PDA

View Full Version : ? for NOE Push Thru Sizer Owners

Themoose
12-22-2016, 03:36 PM
I like the flexibility that the NOE sizers present, but I am concerned about how I would lube my sized bullets. I currently use two Lyman Lubesizers to size and lube my bullets. I have never lubed bullets in any other manner except for years ago, I lubed 45-70 bullets by setting them in a pan of lube and cutting them out before loading.

runfiverun
12-22-2016, 08:50 PM
well it's just a sizer.
you either pan lube, tumble lube, or hand lube.
then size.

Themoose
12-22-2016, 10:21 PM
I know that it is just a sizer. I was interested in learning if there were any issues with a particular lube process and the NOE sizing dies and bushings... like buildup of excess lube in die or bushing, difficulty with operation with lube on hands, etc... just looking for some folks experience...

Taterhead
12-23-2016, 12:37 AM
I use mine for coated bullets, but don't see how other lubes would cause an issue with buildup. The bushing itself would likely be self cleaning as each successive bullet passes through. The rest of the die might get dirty, but they come apart for relatively easy cleaning.

silverjay
12-23-2016, 02:49 AM
I use mine for PC boolits as well. A little lube every so often and no other issues.

minmax
12-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks, for all of the tips. Just got mine, was planning to PC from the very start though.

Themoose
12-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Thanks to all for your input... guess I'll do some checking on coating bullets... not sure how involved this would be.. may just need to keep what I'm doing and order extra sizing dies.. but worth an investigation and something to keep me thinking after hunting season. Merry Christmas to all...

Kindest regards,

TheMoose

MUSTANG
12-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Using my NOW sizers to size boolits before paper patching so the lube issue has not arisen for my application. My thoughts are if I were using the NOE dies to size (given I can generally buy inserts in 0.001 increments; I would try running the boo lit through one of my Lyman Lube/Sizers afterward to put lube in the grooves.

I see the NOE Sizers as a specialized die set. Great for sizing nose riding section without sizing bases. Bases can then be sized to a different dimension.

If I ever try the HF Red PC on rifle boolits again; I'll probably use the NOE dies to size the nose and the bases to appropriate dimensions for each.

Echd
12-27-2016, 01:32 PM
I find the NOE sizers to require a fair bit more force than the lee sizers (less leverage due to where the sizing bushing is relative to the press and ram) but I just give the bullets a quick shot of lanolin spray and it's no big deal.

I trust the NOE sizers to be more accurate than Lees, and not having to fix them myself is a big plus. And after a handful they are cheaper, too, than buying a $20 lee kit for every size you need.

MUSTANG
12-27-2016, 08:18 PM
I find the NOE sizers to require a fair bit more force than the lee sizers (less leverage due to where the sizing bushing is relative to the press and ram) but I just give the bullets a quick shot of lanolin spray and it's no big deal.

I trust the NOE sizers to be more accurate than Lees, and not having to fix them myself is a big plus. And after a handful they are cheaper, too, than buying a $20 lee kit for every size you need.

I guess I Cheat a little. I use my Corbin Swage Press with my NOE Sizer Dies; works like butter given the greater leverage.