PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU carry?

Arisaka99
01-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Hey guys!

Im going to be getting my CHP, before too long and I was wondering what is everyone's favorite way to carry?

Im planning on getting a Glock 19, and now that I work in an office, I'm in button down shirts and jeans or slacks most times. The rest of the time in usually in T-shirts and jeans.

I was thinking something like a Galco shoulder holster, or a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Any recommendations?

Plate plinker
01-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Smaller gun is easier to hide.
I usually go right hip or just behind right hip these days.

aspangler
01-10-2017, 11:38 PM
I carry a TCP in 380 in my pocket. Not even a "print".

Mytmousemalibu
01-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Been carrying a S&W 442 J-Frame in my right/front pants pocket in a Sticky holster, so comfy I practically forget it's there. Otherwise it's my M&P 9C carried in right appendix in one of my own custom Kydex holsters. Not nearly as comfy but the firepower is dramatically increased.

Gator 45/70
01-11-2017, 12:12 AM
I carry a Shield 40 cal. in a Kydex sharks fin pocket holster. Works best in hiking pants.

Bzcraig
01-11-2017, 12:36 AM
I love my Supertuck and is my primary means of carry summertime with a Kahr CW9. Winter I take the opportunity to use the Crossbreed selection of snap slides.

TCFAN
01-11-2017, 12:55 AM
I carry two different handguns at different times. A Ruger SP101 3 inch and a Colt 5 inch 1911. Both are carried in Crossbreed Supertuck holsters on a 1 1/2 inch wide belt that is 1/4 inch thick.Also use suspenders under my shirt to take the weight off of my hips. Shirts are over the head polo type with elastic around the bottom.The guns never print and I can go with or without a jacket.I have tried a lot of different ways to carry and this works the best for me.

retread
01-11-2017, 01:03 AM
For summer clothes I have found a elastic "belly band" to be the most inconspicuous. The are made to be used right or left handed and have a place for two mags.

runfiverun
01-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Dang Chris.
wasn't you just like 17 or 18 a month or two ago?

anthont1
01-11-2017, 02:28 AM
I carry left hip or just behind iwb holster with a taurus pt740

DougGuy
01-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Kahr CW45 in a Black Hills Leather holster of my own design, rides deep, forward cant.

Hey Mytmousemalibu can you make one of these in kydex?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/DougGuy/Kahr%20CW45/DSC02655_zpscf8fcfa0.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/DougGuy/media/Kahr%20CW45/DSC02655_zpscf8fcfa0.jpg.html)

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/DougGuy/Kahr%20CW45/DSC02653_zpsbb492b3d.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/DougGuy/media/Kahr%20CW45/DSC02653_zpsbb492b3d.jpg.html)

Mytmousemalibu
01-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Dang Chris.
wasn't you just like 17 or 18 a month or two ago?

If you're refferin' to me.... I'm a few steps north of the average whipper snapper. I'll be cresting the 34th year of my existence here at the close of January. While my odometer is low miles, my back & musculoskeletal system has a salvage title.... Could easily be confused as a case of odometer fraud! Where's a lemon law when you need one!

Lloyd Smale
01-11-2017, 04:17 AM
in the waist band with or without a holster depending on the gun and how long it will be on me. If I'm just bopping into Walmart for 10 minutes I just stick it in my waist band If I know it will be on my for a few hours I use a iwb holster. I don't carry guns as small as lcps or J frames. I usually have one in the truck for emergencys or for when I forget to grab a real gun. then maybe in my pocket but that's rare. Lately its been my officers 1911 or g43 or my shield that gets carried.

Mytmousemalibu
01-11-2017, 04:44 AM
The little 5-shot J-Frame is certainly a sacrifice in firepower, no argument there. I have plenty of confidence in the .38+P to do the job but 5 shots and a time consuming reload that requires more focus & dexterity than an autoloader is what hurts its viability. In the extremely rare off chance some bad luck finds you, statistically speaking, just producing a firearm has a good chance of sending your opponent running without a shot fired. In the even more off chance you have to pull the trigger, it's unlikely you'll need more than a few rounds. It's better the hope for the best and prepare for the worst and having plenty of firepower isn't a bad thing. I'm playing the odds with a J-Frame in the sake of comfort, hope I don't need it at all. I carry more and longer as a trade for the positive. I'd rather have the little .38 snubbie than a .380 pocket rocket push comes to shove. I have a tuned up S&W Bodyguard 360 that almost never gets carried except for deep concealment since it is so tiny.

