PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Can Wait

NVcurmudgeon
06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I was beaking in a new mould today in my garage, which has its north side car door and south side man doors perfectly aligned with the Washoe Zephyr. As I looked to my right I saw sagebrush covered hills. To my left, I saw my dog contendedly sleeping on his favorite rug, and the little lawn tractor which makes keeping up this place a lot easier. The radio was tuned to my favorite C&W station, KBUL 98.1 FM, and at one point played "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "I'm Still a Guy" back to back. The new mould is Onceabull's Lyman 266469 and after a little jiggling of temperatue and filling technique turned out 100% good bullets. It just doesn't get any better.

mike in co
06-21-2008, 07:01 PM
the only error was the radio station......rockin n roll so i can rock and roll at the casting pot......

pots on, just back from a rifle match with 6 classes...and i shot in all six !

mike in co

runfiverun
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
wow you guys have choices in radio stations.
wait..... so do i the a.m. station and the f.m. station doug mathis on am and mark mathis on fm, in the morning. then doug on fm , and mark on am, in the afternoon..

Blammer
06-21-2008, 08:49 PM
there is always an album you can put on.

Alchemist
06-21-2008, 08:55 PM
there is always an album you can put on.

Hey DJ...there are these newfangled things called compact discs...some folks just call 'em CDs....

curmudgeon...you lucky skunk...I got to work today! But I'm glad somebody got to make a few boolits. Sometimes a fella gets lucky....

Ricochet
06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Not to mention iPods. I've casted with mine on. 4 GB of my favorite music, I could cast for 2-3 days without repeating any.

timkelley
06-21-2008, 09:17 PM
No radio station at all in the canyon of the Little Salmon River.

MT Gianni
06-21-2008, 10:25 PM
wow you guys have choices in radio stations.
wait..... so do i the a.m. station and the f.m. station doug mathis on am and mark mathis on fm, in the morning. then doug on fm , and mark on am, in the afternoon..

Glad to hear that "Radio Free-Soda" is still on the air. Wasn't it about 760 AM? Used to get some FM stations on the repeater at Grace from SLC & Pocatello. Gianni

onceabull
06-21-2008, 11:10 PM
noclue: I think I could learn to do without radio if I could live in that canyon..(assuming you are at least 4 furlongs So.of metropolitan Riggins)...[smilie=w:Onceabull

monadnock#5
06-22-2008, 08:07 AM
I like rockabilly, and take the best from both worlds. ZZ Top, Commander Cody, Asleep At The Wheel, New Riders... Oh, and plus 1 for Itunes for making up play lists, and an Ipod set on shuffle. Life is good.

Bret4207
06-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Marty Robbins, Ian Tyson, Burl Ives, The Kingston Trio, kd lang, Eddy Arnold, Sam Cooke, The Drifters, Clannard, Enya, Roy Rogers, Tom Petty, Boston, The Bay City Rollers, The Beach Boys, Etta James, Chris Issack, Hank Snow, Pure Prarie League, The Bee Gees ...... Gotta be thankful for recorded music!

10-x
06-22-2008, 06:34 PM
So right...we took 2 of our Grandkids (6 &11)to see the Beach Boys a few months ago. Last time I saw them was 67 or 68? Think only 2 original members are left.
They played all the good old songs, many memories of Va. Beach, Sandbridge and Nags Head came back......those were the days.:-D
I told them to remember this cause when they are our age (57) and they're sitting around talking to friends they can say "I saw the Beach Boys!":drinks:

Sprue
06-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Surely some of youins have a computer in the reloading room/garage/shack etc...

I'm listening to one of my favorite stations now via the computer, as is always the case if I want to listen to some tunes, news etc..

Wanna know what I listen to:

http://www.1073kaz.com

or

http://www.b97fm.com

But, for the most part I prefer "quietness".

runfiverun
06-22-2008, 08:29 PM
gianni it's 790 on the a.m.
once in a while i can get other stations if it's cloudy and the wind is just right
and if i am on the second floor. and hold my left arm just so,and i park the truck at the end of the driveway...

MT Gianni
06-22-2008, 10:46 PM
runfiverun, at this moment my wife is in stitches. Thanks for the appropriate description and memories. Gianni

7 MM
06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Brett,
I agree with all of them except KD Lang. Can't stand her politics

7 MM

timkelley
06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Onceabull, I have forgotten what distance a furlong is but I'm almost six miles south of the booming metropolis. I'm just south of the rest stop.

dragonrider
06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Of the list That Bret posted, I have listened to most and some I don't care for, others are ok but Enya is absolutely The best there is. I listen to three styles of music, in this order, Enya, Country, and Classical.

onceabull
06-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Tim K. --So you are likely on the west side of the little river.eh ?? and far enough down the canyon to raise a fine summer garden if you like.. We find ourselves stuck in the great state of Ada,as a result of not escaping prior to the onset of the medical conditions that present major obstacles to moving now. Expect to pass by your place shortly prior to the blue grouse opener, as that date is customarily spent near the DeVeny family's summer cow camp..(aka "Saddle camp" on the divide twixt Bridge Cr. & S.Fork Shingle Cr.)First effort to make up elk camp cache,and enjoy some fine eating ,too.. :) Onceabull :)