PDA

View Full Version : Gun clubs/ranges

Postalpaul
01-23-2017, 12:41 AM
I have a question to any members of gun clubs/ranges

How often do y'all renew your membership and what's the process involved ? I.E. does the club mail you a renewal and you update the information on it and mail it back with funds ?

Im particularly interested if any clubs are using any electronic renewal processes

Thanks In Advance

lefty o
01-23-2017, 12:50 AM
we just renew at the club. your going there to shoot, just renew when your there. saves postage, hassle, etc.

2muchstuf
01-23-2017, 12:53 AM
One at the club, the other by mail.
No on line stuff.

clum553946
01-23-2017, 01:01 AM
One in person where when you check in & they notice it's due, they hit you up. The other two are my mail.

jjamna
01-23-2017, 01:08 AM
I got a lifetime membership (annual dues times 10) no renewing :) :lol:

WILCO
01-23-2017, 01:41 AM
Im particularly interested if any clubs are using any electronic renewal processes

Thanks In Advance

Never heard of it being done. Renewal by snail mail & in person are the only two ways I'm aware of.

jcwit
01-23-2017, 01:46 AM
I'M either an honary member or grandfathered in! One of the perks of being old.

JWT
01-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Snail mail or in person annually.

coloraydo
01-23-2017, 01:59 AM
I renew on-line here.

silverjay
01-23-2017, 01:59 AM
Electronic where I go. All renewals are at year end. They open a renewal page where you enter your info and credit card.

zardoz
01-23-2017, 02:40 AM
By snail mail here, each July. Must fill out form each year, dues by check, with current NRA number and expiration (if not lifetime member).

robg
01-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Pay by standing order .club got fed up with people not paying etc ,so pay up or stay away .

Postalpaul
01-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Outstanding keep em coming everyone. It seems at times the snail mail process can be troublesome or a built in excuse for some members

Silverjay I plan on sending you a pm if I may to inquire a little bit more about the electronic renewal process unless anyone else wants to hear about it also.

dragon813gt
01-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Only one of them is electronic on their website. Now that I think about it they're the only one w/ a real website. Used to have memebrship cards mailed to you. But a gate w/ card reader was put in so that went away. This club's renewal process is by far the easiest.

All the others is cash in person at one of the meetings. None of them are consistent. Some allow renewals three months before. Some not until the month of. Then you have that some use the new yeas as the date. One uses the fiscal year. And some are completely random months. It's not random to the club since it's when they were founded. But it is for the members. I used to belong to around ten clubs. It's now down to three because of a lot of reasons.

Randy Bohannon
01-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Our range is controlled by wether you have the current key to the gate or not.Every Jan. lock is rekeyed and for $25.00 you get a new key and use the range at your leisure.Keys are available at City Hall or LGS with both requiring D.L. id and a short form signed yearly,must be done in person.

LUCKYDAWG13
01-23-2017, 08:35 AM
snail mail $55 a year no R/O or BS pick up before you leave sing in and out

Preacher Jim
01-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Snail mail newsletter club website give notice of annual meeting 20.00 a year. All matches listed on Web site.

mjwcaster
01-23-2017, 10:28 AM
1st club- At monthly meetings or snail mail.
End of calendar year.
New members initiated at the end of the calendar year.
New I'd issued with gate code on it.

Moose lodge- not sure, just joined last year.
Had to join in person, and the lodge is staffed erratically, so good luck timing it to join.
No guests allowed, so it is a pain if you want to sign a friend up and go shooting.
Pistol only, but They have steel targets, so it was worth it for me.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Skeet06
01-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Club #1- Dues are to be paid in person at the clubhouse during regularly scheduled events. $50
Club #2- A mail notice is sent out in Nov/ Dec requesting dues payment by mail or at a local business. $6
Club #3- A January mail notice is sent reminding payment is due at a club meeting, by mail, or at a local bar. $10

Geezer in NH
01-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Snail mail both clubs 1 in January 1 in June

375supermag
01-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Hi...
I renew in person each year...the club secretary sits in the clubhouse and takes your payment and activates your new access card.
I am going to be there anyway every week or two, so I just arrange my schedule to be there that weekend.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-23-2017, 11:45 AM
1st club- At monthly meetings only, at the end of calendar year.
New members have 4 year probabtion, after that, you gain 'regular member' status. I am a long time "lifetime" member, gifted for donation to building fund drive, they no longer offer such an option

2nd club- At monthly meetings or snail mail or gun shop or board member. They send out a email and snail mail reminder at the end of calendar year.

beezapilot
01-23-2017, 12:00 PM
The whole club renews Jan 01 each year- dues are pro-rated for new members from June 01 on - early renewal is encouraged and there is a $5 late fee for renewing after the New Year. All renewals are done face to face with an RSO / Board Member so that all information is updated (contact info / emergency info) and any policy changes can be signed so no one can say "nobody ever told me". Each year the membership card (that must be displayed at all times) is a different color.

rockrat
01-23-2017, 12:09 PM
You get notice by email. You HAVE to come to a meeting to get your membership card. You have to read the rule book and sign that you have read the rules and understand them. That way we don't get "well I didn't know I couldn't do that" attitude. You signed that you read them and understood them, so if you just signed it and didn't read it, too bad, you are still held accountable.

375RUGER
01-23-2017, 12:11 PM
I can renew at the club or online. They send an email renewal notice.

Postalpaul
01-23-2017, 12:49 PM
I gotta admit I like the idea of renewing face to face at the club at a meeting

blackthorn
01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Renewal Jan 1. Senior $80, Regular $100. Get the application an line, print it off, fill it in and take it to the LGS to get your range key and update sticker for your membership card.

country gent
01-23-2017, 01:09 PM
At the club I belong to your renewal is mailed to you. You can either mail it back, pay in person or there is a locked drop box in the club house door you can drop it in. I believe in person a credit card can be used. Not sure if online is available as Ive been a life member for several years now.