Wayne Smith
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Chris, there is a guy in NC that makes the holster I have for my CZ82 - you can hide it under a regular t-shirt. I got it at one of the Norfolk gun shows, I don't have his contact info. I have recently switched to a Light Commander (mine is Kimber) and I wear it IWB under a vest. I wear a pocket watch, made my own watch chains and fobs. That accounts for the reason for the vest so no one asks further why I wear one.

Next time you are down stop by and I can show you the whole package, or several of them. Prior to the Light Commander I wore a Colt Agent for years. Same way.

Yes, Five, it was a few years ago that he was 16! Now married (Lissa is a great girl, too.) and a father. Time does pass.

osteodoc08
01-11-2017, 08:40 AM
I either carry a XDS 45 in a Crossbreed King Tuk. Or my Colt LW Commander in a thumb break OWB strong side belt holster.

Boaz
01-11-2017, 08:53 AM
LCP in right front pocket , occasionally a CZ 82 shoulder carry .

rototerrier
01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Right rear IWB S&W 643 Airweight mostly in the summer. In winter, when I know I'll be wearing a coat, I'll sometimes switch over to a XDS 45.

I typically find I always just go for the 643. Lighter is just more comfortable. I carried the glock 19 for a while, but fully loaded, it's just as heavy as the 45. Over time, I just feel like I'm constantly "hiking" up my pants. I always wear a thick Relentless Tactical belt, but that only goes so far against fighting the forces of gravity.

With the airweight, I rarely ever know it's there. Just sits perfectly and never falls down or requires readjustment. Been carrying it for 10+ years.

tomme boy
01-11-2017, 12:48 PM
One thing to keep in mind for a IWB holster is if you have back problems. The IWB will make that flair up. It presses on the sciatic nerve where most people carry their gun. Right side behind hip. The Glock style pistols make it even worse because of the square shapes. The picture of the holster is the type that is the worst offender for this. The Cross breed and Alien Gear type that spreads the load out around your hip do help. But an OWB are way more comfortable.

Part of your choice is going to depend on your state laws also. Some states say that even the firearm printing is reason for arrest. Most say concealed. Meaning it must not show the actual gun. So even accidently flashing someone will get you arrested. Here is Iowa it is a CARRY Law. Meaning it does not matter how you carry or what you carry. Open or hidden it does not matter. I have switched to OWB carry. I modified my IWB into an OWB by making it into a pancake style belt holster.

texasnative46
01-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Arisaka99,

A >50YO S&W K-frame .38SPL "snubbie" & in a old Don Hume-made OTB holster.

yours, tex

runfiverun
01-11-2017, 01:04 PM
sorry Malibu.
Arisaka is also Chris.
I keep thinking of him as the youngster that first come on here.
I forget he is about parallel in age to Littlegirl, who has up and left home and stuff too.

Plate plinker
01-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Forgot to mention if you like the idea of the G19 try a G43 first. Sweet little gun and just as controllable.

Also I carry everyday almost everywhere. I would get the small gun first and everything else will come in due time.

shooterg
01-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Old Sigma .380 in pocket holster mostly - cold weather with coat, 1911 right hip in an old Bianchi. Used to have a 9mm derringer ! for the other pocket. Better than a rock - barely.

jcwit
01-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Indiana is a license to carry State! I carry with a holster on my side, in winter it is normally concealed, in spring & summer & fall, not so much. In 15 years now it has never presented a problem.

I did one time have a gentleman ask me about it as it was in the open, but he was from Florida, which is concealed only, and he was just getting info as he was moving to Indiana.

Texas by God
01-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Butt forward right hip Mexican carry for my Walther PP .32, my .40 Shield, and Govt .45 works well for me. 6-1/2" single actions in modified leather for slant towards my special purpose for tractor and vehicle operation. I am fond of Hunter holsters when living outdoors. Best, Thomas.

