PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
01-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.—Matthew 7:21 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=b468cac392&e=3dd732485b)The music industry has the Grammys, the movie industry has the Oscars, and the television industry has the Emmys. I think the church could have its own award ceremony as well. The church could give away the Judas, a special award designated for the greatest actor of the year, the person who fooled everyone.

You see, Judas was a great actor. He was the first of many among Jesus' followers who were—and are—tremendous actors: people who talk the talk, but underneath they are phonies. They are fooling only themselves.

It's amazing to consider the fact that Judas was one of the original Twelve. With his own ears, he heard the great teachings of Jesus. He was there when Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. He was there when Jesus gave His sweeping overview of the future of the world, known as the Olivet Discourse. He heard Jesus say, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 7:21 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://2)). He heard Jesus' words on hypocrisy.

Certainly those teachings would have applied to Judas. But amazingly, it seems as though none of them penetrated his hardened heart. And not only did Judas hear the great teachings of Christ, but he also personally witnessed many dramatic miracles. But still he did not believe.

It isn't miracles that people necessarily need to see. The real reason people do not believe today was given by Jesus in John 3:19 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://4): "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

People can say, "I'm just not convinced" or "There are too many hypocrites," but at the core of rejection for most unbelievers is the fact that they love darkness rather than light.

buckwheatpaul
01-25-2017, 08:17 AM
rl69, Excellent lesson and message. I have heard preachers say that there are those that go to church but will go to hell due to their worshiping the church and not the Holy Trinity. There are fakes everywhere and only God and they know their hearts. Like I have said if Jesus is truly on your heart then He will be on your lips and you will be a child of God.

USMC87
01-25-2017, 09:01 AM
This is a great reminder for all to see if we be of the faith.

Blackwater
01-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Great lesson! I've always thought that Judas's faith was just weak, despite all that is enumerated above and even more, and that Satan tempted him, and he simply chose to listen to Satan, who, in at least an "earthly" way, "made sense" to him even MORE than what he'd seen and heard with his own eyes and ears! Satan IS very persuasive, and he's VERY experienced now in deceiving us, and tricking us, and luring us to places Christ warned us never to go. Satan always seeks out our weak spots - pride, avaraice, haughtiness, cynicism, pissimism, etc., and plays on that note until he creates a veritable symphony of disbelief and hatred of Christ, like he has.

But it's good to see a diffferent view. It's something none of us can know for sure, as long as we continue to wear these finite earthly bodies. When we shed them, though, I believe we'll be given to know so much more than we ever could now, and maybe these mysteries will be finally resolved with a finality that nothing could ever counter. Do we worship a grand and glorious and all powerful God or what?

EMC45
01-25-2017, 03:13 PM
People can say, "I'm just not convinced" or "There are too many hypocrites," but at the core of rejection for most unbelievers is the fact that they love darkness rather than light.

Excellent point!