PDA

View Full Version : Maine Moose Lotter

WickedGoodOutdoors
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Maine Moose Lottery was drawn

I once again did not win for the 9th year in a row!

See if you won at

http://moose.informe.org/

Im still available to Guide for a moose hunting trip

Ranch Dog
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Me either. I've decided I've made my last donation to the Maine Moose fund and will hunt elsewhere for other critters.

redneckdan
06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I didn't win either...then again I guess yer supose to apply for it or something.[smilie=1:

Do they have a weighted system? Michigan throws your name in the hat one extra time for each year in a row you applied and didn't win. Ie, if I applied the last 4 yrs and didn't win, my name would go in the hat 5 times this year.

waksupi
06-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I just checked, and didn't get a bighorn sheep permit again this year. Someday.....

Ranch Dog
06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Do they have a weighted system?

Yeah, it suppose to influence the outcome but it hasn't for me.

I think I will stick with hunting in Texas and turn the money I was giving to the Maine Moose Fund over to the Texas Desert Bighorn Fund.

legend
06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
i used to work on burlington northern railroad,we had an engineer who was a hunter here in wyoming,he would put in for sheep permit and draw it,he would put in for moose and draw it,etc...get the picture?

oh yeah...his name was DICK CHENEY..no relation.

wanna bet who is getting to the top of your lists?

Red River Rick
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I feels sorry for you guys. I just went and picked up my Caribou tags (no draw, 2 tags $145.00), paid for my Elk archery tag (draw, $48.00) and will buy my moose tag over the counter (no draw, $48.00).

Luckily, the only tag I had to submit for was the Elk tag, all the rest can be bought over the counter. Sure makes life easier.

RRR

RugerFan
06-24-2008, 09:10 PM
This thread reminds me that I need to put in for the GA gator drawing by 31 July.:Fire:

Ranch Dog
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I feels sorry for you guys. I just went and picked up my Caribou tags (no draw, 2 tags $145.00), paid for my Elk archery tag (draw, $48.00) and will buy my moose tag over the counter (no draw, $48.00).

Luckily, the only tag I had to submit for was the Elk tag, all the rest can be bought over the counter. Sure makes life easier.

RRR

I here you, that's why I'm going to stick with Texas... whitetails, mule deer, pronghorns, etc., all on the same license.

Maineboy
06-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Maine Moose Lottery was drawn

I once again did not win for the 9th year in a row!

See if you won at

http://moose.informe.org/

Im still available to Guide for a moose hunting trip

Well, I didn't win either. I've applied every year since the lottery began and never been drawn. I've hunted moose twice though, both times as a subpermitee when my stepfather drew a tag.

WickedGoodOutdoors
07-16-2008, 07:51 AM
This thread reminds me that I need to put in for the GA gator drawing by 31 July.:Fire:

Gator Hunt?

Wow. Can a Non Residant put in for a chance?

Ill take you Moose hunting if you take me Gato Hunting? Deal??

Capt Walt