Mtnfolk75
01-11-2017, 02:17 PM
9mm LCR in a Mika Pocket Holster with a Speed Strip of 5 in the Watch Pocket plus a Moonclip in a Rightside pocket if wearing a Vest or jacket. When I go somewhere that I may need a gun, a Hi-Cap 9mm in a Bellyband or OWB, both at 3:30/4:00 ...... [smilie=s:

bob208
01-11-2017, 02:29 PM
most times a browning h-p in a bianchi iwb behind right hip with the butt tilted forward. at times I carry a llama in .32in my pocket.

deep creek
01-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Lcp left front pocket

scarry scarney
01-11-2017, 06:06 PM
small pistol in a cross breed! Just to see how well it concealed, I wore an LC9 in a supertuck at a wedding. Tucked the shirt in, and it stayed hidden. Even took the jacket off during the reception. Only finally during a slow dance, the wife figured out I was packing....

dragon813gt
01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
One on each ankle. Two on my hip. Two in a shoulder rig and a sawed off under a trench coat ;)

Sean357
01-11-2017, 06:16 PM
I used to have a G23 a few years ago that got carried appendix iwb in a Raven VG2. Was pretty comfortable. Now I carry a 3" SP101 in a modified holster appendix IWB, or in one of my own holsters owb on my hip. You might want to check out aliengear holsters also if 3-4 o'clock is your choice. I've been meaning to, just haven't yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hogtamer
01-11-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm thankful for all of you who do carry in the sense you mean, I just don't. But if I'm riding I'm armed and that, heavily.

Wayne Smith
01-11-2017, 06:30 PM
One on each ankle. Two on my hip. Two in a shoulder rig and a sawed off under a trench coat ;)

Except for the shotgun you are well balanced!

Friends call me Pac
01-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Right side IWB N8 Tactical holster. Either a 1911 or a .38 snubbie. The holster is for both is tuckable but I prefer to use a pocket holster and the .38 if I can't have my shirt hanging out.

Fishman
01-11-2017, 06:44 PM
I pretty much carry like Dragon carries most days but I often add a rifle down my pants leg muzzle in my boot top in case I need to engage at long range. On those days when I'm working or otherwise not causing trouble I carry a Taurus ultra-light titanium snubby .38 in a Mika holster in my right front pocket. It is super comfortable and nobody, but nobody notices it least of all me.

Sam Casey
01-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Plate plinker - how do you carry that Glock 43?

Plate plinker
01-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Behind right hip in my clipper holster.

PoisonIvyMagnet
01-11-2017, 08:00 PM
The Crossbreed holsters are nice. I went with their smaller MiniTuck version for my Springfield XDs. Carried on the right hip (3 o'clock) it's comfortable for out running around or sitting in the car. When I don't feel like dealing with clipping the Crossbreed in, I keep a Sticky brand holster in the car for quick trips into the store.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Geezer in NH
01-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Glock 26 or S&W 442 front right pants pocket movingto coat right sidepocket this time of year.

Moonie
01-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Good to see you again Chris, I usually open carry, XD subcompact Mod.2 in 40 with full size mag in a Serpa, sometimes I do concealed carry, about 1/2 the time it's the XD subcompact in a IWB holster and 1/2 the time with the wifes Sig P938 in a pocket holster.

I used to alternate between my full size 1911 and a compact 1911 but they got to heavy.

Arisaka99
01-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Virginia is an open carry state, so no issues with printing or brandishing while concealed. I'm a big guy (6'5", 285#) so I figured a compact would be perfect in that during the winter or summer I should have no problem concealing because of my large frame and the gun being small enough.

I like the the idea of a shoulder holster, but I open carried a Sig P239 between 7 and 8:00 (Southpaw)behind my hip, so I wouldn't be adverse to IWB or OWB.

I haven't been on in quite a while. Haha I've been pretty busy. I took an EMT class, got married in the middle of it, started Firefighter 1, had a baby, finished firefighter 1, retook EMT and passed, took a hazmat course, took firefighter 2, meanwhile I was working at Starbucks, broke my elbow on a structure fire, then switched jobs and was commuting an hour and a half each way while volunteering at the firehouse, raising a family, and going to classes. Haha

You could say I was a LITTLE bit busy. :P I switched to a new role within the company the 1st of the year, so I'm not commuting and I get to work in the office 8-whenever with a much higher earning potential. It's DEFINITELY worth it.

Moonie
01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Virginia is an open carry state, so no issues with printing or brandishing while concealed. I'm a big guy (6'5", 285#) so I figured a compact would be perfect in that during the winter or summer I should have no problem concealing because of my large frame and the gun being small enough.

I like the the idea of a shoulder holster, but I open carried a Sig P239 between 7 and 8:00 (Southpaw)behind my hip, so I wouldn't be adverse to IWB or OWB.

