PDA

View Full Version : a trivia question

johnson1942
12-16-2016, 09:24 PM
i have a trivia question for you all. my son is in law enforcement in the oil fields of n.dak. he has 12 officers under him. its a zoo up their. workers from all over the US are up their. what state would you all say is the most most dangerous one for his officers to deal with. he said every one from all over were not hard to deal with except for one state. that state they deal with in extreme caution. what state is that? when some one says it i with say they are right.

pressonregardless
12-16-2016, 09:48 PM
No idea really but kinda' curious about your son's opinion.

Tom W.
12-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Louisiana?

Nueces
12-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Would not surprise me to hear it was Texas.

Cowboy_Dan
12-16-2016, 10:13 PM
The State of Intoxication?

StolzerandSons
12-16-2016, 10:15 PM
A drug and/or alcohol induced state.

JWT
12-16-2016, 10:35 PM
California?

tigweldit
12-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Alaska?

johnson1942
12-16-2016, 10:59 PM
he said texas people were the nice ones. being drunk can change every thing but their is a state they are very very careful with. keep going.

therealhitman
12-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Illinois.

patrick_ford
12-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Probably the ones in the state of North Dakota.

Bzcraig
12-16-2016, 11:24 PM
New York?

M-Tecs
12-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Probably the ones in the state of North Dakota.

North Dakota did not have a murder from the mid 1930's until the early 70's. ND also had one of the lowest crime rates in the US.

runfiverun
12-16-2016, 11:32 PM
North Dakota had a bunch of Indians sitting on the water spring shutting down operations until a suit case full of money showed up one winter.

Arizona.

johnson1942
12-16-2016, 11:40 PM
before this goes nuts i will tell every one what state they deal with with extreme caution. IDAHO. my son teaches his officers to use every thing they were ever taught and use extreme caution when they pull over a idaho plates. they are all packing and have no regard for the law at all. all other states he has had no trouble with any more than the locals. again he said texas people were the best of the out of state workers.

Minerat
12-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Oklahoma?

patrick_ford
12-16-2016, 11:48 PM
Regardless, your son only deals with folks in North Dakota, thus all of the worst people he deals with are in North Dakota, no matter what state they are from.

smoked turkey
12-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Lord I pray a hedge of protection around all law enforcement officials that are dealing with this incident in ND. Please give them discernment and wisdom in dealing with those involved. Amen.
My son is a local State Policeman so I know the concern and feelings you have for your son at the moment. It is something we live with here every day. I can only imagine how it must be for you and your family at this time.

runfiverun
12-17-2016, 01:11 AM
you forgot about the part where they drove their selves over there gratis hoping for some shooting to break out.

but you got the part about them all packing a gun and not liking the law so much correct.
Montana is quite similar, and Wyoming isn't that far away except the sheriffs dept. there encourages people to carry.

MaLar
12-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Idaho that comes as a shock being an Idaho boy. I'm from SE Idaho and the folks here are pretty friendly.

NavyVet1959
12-17-2016, 04:04 AM
Figured it couldn't be Texas since we know we're better than everyone else, so it allows us to be more easy going ... and humble... Besides, they would be too busy trying to find some mesquite so that they could BBQ something and wouldn't have time to get in trouble. :)

Couldn't be Oklahoma either since ... well ... they're just a northern suburb of Dallas. :)

mewachee
12-17-2016, 06:00 AM
Could it be that we (I am from SE Idaho) are use to being free. We have less restrictive laws, and considerably less law enforcement. We tend to leave others alone, and expect to be left alone as well. I will say that the guys I know from here that work there are on the rougher around the edges side. A few years ago, I heard on the radio a study that said that Idaho has the least considerate drivers. With all this said, whenever someone comes to visit, they comment on how kind and respectful our youth are and people in general.

I do carry most days. The last time I was pulled over, I handed the officer my permit along with my license. He then passed my permit back to me, and didn't ask another question about guns. He told me to fix my broken head light and sent me on my way. When we are elsewhere, they ask us where our firearm is and sometimes ask to see it. Not me, but a couple guys I know and stories I have heard. We don't like to be treated like we are guilty first until proven innocent. Lastly, we like and respect the blue.

johnson1942
12-17-2016, 10:43 AM
i want to thank the idaho replys for not being hard on me. mewachee, you are 100 percent correct that in idaho you probably feel more free than anywheres else on this earth. im sure you are all nice guys, you just dont like being messed with as you are not used to it. when you go out to other states your out of your element and it may be hard to adapt to other states ways. as far as the natives up their, the standing rock natives are not the ones pushing the law to react, it is the out of state natives who are doing that.it keeps the whole thing from focusing on what the problem was in the first place. as long as out of state natives are up their it may or may not get ugly. the standing rock people just want to be heard and talked with about their concerns. its so cold up their now i dont see how anyone can do anything out their. thanks every one for your input.

