PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
01-04-2017, 07:50 AM
And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.—Matthew 26:37 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=9732e7702b&e=3dd732485b)Have you ever been extremely lonely? Have you ever had your friends abandon you? Have you ever been misunderstood? If so, then you have a faint idea of what Jesus went through as He agonized in the Garden of Gethsemane.

It has been said that what you don't know won't hurt you. I think there is some truth to that statement. If I had the opportunity to know my entire future from this day forward, I think I would rather not know.

But Jesus, being God, knew everything about His future, down to the finest detail. And He knew He was going to go to a Roman cross to be crucified. He knew that He would be humiliated. He would be beaten. He would go through a horrendous whipping. He knew the great anguish that was ahead.

The Bible says that Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. In the Garden of Gethsemane, we see the great sorrow and grief Jesus went through as He faced His death. I don't think we can even begin to grasp the anguish that Jesus was experiencing at that moment.

We need to remember that, as Hebrews 4:15 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://2) says, "We do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin."

In other words, you are not alone. God knows what you are going through. You don't have a High Priest, speaking of Jesus, who has not faced the challenges you face. The next time you are facing difficulty, the next time you are facing hardship, the next time you feel misunderstood and abandoned, you can know that Jesus has been through it. You have someone who understands you, sympathizes with you, and is there to strengthen you

GhostHawk
01-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Awesome post rl69. Love your stuff, keep on shinin please!

centershot
01-04-2017, 09:40 AM
As GhostHawk said, awesome post! Thank you so very much!!

Boaz
01-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Thank you rl69 !

rl69
01-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Sorry guys I caught a cold last night and im not on my a game today

I went to the chapel and I couldn't find my post

Blackwater
01-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Such a poignant and very true lesson we have today! Shame is something only humans feel. Mark Twain said we were the only ones who NEEDED to! And when we think of what Jesus went through, and how He was tempted even beyond what we will ever know or experience, how can we be anything BUT ashamed of ourselves, and our errors and sin and willfulness? Yet again, we see that the humble are the only ones who CAN receive much of His messages to us. It's "fashionable" today to be self-agrandizing and self-promoting and "proud." But that's NOT what our Lord said we ever needed to be. How truly this lesson makes that so very, very plain. Thanks. Great post.