I haven't been on in quite a while. Haha I've been pretty busy. I took an EMT class, got married in the middle of it, started Firefighter 1, had a baby, finished firefighter 1, retook EMT and passed, took a hazmat course, took firefighter 2, meanwhile I was working at Starbucks, broke my elbow on a structure fire, then switched jobs and was commuting an hour and a half each way while volunteering at the firehouse, raising a family, and going to classes. Haha

You could say I was a LITTLE bit busy. :P I switched to a new role within the company the 1st of the year, so I'm not commuting and I get to work in the office 8-whenever with a much higher earning potential. It's DEFINITELY worth it.

Great to hear the updates, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has wondered how you were. I remember you stopped by a while back and I believe mentioned the wedding, not sure if you mentioned a baby at the time. I understand busy, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying feel free to stop by every now and then and let us know how you are.

shoot-n-lead
01-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Mexycan carry

skeettx
01-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Many ways, but sometimes
http://www.desantisholster.com/APACHE-ANKLE-RIG

OutHuntn84
01-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Casually I have one of those belt clips for my Pf9 and just slip it behind my right hip. I can only carry like that at work (suit and tie) as long as I keep my jacket on. I have been eyeballing one of those Urban Carry rigs though.

imashooter2
01-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Airweight J frame, right front pocket in a Mika holster.

dragon813gt
01-11-2017, 10:34 PM
So for real this time. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and Alien Gear Tuck 3.0. The Alien Gear is very hot in the warmer months. It's nice in the winter though.

Ickisrulz
01-11-2017, 10:44 PM

I was going to claim I carried a Henry Mare's Leg like Josh Randall. But yours is funnier.

labdwakin
01-12-2017, 02:01 AM
1911 in a Bianchi shoulder rig, 1911 compact SOB Galco, S&W 642 pants pocket (I'm almost as big as you are), Polish Makarov (PPK knockoff) IWB... of the four, the 642 is the lightest, the Makarov is the easiest to conceal, the 1911 compact is the coolest, and the 1911 full size is my baby... lol

Blackwater
01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
I've carried daily for almost 40 years now. Often, it's been some tiny "last ditch" type gun, but I refused to go unarmed. These days, and for a good while now, it's been a little mini-.380, a Taurus TP-738 I think it is. It's been amazingly accurate for its size, and I chose it for the trigger pull, which is DAO and very smooth and "shootable," yet safe in my front pocket, where I usually carry it in a little holster designed for pocket carry. It replaces a little Kel Tec .32 that I carried for a good while, and it's eminently more shootable than the Kel Tec. I killed some snakes with the Kel Tec, using head shots, but that's pretty close range and it's much easier to do with that non-spongy trigger of the Kel Tec. I like my little Taurus. It works even when it gets lint in it, too - always a factor in a "pocket gun." I've been very impressed with it and its attributes.

When I'm serious about carrying, I carry my Kimber 1911 Lwt. Compact with 4" HB in either a Galco "Avenger" holster if OWB, or an Andrews "McDaniel" if IWB. Both in kidney position, because that's where I've traditionally carried, and habitually reach for a big gun. Both holsters work wonderfully in both concealment and quick access to the gun. I also have a pair of Combat Commanders, and those I now use mainly for field guns. Love them all.

I once carried a little Freedom Arms mini .22 revolver with 1" barrel. Figured it'd not be a whole lot of use unless that short barrel was pushed into an offender's guts. Then, the whole muzzle blast goes inside the body cavity, which very much results in a MUCH more serious wound, not to mention the reaction from the recipient.

Also have an old pre-74 Colt DS .38 snubby that is a real jewel. That's my gun for an overcoat pocket in winter, and it can be shot effectively while still in the pocket if needs be. Autos don't generally do well when fired within the confines of a pocket. Ejected empty tends to get back into the loading port, and tie the gun up. Revolvers are like a Timex in a pocket, and just keep on ticking.

Various guns require us to use various techniques with them for them to be effective. Judgment and foresight are always a factor in their use. Good luck with the foresight part, though. My crystal ball seems to be on the blink!

Tenbender
01-12-2017, 05:15 PM
2" five shot revolver in hip pocket. Can be covered with a t shirt. I'm a Glock fan but not as easily hid.

