PDA

View Full Version : Pointed tube magazine bullets from Hornady

Finn45
11-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Saw this yesterday in another forum and wondered what's the point (pun):
http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=198

Anyway, Hornady keeps doing something new all the time.

David R
11-03-2005, 06:55 AM
dramatically flatter trajectories for fantastic downrange energy increases and amazing :!:

wills
11-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Rubber Boolits. Ought to be some way to cast your own

Finn45
11-04-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh yes, that's what they told me, must be also wonderfully something and selection of factory offered ammo for the .450Marlin is dramatically doubled! Very good advertising, they make those look very good by putting them on the trajectory table where 100 yards is +3" high. Actual BC's are only about .03... .04 better than standard bullets (.45) and better velocity comes from lighter bullet. After some touting in gun magazines they will sell for sure.

But since at least somebody is shooting cast in veeery long range and high BC wouldn't hurt anything, how about HBC-style spitzer where that long and unsupported nose is partially made of plastic and glued on to the nose maybe using center drilled (or cast) cavity for better alignment and bonding? I'm not very serious, but why not; Lyman has some old glue system where softer core is glued to the harder shell or something like that. Besides, HBC with radically shortened nose might shoot better. Maybe.

No my dear wheel weight supplier, no weights this time thank you, I want those old tires. And please if your wife needs to get rid of some of the older tupperware...
:bigsmyl2:

The Nyack Kid
11-04-2005, 10:43 PM
BUT , how does it preform on game animals . seems to me the dang things would just bounce off of any thing bigger than a ..... cat

9.3X62AL
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I hope no one tries the 45-70 load in a Trapdoor. Much ado about very little, but at least Hornady is "out there" trying new things.

SharpsShooter
11-09-2005, 05:49 PM
I hope no one tries the 45-70 load in a Trapdoor. Much ado about very little, but at least Hornady is "out there" trying new things.

On the trapdoors, I agree totally. Whats next 400gr 45-70 WSSM? I hate to see them spin their advertising and make folks think a silly little flex point will let them out perform the traditional loads.