PDA

View Full Version : CBA members' question

HickoryCreek
11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I was planning on joining the Cast Bullet Association CBA. Was wondering about how many pages their bimonthly publication is. I really won't be able to get into any matches. I only cast, and shoot for the most part, big bore revolvers. Unfortuanate because their are matches within 30 minutes of my house. But, from what I saw the only classification my guns would fit into would be handgun and most people were using weapons that are capable of a lot greater accuracy than a revolver in my opinion.

26Charlie
11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
The Fouling Shot number 177, Sep-OCT 2005, runs 39 pages. They just started running a color picture on the cover - it used to be black&white. The articles are : Hunting mountain goats in Alaska with CB's, Working with Schuetzen rifles, Reaming out seating dies, Getting a Ruger .32 H&R Mag to shoot, Paper patched hunting bullets, Making a gas check expander, The .375 Winchester on Whitetail, Hunting with the .480 Ruger, The .45 Colt on deer, .280 Rem. H&R singleshot, History of the wire-patched bullet, and a few other short articles. Always something of interest, and they will publish articles you send in. Can't go wrong.

drinks
11-03-2005, 10:56 PM
HC;
The CBA is very much worth the money, the publication is very informative, and , unless they have run out, new members get a 100 pg. book that is worth twice the yearly dues.
I am a member and just wish I had found out about it many years ago.
Would have saved me a lot of hard way learning.

HickoryCreek
11-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, they still have the book according to their website.

Junior1942
11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
_The Fouling Shot_ is by far my favorite magazine-like publication. The most useful part of it, at least to me, is the match results in the back wherein each competitor must list his bullet and load and loading procedure. It turned me on to Varget powder, and I'm still hooked on Varget powder.

sundog
11-04-2005, 10:00 AM
I have to agree with Junior on this one. Match results with all that load data is very informative. If you even have a small interest in it, there's a link on their home page to the 2005 National Match results. Interesting. One of these days when I have some time (read 'not long to FINAL retirement') I may even participate in some of the postal matches. sundog

shooter93
11-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Over th years I have found an incredible amout of GOOD and useful information in that small publication. It has more good stuff on cast bullets in one month than most other's will have in a year.

buck1
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I would love to give my opinion but since I joined in july I have only got the book, Nothing else yet! Buck