Bazoo
01-12-2017, 07:21 PM
I carry a full size 1911 A1. Normally in a galco combatmaster holster. When the holster was new, it did pretty good under a t shirt, and great under an untucked overshirt or jacket. Now that its old and worn out, not so much. But it does okay for places where it wouldnt hurt to get caught, such as walmart, where no one cares. For places that I cannot get caught, I carry inside the waistband in a desantis dual carry, modified by cutting off the thumb snaps. It does good, and was cheap, but isnt super comfortable for all day every day. It will conceal under a heavy t shirt no problem though.

Love Life
01-12-2017, 07:29 PM
I carry a full sized 1911. I use an IWB or OWB depending on how I want to carry. Mernickle is my holster maker of choice.

Hogdaddy
01-12-2017, 08:20 PM
LCP while working,, M&P 9c when out with wife + LCP in front right pocket in holster ; )
H/D

Powder Burn
01-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Stealthgrear IWB for Walther PPS 9mm and for funzies I use a Akar IWB for Walther PPK/s or just drop PPK/s in a pocket in my coat/pants.

zubrato
01-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Carry glock 19 aiwb dale fricke archangel, or strong side stealth gear USA revolution holster depending on weather and plans for the day.
SW442 depending on location, appendix with semiauto clipdraw clip/galco leather holster.

Strong preference for AIWB. It's fast, highly concealable, keeps me sharp when reholstering, and keeps me running everyday to stay in shape.

Beagle333
01-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Taurus 605 in front pocket.

Mytmousemalibu
01-13-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm a little humbled! I didn't expect the little J-Frame's and other small frame Revo's to still be quite popular in peoples daily carry routine! So many small 9mm's hitting the fun stores these days, I assumed more proliferation and i'm sure they outweigh the revolver crowd in general but still. I didn't get it until I tried it! Super comfy in a pocket holster.

texasnative46
01-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Ickisrulz,

I know a fellow in south Prince William County VA, who is successfully CARRYING CONCEALED a DB 12-gauge "sawed-off shotgun", with 10" tubes in a shoulder rig & usually a revolver too.
In the Summertime, his usual CC firearm is a (WWI vintage) .45ACP Colt's revolver with 6.5" barrel, in an OTB holster. = IF you consider that for a moment, you'll have an idea of how LARGE that he IS.

yours, tex

Engieman
01-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Most of the time it is a Kahr .380 or Walther PPS appendix carry via a small leather clip-on. I do have an Kydex IWB holster for my 3:30 carry, but I find the appendix most comfortable and more concealable. I don't have much of a backside so a bulge is more prominent. In all cases I wear my shirts out.

GlockGuy
01-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Depends but right now usually glock 19 remora holster middle of back

00buck
01-13-2017, 11:13 PM
We aren't allowed to carry in this great state
I guess our lives aren't worth as much as you guys.
We must not be as trustworthy either
Ohh the shame of it all.. I'm deplorable

Plate plinker
01-14-2017, 12:22 AM

myg30
01-14-2017, 08:23 AM
We aren't allowed to carry in this great state
I guess our lives aren't worth as much as you guys.
We must not be as trustworthy either
Ohh the shame of it all.. I'm deplorable

I moved from LINY 26 yrs ago. Best choise ever looking back. I found out quickly that I was able to protect myself and family and 911 was not as fast a response to danger as drawing my holstered weapon to do so.
Sorry 00, keep a cell phone and extra battery, no consealment needed. Pepper spray, whistle ? Lol

I carried a G30 since they came out iwb mostly, winter carry in a shoulder holster.
When out in formal dress, slacks allow an ankle holster with a G-27 in .40 cal. With all the new compacts and getting older and arthritis starting a G-42,43 in the pocket,ankle or iwb.
A NAA .22 mag revolver as a last resort to cell phone in my hat, swim suit,( yes always carry at the pool or beach) boot or any other place except a neck holster. I remember one time I had it inside my glove,in my hand. The report alone will deafen a person.

Be safe and always carry, Mike

rl69
01-14-2017, 08:45 AM
CZ82 IWB around 5 o'clock I made a holster like the super tuck or alien gear, I like it. Im always in a long sleeve shert tucked in the only problem the clips on the outside of your belt give you away

rl69
01-14-2017, 08:50 AM
http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

Mossy Oak
01-15-2017, 10:48 AM
I carry my LCP in my back pocket, and my Glock 27 and 23 in a Bulldog OBW holster.

texasnative46
01-15-2017, 05:54 PM
00buck,
'
And you're still in NJ??
(Are your feet nailed to the ground??)

yours, tex

Ithaca Gunner
01-15-2017, 07:30 PM
These days I carry a Colt Commander .45 and it's usually in a Blackhawk inside the waistband holster right behind my right hip. I have many ways to carry, a "Miami" shoulder rig by Galco, a clip on pancake holster along with several others, but the Blackhawk is my current favorite. Made in Italy of quality leather that keeps any part of the gun from touching my flesh in case all I'm wearing is a T-shirt and the clip is strong enough to hold even without a belt. If I remember right, the price was under $50.00.

