PDA

View Full Version : Lube recipies for hard lube

Jim Thompson
06-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Anyone experimented in making hard lubes that you need a heater to apply? Similar to Red Rooster or Orange magic?

felix
06-21-2008, 12:40 PM
No, because hard lubes are too temperamental. ... felix

azrednek
06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
No, because hard lubes are too temperamental. ... felix

No doubt about that at all, "temperamental" is saying it politely, a real pain in the donkey is my polite version of describing it. With that said I would still like to see some hard lube recipes that shoot equally as well in either hot or cold climates and has a long shelf life.

Living in Phoenix I've had my share of problems with soft lubes, first due to rookie's ignorance and then forgetfulness. Lately I've been using Jake's Red that I got on Ebay. It has been a real pain at times to use, but so far (knock on wood) I haven't left any loaded ammo in my car's trunk to long, or rode to the range with the ammo on my pick-up's dashboard or forget to move them into the shade as the sun and shade line moves.

A soft, very manageable, low (or no) smoke, non-sticky lube with a melting point of say 175-190 degrees would be nice if such a thing exists. Of coarse myself being an extreme cheapskate I'd like to buy it for about a nickel a tube!!

runfiverun
06-21-2008, 08:44 PM
call jake's and get his purple ceresin.
you can find him on the evil-bay.
lars has a couple of harder lubes also, he is easier to find just scroll to the bottom of this page.

jhilde
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey guys you can all get Jake's Lubes on the web now.. no more need for Evil bay.. I also have some specials and free sticks.. Check it out at www.jakesproducts.com....
Thanks
Jeffrey Hilde
Owner
Jake's Products Company