PDA

View Full Version : Sccy cpx2

Freightman
01-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I traded for one shot 200 + rounds very satisfied then the firing pin broke. Well let's see how good the no ? Ask warentee is. Called them expecting them to send me a firing pin, the man ask what color the slide was? Black I answered. Then the surprise he said a new slide assembly would go out in the morning, with it will be a PP label just put the old slide in and mail back.
That is nice and no ? Were ask on how what or when.I lookjed wrong it is on tyh frame not the slide "Sorry"

Tackleberry41
01-09-2017, 04:58 PM
I was told at the local shop that sells those pistols, if you provide a copy of a police report where the pistol was stolen they will replace it.

They probably did some minor change so requires an upper end vs a firing pin that may or may not fit. And now they will have it back to see what went wrong.

Freightman
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM
The BTAF made them cut that part of the warrantee out

runfiverun
01-09-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm trying to figure out what we are talking about.

Oklahoma Rebel
01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I find myself asking that question a frightening amount of the time:drinks:

jcwit
01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
The BTAF made them cut that part of the warrantee out

Being as the S/N is on the lower I'll wondering also????

Not much to do with the slide/upper.

BTW I have both a CPX 1 & a CPX 2.

beezapilot
01-09-2017, 06:36 PM
I've posted this before, but I live about a half hour from where they are manufactured. My niece bought one and it broke, we took it back and they gave us a nice tour while they COMPLETELY rebuilt the pistol. They are all about customer service.

jcwit
01-09-2017, 06:55 PM
I've posted this before, but I live about a half hour from where they are manufactured. My niece bought one and it broke, we took it back and they gave us a nice tour while they COMPLETELY rebuilt the pistol. They are all about customer service.

That they are,Ive talked to them a number of times.

Almost as good as Henry, called Henry a couple of times and guess who answered the phone?? Anthony Imperato himself!

tomme boy
01-10-2017, 01:35 AM
Seen one go full auto this summer when the firing pin broke. Started to double. The guy didn't even notice it. Then it went full auto. He noticed then. So he loaded 3 more mags before the range officer said stop. Firing pin was stuck out and it acted like a slam fire.

w5pv
01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
I had a firing pin to break,called them and they had one in the mail.It arrived within three days.No complaints.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to figure out what we are talking about.
me too..I had to google it.

http://www.sccy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CPX-2_BB_3Q-web.jpg

http://www.sccy.com/product/cpx-2-cb-9mm/

SCCY FIREARMS MISSION

SCCY Firearms [Daytona Beach, Florida ] has a passion to protect its American people with a quality handgun. Every aspect of the firearm is made in-house to ensure it meets every specification and guarantees a superior pistol. SCCY’s technology combined with quality and value has continuously proved that SCCY Firearms is the King of Concealed Carry.

Providing the best customer service in the industry is our top priority and passion. Our perpetual warranty ensures that you will always have the finest SCCY handgun. Your firearm will always be protected to guarantee that you have the highest-quality SCCY handgun. 100% American made by American people.

MapleHill
01-10-2017, 03:45 PM
How are these pistols overall? They are said to be made in the USA and apparently have a great warranty. How do they shoot, function etc?

PS Paul
01-10-2017, 08:01 PM
How are these pistols overall? They are said to be made in the USA and apparently have a great warranty. How do they shoot, function etc?
I hear their firing pins break. Or so I've read. He he

garym1a2
01-10-2017, 09:25 PM
I worry about QC, I like that they are only an hour from me. Their are quit a few gun makers in Florida but they need to get reliabilty up.
I hear their firing pins break. Or so I've read. He he

runfiverun
01-10-2017, 09:52 PM
it looks like a pretty nice little pistol.
maybe they need to bump their price point a little, and work on stuff that matters a bit more.
a reliable lightweight little carry piece at 4-450$ would be a money maker right now.

jcwit
01-10-2017, 09:58 PM
There have been some problems, yes.

But with the both of mine I have fired over 1,000 rd. thru both, without a hick-up of any kind. Course most of the loads were hand loads, not factory ammo.

Wish everyone had the same luck!

tomme boy
01-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Horrible triggers, accurate to about 10 yds. They are a good close up and personal pistol. They used to be really cheap when they first came out. I think I paid $275 for mine. Then I ordered a green laser for it. It never miss fed one time out of about 500 rnds. Just could not get past a bad trigger and horrible accuracy. Got rid of it after about a month. Got rid of it for the same as I had in it.

Lots of cheap pistols out there that are way better. Heck I shot a few High Points that would make you wonder how in the heck is that *** shoot so good. I tell people to look at some of the CZ75 clones that are out there. They are amazingly accurate and fairly cheap

runfiverun
01-11-2017, 01:26 AM
I'm shooting both a CZ-75 and a Para black ops in 9mm.
the CZ's trigger takes some getting used to but it is accurate.
it's not really a carry gun though.

jcwit
01-11-2017, 02:19 AM
They are meant as a self defense pistol not as a target pistol, and this is also the reason for the heavy trigger.

Picked both of mine up for$239 brand new.

Tackleberry41
01-11-2017, 09:32 AM
They are cheap carry guns. I had one for a short time. The ex brought it home, someone had given it to her. It was a functional pistol. Just makes one wonder how hard it is to make a firing pin that doesnt break so easy.

jcwit
01-11-2017, 10:40 AM
I think the word inexpensive is more appropriate!

Value is not always decided upon cost of an item.

Just look at how many people have had problems with a Kimber or a Springfield.

tomme boy
01-11-2017, 12:37 PM
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/eaa-sar-b6p-sarsilmaz-compact-semi-automatic-9mm-38-barrel-131-rounds?a=1875472

This one is really accurate. And IS a good carry gun.

I carried a full sized steel CZ75B for a couple years. And it too was a good carry gun other than heavy.

I can't believe someone would say that the CZ75 is not a good carry gun but would say that a 1911 is a good carry gun. I think the 1911 is a horrible carry gun as the trigger witch is the best out there for a target gun is a complete joke for a carry gun.

B. Lumpkin
01-11-2017, 12:51 PM
The trigger on a 1911 is not a joke for a carry gun. Treat, never, keep, keep.

tomme boy
01-11-2017, 01:22 PM
In a high stress situation you will never feel it. Why do you think John Browning started the Browning High Power? It was going to replace the 1911 as a more safe and better design. But he died before he finished it. The trigger was one of the main changes he made to it.

jcwit
01-11-2017, 01:57 PM
In a high stress situation you will never feel it.

Nor will anyone notice the trigger on the SCCY being 9 lbs.

Screwbolts
01-11-2017, 07:56 PM
There are 7 SCCYs in my family, 6 CPX2s and a CPX1 My son, daughter and I have 2s my youngest brother got a deal on a 1, the other 3, 2s nieces and nephews. Non have ever missed a beat. My personal has over 1000 rounds down the pipe, I think 4 were factory loads.

Ken

Freightman
01-13-2017, 12:24 PM
SCCY industries sent me the fix for my pistol they sent the whole upper assembly barrel , slide , spring , sights , just to fix a broke firing pin. Called them Monday del. this morning

Screwbolts
01-13-2017, 01:54 PM
:Fire:

Beerd
01-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Looks kind of like that other Floridian, Kel-Tec PF-9.

swheeler
01-16-2017, 01:11 PM
Looks like a sicky to me. SCCY:bigsmyl2:

Beerd
01-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Looks like a sicky to me. SCCY:bigsmyl2:

ouch.