Murphy
01-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Over the many years I've carried a handgun, one thing I have learned for certain. I honestly do not believe there is a simple answer to carrying just one gun every day. Several things come into play which influence ones choices in what to carry. One is a persons size and how they are physically built. What one person can carry comfortably and it go unnoticed, but on another it would stand out like a 3rd foot.

Something I read decades ago (sadly I wish I had written it down, they were a very wise individual) was when it comes to self defense handguns, all one truly needed was two handguns. A full size 1911, and a small frame 5 shot 38 Special. I would have saved myself a young fortune over the decades had I heeded those words long ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one bit upset about having owned a heck of a lot of various 'carry guns' over the decades. Handguns have long been a passion of mine. Not just for self defense carry, but for hunting, competition and plinking.

One thing that has changed the past quarter of a century, has been how many choices one has to choose from. The passage of concealed carry by dozens of states prompted various gun makers to try and come up with the perfect concealed carry gun. The newly legally armed CCW holder, seemed to all want the same thing. Small, light in weight, and powerful. Enter the plethora of 380 and 9mm micro handguns out there on the market today. I would not hesitate to pick some of them over even my trusted S&W 5 shot 38 Special.

Gun position is another dilemma. Enjoy your search. But a good strong side behind the hip is never a bad choice. Neither is a nice shoulder holster. Then, there are the new micro 9's and such that will fit great in a front pocket.

Murphy

tygar
01-15-2017, 10:29 PM
I carry various guns. It depends on what I'm wearing & what I feel like carrying.

I usually carry something that starts with a .45!, but also carry 9mm, 38, 380(usually as a back up, but not always)

In the winter or when wearing long pants &/or a jacket, it's always a .45.

In the "shorts" time of the year, I will carry a LC9 in a cargo pocket, but often carry a .45 on the belt.

Rarely will put the S&W 380 in the pocket, but with the 9 I usually carry it in the opposite cargo pocket.

I also use a lot of different holsters, depending on clothes & situation.

In .45s, any of a number of Kimber Ultra or Colt officers, S&W 325PD, S&W 4513TSWs or 4516s.

38s are various airweight S&Ws. 9 & 380 as above.

My outside belt carry is usually just in front of my hip, IWB hip or in front.

Have a lot more holsters & guns to fit them.

Carry what your good & comfortable with & that is totally reliable. I my picture I'm carrying a Kimber Ultra & with those banded bottom polos they can't be seen.

I don't carry anything that hasn't been tested with hundreds of rounds with various bullets & no FTF, & will flat put them in the heart locker.

Baja_Traveler
01-16-2017, 10:42 AM
When I can wear a jacket I'll carry the Sig P220 in a crossbreed. Otherwise the J frame gets the nod in a Blackhawk IWB holster, which is the most comfortable all the way around - especially when driving.

Unfortunately I can only carry when I'm out of my home state, which is a liberal mecca that does not believe I have the right to protect myself.
I've been on a business trip to Utah these past few weeks, and it's been so refreshing being able to carry 24/7...

bedbugbilly
01-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Not much help as I carry on the belt - usually with a shirt-tail or jacket over it.

You on't state what your work situation is - but if you are an "employee" of a company - you'd better be checking with your employer as to what their carry policy is. Not to be a wet blanket but many companies do no allow it peimarily due to liability - and if it is against policy, a legitimate reason for immediate dismissal.

Beau Cassidy
01-16-2017, 11:06 PM
DAO HK P30 rebarreled to .357 Sig in DM Bullard IWB leather at 3 o'clock. I will frequently put an extra magazine in the left front pocket.

For those days when I have been at work and have to get gas, go to the store, etc on the way home I will put a Bodyguard .380 in a Don Hume pocket holster in the right front pocket.

Trouble doesn't announce it's coming...

TXGunNut
01-16-2017, 11:16 PM
Except for the shotgun you are well balanced!

