12:23 PM
I've been haunting eBay trying to get good deals on moulds or a lube sizer. No joy on the lube sizer but I did score a mould this morning.

There was a Lee Bator mold listed last week but he wanted $40 with free shipping for a NIB 2 cavity. It didn't sell so this morning it was relisted with a Buy It Now price of $20 and free shipping! SCORE! It's mine.

I've got lots of bids placed but little success. Maybe I'm wrong but I won't pay more than 1/2 the cost of a new mold delivered. It seems the going rate is much closer to 70-80% on used Lyman, RCBS, Ideal and moulds.

I'll gladly take Lee moulds in stuff I need but most of the used stuff is going for more than new. I guess people never heard of Amazon or even Midway.

toallmy
02-05-2017, 12:36 PM
I cruise ebay when I am bored , but recently the trend is on the high side at least for what interests me . I see pricing that makes buying new look like on sale quite often . But it's like hunting and fishing you don't always get what you want .

reddog81
02-05-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm with you. I'm not interested in buying a used mold at 80% of the NIB price. I've seen used molds for sale at higher prices than I've paid for the same mold new.

Of of course I see the same thing with used guns. Someone pays close to MSRP for something and then tries to sell it a couple weekends later and they're asking more than I could buy it new with 5 minutes of online searching.

TexasGrunt
02-05-2017, 12:42 PM
There were two Lyman 450s and four dies. That set went for $126.38. If I could have found someone to split that one with me it would have been great.

OutHuntn84
02-05-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm with ya on the half price rule on molds and I'm the same way for dies too. Never know what some knuckle head could have don't to them. So there has to be enough of a discount that I can't help but get it.

TexasGrunt
02-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I'm with ya on the half price rule on molds and I'm the same way for dies too. Never know what some knuckle head could have don't to them. So there has to be enough of a discount that I can't help but get it.

Don't get me started on the dies.

I've been looking for a used set of 30-06 dies.

A new set of RCBS from Midway right now would be $37.58 I've seen used sets the past few days going for $30-$35. If I could find a decent set for $20 shipped I'd be very happy.

OS OK
02-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I've bought used molds twice and from forum members, on both accounts they were outstanding and 'old' Lyman molds. But I hesitate to buy used anywhere else because you have no idea of how they may have been abused...sprung sprue plates and the like.
So, I figure the price of new is my best bet so I can start off with something that has a good chance of not needing any Doctoring.

Jal5
02-05-2017, 02:29 PM
There were two Lyman 450s and four dies. That set went for $126.38. If I could have found someone to split that one with me it would have been great.

That would have been a pretty good split. I would be open to that.

308Jeff
02-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Don't get me started on the dies.

I've been looking for a used set of 30-06 dies.

A new set of RCBS from Midway right now would be $37.58 I've seen used sets the past few days going for $30-$35. If I could find a decent set for $20 shipped I'd be very happy.

If you don't find one soon, and you've got some reloading to do, I'd be happy to send you mine for you to use on an extended loan. My set was handed down to me from my grandfather and I've never used them. I'll just have to dig them out of the box in the garage.