PDA

View Full Version : Mission accomplished!!!!

nagantguy
12-18-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm not talking about good works or looking for any praise or reward, through a local adopt a family we got some holiday things for a local family in need, ( real need not handout lifetime on the dole type) the little girl wanted a the hot new toy, as they all do hence it being the hot toy for the holidays shopping season! It proved very hard to find, but I had some great people help me out, my brother sister and wife scoured the state, clerks in stores checked for us several times, offering ideas rain checks and competing products! My own girls whom always make me proud offered on their own accord to for go gifts and pitch in money to help! We were blessed this year and no one will have to go without, anyhow this afternoon a lady whom I'd never met called me, she was returning the very thing my mission was to find, seems two family members bought duplicate gifts a very nice very sweet young clerk at one of the local stores told the lady that we'd been searching high and low for one, the lady asked for my number, the young clerk didn't want to give it out but called me and put the lady on the phone, she held off on her return until I arrived, bought it from her for full price though she was willing to take a lose on it, she offered to give it, I told her to use the money to do something special with her granddaughter ! I love looking diving and finding happiness d to find things like magazines for an old MAB .25 auto so this was a lot of fun and I didn't succumb to paying scalpers prices on line! People helped out, everyone was nice my girls once again showed heart and character!

WILCO
12-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Kudos!

TXGunNut
12-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Good job!

shoot-n-lead
12-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Good job!

MrWolf
12-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Very nice!

Blackwater
12-18-2016, 08:06 PM
NG, do you realize how greatly this reflects on YOU? I know you're not posting this for any kudos, but still, that your girls would do what they did in giving up their own gifts, to help another in need and want, is the highest honor that could befall you, my friend. You've done SO well with those girls! My best to you and all yours at this merry season. You and they have made it a LOT merrier for some who obviously had little reason to look forward to such a boon. May the Lord reward you for the wonderful job you've done with your daughters, and for others in need.

Most folks have forgotten the true "Joy" of giving, and look only to receive at this time of year. God bless you sir, and all your loved ones.

DCM
12-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Brings a tear of joy to these sadly hardened eyes to read this!

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-10-2017, 03:24 PM
what a great Christmas story

Thumbcocker
01-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Following the example of a Jewish carpenter is a good thing.