PDA

View Full Version : might have just scored big.

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
My wife works as a receptionist at our local small hospital. For the last two years theyve been building a new hospital and its done and they started tearing the old one down last week. She just called and said the maintanance man is loading lead plates out of the old xray room in my truck as we speek. Dont know how much is involved yet but the wife said the truck is squating pretty heavy.

The Dust Collector
06-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Let me be the first to say GOOD ON YOU! Did your wife ask for that lead on her own!
DUST

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I told her a while back to ask the maint. supervisor to see if he could get it for me.

crabo
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
What a woman!

Crabo

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Ive been layed up for over a year with back problems and shes even picked up wws at the tire shops when she goes to town. Now if i could just get her to cast and load!!!

madcaster
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
keep on working with her Lloyd,it may help if you can swing a Magna Master caster for her![smilie=1::-D

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2008, 06:08 PM
dont need a master caster. I can cast faster by hand but id sure like to have one of those 90lb pots!!
keep on working with her Lloyd,it may help if you can swing a Magna Master caster for her![smilie=1::-D

xr650
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Congrats Lloyd.
Hope she has to make a second or third trip. :drinks:

USARO4
06-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Good score Lloyd. An electrician freind of mine scored me 700lbs from a hospital remodel in Nashville. It was glued to sheetrock but when I separated it and melted it down it was as close to pure lead as I've ever tested.

The Dust Collector
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
A good woman is always standing by a good man. GOOD ON YOU AGAIN!
That should last for awhile, happy casting and good shooting my friend!!!!
DUST

Wayne Smith
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Hope you have some strong, young friends to help you unload that truck!

redneckdan
06-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Need a hand unloading? I'll be down in skandia attending a wedding this weekend. Only an extra 40 miles or so to munising.

montana_charlie
06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
A woman of that quality deserves total respect and full support. Be certain that you are johnny-on-the-spot (when she brings the truck home) to show her where she should unload that lead.

If she needs to carry it some distance, be sure to caution her about any obstructions that might pose tripping hazards. She is much too valuable to allow her to get injured through some oversight on your part...and then end up with half of the load still on the truck.

Continuous praise and encouragement would be a nice reward, and may hasten the unloading...getting the truck back to the building site quickly so the poor contractor doesn't have to double-handle the rest of the lead.
CM