PDA

View Full Version : tulammo and their steel cases

Oklahoma Rebel
12-29-2016, 11:07 AM
are they reloadable? I wasn't sure where to put this thread since it isn't cast. anyways about to buy some, just wondering if I could reload those, otherwise I will have to pay the same amount for 100 of thos as 20 of Winchesters hunting rounds, oh they are 7.62x39

Oklahoma Rebel
12-29-2016, 11:10 AM
nevermind, I just saw they were berdan thanks anyways

Mytmousemalibu
12-29-2016, 11:14 AM
I've reloaded steel case to see if I could. Not worth it IMHO. Better off buying some PPU brass. If its berdan primed which it probably is, you have even more work ahead. Either find the unobtainable berdan primers or convert to boxer primed and then our boxer primers might not fit properly. Its easy to get steel case stuck in your dies too.

Tackleberry41
12-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Just buy some brass. I bought 100 of them, made up some good hunting ammo. Not like you burn thru em.

trebor44
12-29-2016, 04:39 PM
I have reloaded steel case, both rifle and pistol just for the experience. Note that .223/5.56 steel case is usually boxer primed and not difficult to reload. Pistol cases can be either hence the need for a universal deprime die. Brass, as suggested by many is the way to go, but beware there is some berdan primed brass out there. Ask me how I know! Since I don't shoot in large volumes of .223 etc (less than a 1K per session) I do a separate deprime before I size or anneal. My choice but it works for me. There is a lot of steel case once fired out there but brass cases can also be easily found for reloading, once fired or new.