PDA

View Full Version : Joined a new pistol club

Freightman
01-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Got tired of cold pistol shooting and joined a new club, now I have two clubs I am a member of. Had to take a safety test, and a shooting test, some other new members did also. the instructor ask us to load five rounds, so I did and then said shoot one round. The man in the last lane emptied his pistol 10 rds.
So much for paying attention, although his gun was functional, but didn't hit the target once. HUMM when it was finished we could stay and shoot if we wanted I shot at 7,15 yds. all in the 10 ring. I felt good about that and also got to keep all the others brass as they don't reload . One man said he had a barrel full of brass and said I could pick it up if I wanted . so I will pay my dues with free brass. PS if you help clean the pit once a month you get to split the lead, not a bad deal.

Geezer in NH
01-07-2017, 06:18 PM
That guy is the one who NEEDS to belong to the club.

wv109323
01-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Cold pistol shooting in Texas. I am in 7 degree weather with a wind chill of 0.

randyrat
01-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Yeah, but you have to remember, in Texas it gets hotter than hell and they can live in that. I know they suffer when there is a cool down.

Fieghtman sounds like good shooting, 7 yards and 15 yards in the ten ring is head shots..Sounds like center fire also, good job.

skeettx
01-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Amarillo, Texas this morning ZERO degrees and wind blowing
BRRRRR

Freightman,welcome to the Texas Panhandle Pistol Club
YEEEE HAWWW

$110 per year, but $25 off if you attend 7 meeting in a year, and another $25 off if you assist in maintenance
night six times in a year, and $25 off if you assist in lead mining six times a year, and you get to split the
lead with the other miners.
So a GREAT deal, and free if you scrounge brass also :)
Does not take much brass to make up $35.

Mike

kingstrider
01-08-2017, 07:30 AM
I wish I could find a club like that that was reasonably priced and close to home. The closest thing I have is a local shop with indoor range. The yearly dues are something like $200 and you can only pick up your brass. I usually drive an hour and shoot for free at a public range where I can scrounge all the brass and lead I want.

Plate plinker
01-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Got tired of cold pistol shooting and joined a new club, now I have two clubs I am a member of. Had to take a safety test, and a shooting test, some other new members did also. the instructor ask us to load five rounds, so I did and then said shoot one round. The man in the last lane emptied his pistol 10 rds.
So much for paying attention, although his gun was functional, but didn't hit the target once. HUMM when it was finished we could stay and shoot if we wanted I shot at 7,15 yds. all in the 10 ring. I felt good about that and also got to keep all the others brass as they don't reload . One man said he had a barrel full of brass and said I could pick it up if I wanted . so I will pay my dues with free brass. PS if you help clean the pit once a month you get to split the lead, not a bad deal.

So you fell into the briar patch hugh? :2_high5:

Alas these freebees are the benefit of living in a highly populated area. I am almost jealous. ALMOST.

labdwakin
01-09-2017, 02:19 AM
That club almost sounds like it'd be worth the 10 hour drive to join, lol. Sounds like a good place, glad you like it!