PDA

View Full Version : Dame fortune smiled on me this morning: Yes, she did!

sniper
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
A good friend of mine has been telling me, "I've got some wheelweights and other stuff you can have, come get them. "
This A.M. I went to get them. :-D

About 150 lbs of ingots, ready to cast , ~ 25 lbs of lead in one block, 20 lbs Linotype slugs , and 10 lbs or so of of miscellaneous wheel weights, plus about 3 lbs of shot and range minings in a sack! All for....ya ready for this? $.05/lb.

Hoo BOY! I have enough wheel weight to last me for...at least till next week! That's in addition to the 75 lbs of castable stuff I have collected since getting back into cast boolits.

He says he has some more. Nope, I ain't tellin'! :mrgreen:

Sprue
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Good deal....nice find.

Now.... where'd you say this friend lives, ole buddy? :-D

sniper
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Good deal....nice find.

Now.... where'd you say this friend lives, ole buddy? :-D

Ohhhhh....'bout 1/2 mile off the end of the paved road. :mrgreen:

imashooter2
06-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Five cent a pound is very nice these days, but how did "come and get 'em" turn into a cash deal? [smilie=1:

slughammer
06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Five cent a pound is very nice these days, but how did "come and get 'em" turn into a cash deal? [smilie=1:

When he reached in his pocket for the mask, he accidentally pulled out a crumpled $10 bill.

Must have felt bad about turning into a criminal and just gave him the $10... :lovebooli

sniper
06-28-2008, 12:18 AM

We'd been talking about it for the better part of a year, and I offered to pay him. He set the price quite a while ago, and I wasn't about to argue. He had just got them found and sorted out.

I was thinking maybe ~10 lbs of the stuff. Boy, did I get surprised! Now I have about 200 lbs of ready to cast metal, with probably another 50 or so to smelt. Then there is the Lino. :-D

I'd about given up on finding a local source of wheel weights, and buying from daBay is expensive. None of the tire shops around here will even talk to a private citizen about selling their weights anymore.

Thank you, EPA!

And, I had a bowl of Cherry Vanilla ice cream for dessert tonight! All in all, a very good day.

xr650
06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a deal to me.
Congrats.

Shotgun Luckey
06-29-2008, 10:01 PM
5 cents a pound.....that's like free