PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming 2016

LAH
01-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Preached this service at Chestnut Knob Christian Church in September. The group Tender Mercies did the singing. There lead singer Sherri had under gone eye surgery so my buddy Skip Cole did most the singing. Sure was easy preaching when they finished. I'll post several of their songs. Hope you enjoy them.

Don't that sound like Heaven.

https://www.facebook.com/lynn.halstead.7/videos/1362807673731229/

USMC87
01-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Hey Lynn, I enjoy the singing and am happy to hear you had a great experience there. That looks to be Skip Cole the knife maker from Beckley?

LAH
01-12-2017, 12:21 AM
That's the same Skip & you would love that Church.

Boaz
01-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Don't that sound like heaven...don't that sound like home .
Yes sir it does , Thank you ! You are doing the work and may our Lord bless you in it !

LAH
01-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks Boaz.

Blackwater
01-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Homecoming services, as practiced here, are simple services where those who've moved away are invited, and some always come back for these special services. Get to see some folks we haven't seen in a long time, which is always great and uplifting. Get to come up to date with some of the stuff that's going on in their lives. Reacquainting with old friends is always a great thing for any people who are close to one another. And those that can get here always leave glad they came.

Here, we're about to plan our 50th year high school class reunion. That ought'a be a good one! Old friends are the folks who helped contribute to making us what we are. It's always great to see old friends, and have a great time at church. Churches that don't do things like this tend to drift off into dreary repetition, and that's good for nobody among them. Good to see Homecoming services still practiced and bringing such good results. Few get to come, but it's always a plus for them to know they've been specifically invited, and that they're remembered even when they can't come. Letters are read that are almost as touching as their presence when some can't come.

Great service! Thanks for posting this.