A compact rifle will help with that. ;-)

TXGunNut
01-16-2017, 11:55 PM
When my shirt or jacket will conceal it I generally carry a Commander sized SR1911 in a tooled El Paso Saddlery holster on a matching belt. Other times I keep and LCP in my pocket.

VinceG
01-17-2017, 01:47 AM
Check out Aliengear holsters. They are cheap and very comfortable. Custom made to fit any pistol and you can trade back for different shells if you change pistols. I can wear mine all day with a J-frame and nearly forget it's there.

Arisaka99
02-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Well boys, I did it. I bought a G23 Gen 4. First pistol purchase of my adult life. Haha bought a cheap Serpa holster too, but I'll probably get rid of it. Now to wait on my CHP.

adam_mac84
02-26-2017, 06:27 PM
IWB KingTuck. Love it. MP9c

Walkingwolf
02-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Well boys, I did it. I bought a G23 Gen 4. First pistol purchase of my adult life. Haha bought a cheap Serpa holster too, but I'll probably get rid of it. Now to wait on my CHP.

I have a serpa for my 1911, it works, but. I never trusted the paddle, but the belt attachment works fine, but it is still not leather.

jonp
02-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Outside holster. Never cared for pocket or IWB although I will carry a derringer clipped to my pocket at times. I prefer a paddle holster but a Yaqui Slide is ok. I do like the trigger guard covered. lately both my wife and I have started using a belt with the inside waistband paddle to hold it on belt or not. Seems pretty decent to me

dbarry1
02-27-2017, 09:17 PM
For G19: IWB @ 4 o'clock.

JWFilips
02-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Summer with light shirt over pants Mid back on belt 32 acp.
Winter shirt tucked either in coat pocket or IWB same weapon both When I'm at work

Not working side carry 38 special S&W 15 If it shows you knows!

375RUGER
03-01-2017, 05:59 PM
I carry a Commander size 1911 in a custom IWB holster that can be strong side, cross draw, or strong side behind the hip.
I also carry a Ruger LCP in my back jeans pocket.
Sometimes when I want a lighter gun than the .45 it's a snub titanium .38 IWB, another custom holster. It also works well as a boot gun.

35remington
03-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Either 40 or 45 Shield or for hot nasty humid days a Smith 638, all in a Bianchi 100 Professional save for the 45 which does not come in that style.....yet. For now I am getting by with a one size fits Blackhawk synthetic cheapie but will change that soon.

Appendix IWB as this location does not prohibit access when driving a vehicle like strong side or 4 o'clock locations do. Seat belts do not get in the way but one must remove the garment from the seatbelt's coverage and drape it over the belt to get access to the gun when seated in the car. SOP after buckling up.

Had I a gut appendix IWB would result in a sweaty less accessible piece. A thin baggie protects the holster from sweat, especially the 638's holster which has no high paddle like the autoloader holsters do.

54bore
03-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Stainless Ruger GP-100 6" .357 Magnum, passenger seat of my truck, and a shoulder holster.

psweigle
03-04-2017, 11:15 AM
38 sp. derringer in the front pocket. if you see me, its on me

Doggonekid
03-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Depends on how I'm dressed. Shirt tail out IWB strong side Colt Defender. Shirt tucked in I use a wallet for my Mustang. Fits in my back pocket just like a wallet.

Arisaka99
03-07-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm looking at the Alien Gear Cloak tuck for while I'm at work with dress slacks and a button down, and a Galco Summer breeze for when I'm just out and about, and can throw a shirt tail over it.

Whats a good way to conceal with that sized handgun during the summer.. Virginia Summer's aren't exactly temperate, and I don't want to be overdressed.

Wayne Smith
03-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Short pants and no shirt? C'mon, Chris, who are you joshing? You'll need to carry a man purse or a tackle box! Your supertuck should do it if you have a shirt - even a beater as long as it has something between the gun and your skin.

Plate plinker
03-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm looking at the Alien Gear Cloak tuck for while I'm at work with dress slacks and a button down, and a Galco Summer breeze for when I'm just out and about, and can throw a shirt tail over it.

Whats a good way to conceal with that sized handgun during the summer.. Virginia Summer's aren't exactly temperate, and I don't want to be overdressed.

Well probably IWB is the way to go and you need a good gun belt. After that it is up to you and all depends on how you like your gun to ride. Remember you will not wear it if you do not like the feel. Recommend you get your hands on as many holsters as possible to try different types. I personally like my IWB's behind the hip for comfort. OWB can ride more forward.