PDA

View Full Version : 9mm .356 in Lone Wolf, Storm Lake or KKM?

taymag
12-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Heard Lone Wolf and Storm Lake have a short throat for .356 9mm and just wanted to check what you guys think.

KKM is said to have a more forgiving amount of room.

I just don't want to have to use the FCD and don't want to load shorter than 1.100 which is what I see people saying

garym1a2
12-22-2016, 10:42 AM
My lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel (G22) is tighter than my Lone Wolf G35 (9mm barrel) My KKM barrel in my G35 is in 40SW and I have not compared it with my storm lake 40 barrel as the ammo I make for the storm lake works for the KKM. I just use the tightest barrels I have as a chamber guide.

Heard Lone Wolf and Storm Lake have a short throat for .356 9mm and just wanted to check what you guys think.

KKM is said to have a more forgiving amount of room.

I just don't want to have to use the FCD and don't want to load shorter than 1.100 which is what I see people saying

runfiverun
12-22-2016, 12:00 PM
you can get those throats fixed easy enough.
DougGuy just fixed a pair for BTroj and it was like 75 bucks for the pair and quick turn around time.
many times your short oal is because of a lack of any throat in the barrel.
they just go from chamber to rifling and this jams up the nose.
cut that offending rifling away in a tapered angle and you can run just about any reasonable oal you wish with about any nose shape you want that will fit the magazine.