PDA

View Full Version : SHOT show

Nobade
01-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Any cast biology members at the SHOT show? It starts today, if you're there come by booth 2016 and say hi. I'd love to meet some of you guys.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Baja_Traveler
01-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Stupid Autocorrect... - Huh?

Wish they would let me through the front door - would be fun to wander around looking.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Funny Story.
Last year, my LGS ordered a Henry Big Boy in 41 Mag, at the 2016 Shot Show. I was told about this about 11 months ago. I check in at my LGS once in a while and ask if the Henry is here yet? always get a NOPE.
Fast forward to today, I stop by the LGS, of course the owners are gone (at the Shot SHow) and I ask the part-timers there, who were runnin the shop, I get "we're getting in a 41 Mag Henry?" they were no help, but they were kinda busy and had other things to do. So, I go check the racks and ...No Henrys in 41 mag.

Nobade
01-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Aagh, I just noticed the autocorrect error. Dang it! At any rate the show is its usual huge deal, we're doing a pillar bedding demo at the booth, and I'll be glad to make it through to Friday night.

Blackwater
01-18-2017, 05:24 PM
My friend who works with Daniel Defense used to love going to SHOT. Now, since the "new" has worn off it, it's too much work for not enough personal reward, and he tries to weasel out of it if he can. It's huge, and getting around in THAT traffic ..... well, you just THINK you've seen traffic until you get there, but it's all on foot! Of course, he's my age, and we're not quite as "vigorous" as we once were. He DID used to be a marathon runner, so he was one up on most. But even so, age takes its toll eventually. I'd love to go, to see some of the neat stuff, but it's getting so infrequently encountered that it'd no longer be worth it to me to go. Sure wish gittin' ol' warn't what it is! You younger folks enjoy yourself, and report back. Us ol' pharts still like a vicarious titilation now and then! :-D

Nobade
01-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Yep, I can sure relate to that! It is quite draining after a week. Hopefully it is worth it and we get enough new customers to pay for the booth and the trip!