PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows today and tomorrow in PA AND OH

Teddy (punchie)
02-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Three Shows Posted for western PA eastern Ohio

Feb 4th - 5th
Warren-Niles Gun Show (https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/warren-niles-gun-show/)
Warren, OH

Feb 4th - 5th
Verified! Monroeville Gun Show (https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/monroeville-gun-show-showmasters/)
Monroeville, PA

Name:VFW – Hickory Post
Phone:724-981-2273
Address:States
5550 East State Street - U.S. Route 62Hermitage, PA 16148 United States

Open 9-4 Sat. and 9-2 Sun . $5.00 to get in, and under 12 free with adult.

Idaho45guy
02-04-2017, 06:35 AM
I haven't been to a gun show since the 80's...

I hear you still have to pay to walk around a bunch of overpriced guns, Nazi memorabilia, jerky vendors, and loud-mouthed gun "experts"...

I go to family reunions once a decade and that is enough of that for me...

Teddy (punchie)
02-04-2017, 06:51 AM
I haven't been to a gun show since the 80's...

I hear you still have to pay to walk around a bunch of overpriced guns, Nazi memorabilia, jerky vendors, and loud-mouthed gun "experts"...

I go to family reunions once a decade and that is enough of that for me...

yep you have that too. But after 30 years I just let the know it alls shoot there month off. I walked away from allot of

guns just because the guy selling was an A** and know it all. I have gotten so nice deals this time of the year. I like the

smaller shows. Smaller dealers of average guy selling.

Shawlerbrook
02-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Agree with you Teddy. We have a small 40 table show at the Sidney, NY Elks club tomorrow. You never know what you'll find and since it's a rural area the clientele are nice old folks.

Czech_too
02-04-2017, 07:39 AM
I've been to the Niles show. A lot of the same vendors I see at the Berea & Medina shows.
As to the "loud-mouthed gun "experts", I've got a pair of feet & they know how & when to walk.
I too like the smaller shows.

rototerrier
02-04-2017, 07:57 AM
I used to think the same way and stopped going to gun shows many years ago. I've gotten back into them in the last several years and simply enjoy walking around and looking at all the guns. You don't have to a buy a thing and sometimes you might just stumble across a great deal.

Last show I went to, a vendor had just recently bought out a gun shop's inventory of smokeless powder. Because he couldn't vouch for its history, he was offering it at a deep discounts. Buddy of mine and myself both picked up 2 8lb containers of Leveevolution and BLC2 for $80 each. $10/lb! Also walked out with some super cheap 30cal cans which are always in great supply at these shows.

Point being, it's kinda like the lotto, if you never play you'll never win plus it's good exercise and fun to just get out of the house and look at guns.

richhodg66
02-04-2017, 08:10 AM
We have a few small town ones here. There's one in Abilene today I'm gonna go to, seems most there are old timers with interesting stuff who are there more to socialize than make money so I always enjoy this show and the one like it in Herrington every year.

I don't go to big city shows anymore. Table after table of dealers with the newest black rifles or automatic pistols do nothing for me. If I wanted a dealer's new stuff, I'd go to his shop. But give me a little town one with nice folks, and a boy scout troop or volunteer fire department raffle to earn funds for something worthwhile and a ladies organization actually providing good food and I'm there.

quack1
02-04-2017, 08:18 AM
I haven't been to the Niles show in a long time. Went to a couple of the Monroeville shows, but there was too much jewelry, cheap knives and coins.
I do like the smaller shows- Clintonville VFD, Scott township (Harlensberg)VFD and Rocky Grove VFD are some of the better ones.

SSGOldfart
02-04-2017, 08:41 AM
We have a few small town ones here. There's one in Abilene today I'm gonna go to, seems most there are old timers with interesting stuff who are there more to socialize than make money so I always enjoy this show and the one like it in Herrington every year.

I don't go to big city shows anymore. Table after table of dealers with the newest black rifles or automatic pistols do nothing for me. If I wanted a dealer's new stuff, I'd go to his shop. But give me a little town one with nice folks, and a boy scout troop or volunteer fire department raffle to earn funds for something worthwhile and a ladies organization actually providing good food and I'm there.
Both of these used to be good shows maybe I'll get back to them some day,were you located Richodg66?

fatelk
02-04-2017, 10:28 PM
I prefer the gun club shows as opposed to the promoter shows. If I went to gun shows expecting everyone to have good deals I'd be sorely disappointed.

