PDA

View Full Version : Polymer insert for NOE 227 HP 208 mold?

WilliamSS159
01-30-2017, 09:22 PM
I am shooting the NOE 227/247 grain bullet out of a remmington 700 bolt gun. I have tried the standard bottom metal double stack six round magazine and a AICS single stack 10 round magazine. The single stack work much better but I'm having to quickly slam/push the bolt home to get the bullets to feed. I dont think it's binding as there is no damage to the case/bullet. but i can feed the 230 grain lee much easier without the speed so i'm thinking a polymer tip would help feeding. anyone got any ideas?

Yodogsandman
01-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you need to back off on your overall length a little.

runfiverun
01-31-2017, 12:34 AM
the only way your getting a polymer tip in a boolit is to start with a hollow point, then partially swage the nose, insert the tip, and then finish squishing it all into place.
I'd just try a different OAL.

WilliamSS159
02-01-2017, 07:32 PM
I"m looking to find my lands at this point with a hornady OAL gauge at this point but i've tried at the lip of the bullet down to 2"... it is a hollow point bullet. dose anyone make a polymer tip?

1johnlb
02-01-2017, 08:00 PM
What chamber is your 700?

I guessing your using the 300 blackout molds. There's 2 things that could be happening and my guess would be your engraving the rifling with the nose of that noe 247, because the lee 230 5r has that long radius of a nose that doesn't come close to the rifling until it gets close to the lube bands. The other spot would be the case neck is possible larger from the bullet diameter being larger on the 247.

Try using a black Sharpe and color bullet and case black to see where it's hitting when chambered.