Der Gebirgsjager
01-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Ours, you can pay in person cash, check or card, or by mail personal check. Due by April 1st. The gate to the range is electronically controlled with an access card waived over an electronic reader, and after 30 days overdue the card is deactivated.

quilbilly
01-23-2017, 02:22 PM
My club no longer mails out the renewal papers (3 pages). Members can either download the paperwork to mail in with payment or drop by the the gate and pick up a copy of the paperwork from the volunteer at the gate shack. We get the annual stickers and combination to the gate lock in the mail when the Sec/Trea. gets back from vacation.

bob208
01-23-2017, 02:49 PM
before I became a life member after 25 years. it was by snail mail or at a club meeting or event.

anthont1
01-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Lock on gate is changed every spring can get key at meetings or setup time with board member. 35 a year no prorating regardless of when you join.

Postalpaul
01-23-2017, 09:59 PM
375Ruger I sent you a PM with a few questions also

Thank You to everyone that has responded

XDROB
01-23-2017, 10:59 PM
I pay at end of December in person.
I pay when I go shoot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

shooterg
01-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Renewal notices sent snail mail first week in October(membership is Jan. 1 to Dec. 31) . Will send an email reminder in Dec.(to those with email, many do not).Most send checks with their proof of current NRA membership(required). Keycards for auto gate will be turned off ASAP after Dec. 31 if not renewed. $25 late fee. We have no paid help except a caretaker/groundskeeper. Accepting credit cards online or otherwise comes with fees and more time required from a volunteer so we don't do it.

rockrat
01-24-2017, 04:14 PM
We did away with late fees/proration of fees. If you haven't renewed by Oct 1, the combination is changed and you have to go thru the whole thing just as if you were a new member, initiation fee and all.

woody290
01-24-2017, 05:50 PM
We did away with late fees/proration of fees. If you haven't renewed by Oct 1, the combination is changed and you have to go thru the whole thing just as if you were a new member, initiation fee and all.

Basically the same at my club - have to be renewed by the September meeting or you are of the list. To get back in you do the initial process first, but with a Looooooong waiting list it is the kiss of death....

Reverend Al
01-25-2017, 06:20 PM
All 3 of my local clubs are renewed in person either at the range site or at our general meetings. Alternately, one of them is also available over the counter at several of our local sporting goods stores since it is our largest range and a public club and has about 3,500 members annually. (All of the other local ranges / clubs require an existing member to sponsor you to join initially and expect you to have some dedicated involvement in the club such as helping out at work parties, etc.)

daniel lawecki
01-25-2017, 07:06 PM
First year $150.00 two meeting for reading and to vote you in. Then $60.00 per year NRA membership not needed. Renewal every May one month grace period end on June after that bottom of the waiting list.

CajunJim
01-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Our range requires renewals in person. The renewal date is printed on our ID card each year.

Sam Casey
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Get dues notice by email; take $ next visit.

Reverend Al
01-26-2017, 08:08 PM
It's interesting that this came up. We had our annual general meeting of one of my 3 clubs last night and one of the first things that came up on the head table's agenda was the ability of our members to renew our club memberships online this year! Our board of directors is in the process of setting it all up right now and it will be available to the members fairly shortly. It'll be interesting to see if my other 2 clubs follow suit ...

Postalpaul
01-26-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm willing to bet that more clubs will migrate this way . I'm kind of interested in this to have a educated conversation with some members at our club about it . The one hurdle I see is the transfer of funds , if it's Credit card you have to add 3% and PayPal is Antiguan anything .

TXGunNut
01-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Snail mail or in person, I suppose an electronic option is available but not available at my local club. Raton I generally mail a check or have them add it to my tab when I pass thru or stop in to shoot.

skeettx
01-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Annual meetings to sign up again and read and sign safety statement
Mike

kmrra
01-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Our Club, usually Emails out the renewals, but you better remember when they come due , always has been Jan 1st , if you dont rejoin in that month you loose your spot and if that happens there is a 2 year waiting list to get on, membership is 50 bux a year and we only take up to 350 people and our town is only about 10k.
Oh and we have them fill out an application , if your admitted then you have tro go to the rand with one of the officers and get orientated before you get the combo to the lock , the combo is changed every Jan 1st

DCM
01-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Snail mail for one club, in person for the other. Both are annually, one by Feb, one by May.
The in person thing really helps promote folks actually showing up for at least one meeting a year so folks can see their face and get up to date on things.
Electronic will cost at least one party some fees, but would be faster and easier.

laveritt
01-27-2017, 11:02 AM
We are encouraged to pay our dues at the Christmas banquet for the upcoming year. Those who don't or are absent are emailed a reminder or invoice.

Sean357
01-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Snail mail in January, send money and info by February 11, lock codes changed that day. They send you your membership card that has the new code on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CGT80
01-29-2017, 04:03 AM
snail mail by check or credit card.

We have a waiting list of about 300 people for full membership, right now. The dues are 180 per year with 180 initiation the first year. We are capped at 1600 full members and 600 limited members (also a waiting list). Our system is not good. Some people say they don't get the renewals and others don't get them back in. The gate code changes on Jan 1st, but existing members have until about March to get any late renewals in. That means we can't get all of the new members in until at least March. Limited members renew based on the month they signed up, so it is all across the year, and they don't get the gate code (limited hours of use for them).

We are also considering something on line so that the process can be automated for a large number of members. Limited membership has been handled at the range, but we just capped the number and they really need to be handled the same as full members. We are in a transition period with the process. Our office is not at the range, so that complicates things even more.

If anyone wants to share info on how you handle electronic renewals, I am all ears.