I have learned to ignore the overpriced stuff and find something that interests me. If I find a couple tables with something worthwhile then it's a good show. I go to a couple club shows a year just for fun. My son goes with me and we enjoy it.

It is funny to see the guys trying to sell unbelievably overpriced stuff. At the last show I went to a couple weeks ago there were tables with the ever present $50 bricks of cheap .22LR ammo, while a few tables down someone else has them for half that price. Another guy wanted $35 per pound for his gunpowder, when I bought two new cans of 4064 for $20/lb from someone else. Many of them don't seem to realize that things are returning to normal now.

I know this has been a topic of discussion here before, but the ones who get me are the people who don't price their stuff. I've learned to walk right on by those tables without stopping. Almost invariably, if I have to ask, I can't afford it.

WILCO
02-04-2017, 11:32 PM
I like going to gun shows just because some folks are trying to ban them.....................

onceabull
02-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Back in 2013 a member here talked up the Wisdom,Mt.show. Took me until 2014 to make it.. It has to be in the running for the king(Queen ??) of small town gunshows.. First year didn't cover the overhead of a 7 hr.one way travel time. But did meet some interesting people on both buy & sell sides. It's a 60 table (inside) show, 30 ea in two separate buildings a block apart,more vendors selling off pickup tailgates and card tables then there are inside..Street front owners with space in lots rent those spaces..2015 and 2016 more than made up for the start,as those two shows presently stand #1&2 for alltime gross sales...( I am a citizen,not biznessman or ffl guy), just selling off stuff I started buying about halfway through the 20th century.. I have to agree that if you go to gunshows today looking to buy that Sav.99 25/35,or Rem.14 1/2 in 44/40 that you passed up for $400 in 1973,best just stay home unless it's priced below the last one sold on an internet gun auction site....the bigger shows hereabouts have from 2-4 gents sitting out near the intake portal to make first offer on what some oldtimer is carrying in. Last warning re:Wisdom--It's a two seasons village, Winter & August ........! Oneabull

Detroitdanm
02-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I went to the Niles show yesterday, huge new facility in the old K-mart store and lots of tables, decent crowd when I got there towards the end of the day, don't know how it was earlier. Seems to have been a resurgence of some smaller venders with just a wish-mosh of mostly used stuff. Was sad to see one of my favorite venders who always had interesting books going out of business. Also took a look at a Rem 700 in 300 AAC Blackout that had a nice Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x scope. Probably worth the asking price of $1600 but just too darn rich for my blood. Spent $7 for admission & $1 for a cup of coffee and had an enjoyable 1.5 hrs.

Iowa Fox
02-05-2017, 10:13 PM
I went to the Cedar Rapids show Friday night. The Friday night attendance was down from the normal crowd . I usually only go to buy primers or powder from Bobs Shooting Supply and to scrounge around in the junk boxes. There was lots of primers, and powder. And, lots of 22 rimfire in new packaging, not the old stuff found in the closets at the estate sales. Prices on the rimfire was down but still too high in my opinion plus I don't need any. I bought 2 pounds of Hybrid 100 @ $22.00 a pound. Found a big box of once fired Remington 3" 410 hulls for 5 bucks so I got them. Its 15 minutes of country driving and 6 bucks to get in with a coupon, parking is free. Cedar Rapids isn't a bad show, Des Moines is bigger and better but 2 1/2 hours of hard driving to get there.

Sam Casey
02-05-2017, 10:49 PM
I have not "set-up" at a show in some time, but still enjoy a walk thru once in a while. Find a good buy every so often. Do better selling on the net and enjoy doing the photos, descriptions, pack & ship of odds and ends I no longer need.

mold maker
02-06-2017, 03:34 PM
I hope the thieves don't show up, like at Greensboro NC. 49 guns stolen and no idea how it happened. That destroyed two dealers.

bob33809
02-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Went to the Monroeville PA show. Crowd was huge. Stood in line for over 45 minutes. Fist so I have gone to in PA in over 20 years. Some people had unrealistic prices on guns and reloading supplies. Found a few reasonable sellers, was able to make a fair trade so I was happy. Prices hopefully will calm down as we now have a little more favorable political situation regarding guns.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk