PDA

View Full Version : Powder suppliers & Haz-Mat fees

trixter
02-04-2017, 12:54 PM
A while back I purchased some powder from a supplier and they waived the Hazmat fee. Is there any way to get suppliers to waive the fees by request?

dondiego
02-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Some may have policies that would allow the fee to be waved but you have to purchase quite a few pounds of propellant.

Smoke4320
02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
They are still paying the $28.50 to UPS or Fed Ex .. Its just an enticement for you to buy more .. Not there is anything wrong with that either :) :)

44man
02-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Hazmat used to be free. I made out the paper work and it just meant to load apart. We had training to load items. Then a UPS ape threw a box of primers. UPS started charging first.
Then guns were stolen from shipments and it started next day air at more cost. I was there and seen it. Shippers make money from it. It does not cost more to ship. It is just separation of a shipment. UPS does not do more then they did. It is free money for them. The place you buy from does not get the money. But they have to pay the shipper. Cutting the fee hurts the company, not the shipper. They must pay. I loaded tons of hazmat and some needed to be in the rear of the plane, some front. Can't mix in case of a busted box. There is no cost involved.