PDA

View Full Version : Handloader Magazine Index?

Fordcragar
01-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have an index on CD or an Excel file, or know where I can get one? I have fair amount of back issues and would like to know a little more about what is is them.

I know that there is an printed index for the previous year, in usually the first issue for that year. Maybe someone that has the set on DVD, would be willing to copy that page and send the digital file (of that page) to me.

I would think that the magazine company would make an index available so prospective buyers would know what is in each issue; which might be an idea that I'll pursue with the publisher.

Devon
01-15-2017, 11:19 PM
This covers from 1966 thru 1996.

https://www.wolfeoutdoorsports.com/master-index-covers-issues-from-1966-1996/

Fordcragar
01-15-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't think that they printed an index after that one; which I have. I guess I'm just looking for 1997 and on.

quack1
01-16-2017, 08:51 AM
I make a copy of each yearly index, makes it a little easier than digging through the magazines to find the issues with the index whenever I am looking for something. It still takes a good bit of time to go through all the index copies, as I have a complete set of Handloader, minus 3 issues that were destroyed by a Lab puppy. Sure would be nice if the publisher had a index on their site that was searchable and updated with each issue or each year.

Fordcragar
01-16-2017, 04:52 PM
I called Wolfe Publishing and they told me that they are planning on releasing a printed index to supplement the 1996 index; which would bring it up to the current issues.

I'm going to look into scanning the annual index in the magazine, to see how much work it will take to create an digital file. If I can put the time together