PDA

View Full Version : "Holster" for iPhone 7+ with Otterbox case

Dale53
12-29-2016, 09:11 PM
I am a first time Smart Phone owner. I have a small problem. My daily carry is a 642 that I carry in a pocket holster. I really don't have an extra pocket for the smart phone. It is large and bulky with the case. I know someone on here has solved that problem. I am open to suggestions. I am a "Certified Old Fart", so be gentle🙄.

Dale53

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-30-2016, 04:56 AM
You should have two front pants pockets, one on each side...

Or, you could start wearing the khaki colored cargo pants with forty-leven pockets.

bedbugbilly
12-30-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm an old fart as well . . ..my suggestion is to leave the smart phone home . . . we got along fine without cell phones for many many years. Just saying . . . . :-)

Dale53
12-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm an old fart as well . . ..my suggestion is to leave the smart phone home . . . we got along fine without cell phones for many many years. Just saying . . . . :-)

Billy;
I got a chuckle out of that. Frankly, that's not all that far off the mark[emoji12].

However, I think I have it solved. I belatedly discovered that I could spin the removable case "clamp" and just clip
It on my belt. It works pretty dern well.

I appreciate the replies.

Dale53

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down South
12-30-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm an old fart as well. I can't leave the phone at home because I'm still working and have to have the dang thing with me all the time. I upgraded to a iPhone 7 Plus a few weeks ago. I bought a fairly rugged case with screen protector off of Amazon and carry it in my back pocket. Works OK for me.

I tried the holsters for the smaller iPhone's. I kept breaking them carrying on my left side. I carry concealed on my right side so no room there. They would wind up getting broken getting in and out of a vehicle. I gave up on holsters.

Bookworm
12-31-2016, 06:59 AM
Keys in LF pocket, smartphone in Otterbox clipped to left side belt. Spyderco knife clipped to lip of RF pocket, IWB carry at 3.30-ish RH side, change and misc in RF pocket also.
Hanky in RR, wallet in LR.

I'm starting to feel like Batman, with a utility belt.

762 shooter
12-31-2016, 08:22 AM
Ditch the case. Been carrying my phone in front left pants pocket for 6 years.

MT Gianni
12-31-2016, 06:43 PM
For a few more months I am a working man. Keys and a knife are in fright front, could be a revolver instead. Under that the cargo pant pocket gets the otter and a pedometer. Left side has cash and coin, bottom cargo pocket gets wallet and flashlight. Rear pockets get 10" crescent and 16" pliers, screwdrivers and whatever else the job takes. Leatherman is on the belt. I guess I could go with an ankle holster.

Down South
12-31-2016, 08:03 PM
The bottom line is, if you are carrying the large iPhone 7 Plus, ditch the idea of a holster. It will cause you more problems than it is worth.
Learn to carry the phone in you front or rear pants pocket without any other objects in that pocket except the phone.
A front shirt pocket works if you don't have to bend over.
I try to avoid that since I live on a lake.