Nueces
12-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Figured it couldn't be Texas since we know we're better than everyone else, so it allows us to be more easy going ... and humble... Besides, they would be too busy trying to find some mesquite so that they could BBQ something and wouldn't have time to get in trouble. :)

My idea is that any Texan who leaves for parts north, other than Alaska, is likely to be carrying a bad mood. :mrgreen:

William Yanda
12-17-2016, 12:43 PM
When I used to visit Fort "Lost in the Woods" regularly, I once heard an account, told for the truth, of some guys skinny dipping in a remote area. A black pick up pulled up and the occupants proceeded to shoot at the skinny dippers. The teller claimed that when they shot back, the first shooters left hurriedly. Seemed like a tall tale at the time.

MT Gianni
12-17-2016, 12:46 PM
I spent ten years in Idaho several of them as a Search and Rescue member and Class 2 LEO all volunteer and secondary to my main occupation. My info is dated, but does show interaction with several agencies. Most Idaho LEO's from the 80's knew there would be a gun in the truck, treated people with respect but caution. Bullies and browbeaters were not encouraged to continue in police work. That has not been the case in other states I have lived in or been pulled over or ticketed in. I was last warned in Idaho in the early 00's and found it to be the same. Perhaps the badge heavy enforcement of other areas may have something to do with it. I have two BIL's in law enforcement and see a lot of them vs us in their stories.

WILCO
12-17-2016, 02:19 PM
IDAHO.

Never would've guessed that.

rockrat
12-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Texas= Baja Oklahoma[smilie=1:

Let the flaming start!!!

runfiverun
12-17-2016, 03:43 PM
when I watched the news report about the protestors needing rescued I laughed out loud.
it was just another day in No-Dak.
if we would have complained about the drinking water being frozen we would have been laughed at and told to plan ahead better.
at least they had tents to huddle in we just got to work In whatever weather come.
tornadoes merely slowed things down, rain made mud, ice [road closures] meant take another road, 50 below plus a wind chill was cold but we had equipment to keep running.

Hardcast416taylor
12-17-2016, 04:07 PM
My neighbor`s Son is a heavy equipment operator and crew boss in that N. Dak oil field. He lives in a thrown up trailer park in Mont. since there is nothing closer. He has said those `tin can towns` are rough and tumble places, especially after pay day. The crews are being pared down to the point of perhaps 6 men to a crew. The Son is throwing in the towel about that place and returning to Mich. this Spring after being there 5 years.Robert

johnson1942
12-17-2016, 07:17 PM
by the way, the oil is starting to boom again in n.dak. for several reasons but they expect a upward swing way passed the last peak. if you can handle the country their is money to be made up their. my wife is from bismark n.dak area. her graduating class was around 40 students. the guy in her class who was the least likely to make it in the real world is now so rich he cant count his money and getting richer every day. he bought a truck to move crude oil from the pump to where ever it goes. got a contract and now has many many trucks and still buying more. he is the american dream and earned every penny of it. they tried to do a story on him up their but he said, no way, i dont want every one to know how much money i have and how i made it. the boom is starting again up their and he is still growing with it. its a harsh country up their but the gold is their and it is black and gooey.

johnson1942
12-17-2016, 07:18 PM
by the way, the oil is starting to boom again in n.dak. for several reasons but they expect a upward swing way passed the last peak. if you can handle the country their is money to be made up their. my wife is from bismark n.dak area. her graduating class was around 40 students. the guy in her class who was the least likely to make it in the real world is now so rich he cant count his money and getting richer every day. he bought a truck to move crude oil from the pump to where ever it goes. got a contract and now has many many trucks and still buying more. he is the american dream and earned every penny of it. they tried to do a story on him up their but he said, no way, i dont want every one to know how much money i have and how i made it. the boom is starting again up their and he is still growing with it. its a harsh country up their but the gold is their and it is black and gooey. 

johnson1942
12-17-2016, 07:19 PM
i have no idea how the goofy letters got on the end of what i wrote, i guess the computer is trying to talk, ITS ALIVE.

NavyVet1959
12-17-2016, 07:30 PM
i have no idea how the goofy letters got on the end of what i wrote, i guess the computer is trying to talk, ITS ALIVE.

Well, it *is* possible to go back and edit your previous posts to correct things like that... and things like using "their" when you mean "there"... :)

The " " is an HTML thing that is for spacing when you are coding raw HTML. Did you perhaps copy and paste part of your post from somewhere else?

XDROB
12-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Connecticut

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

johnson1942
12-18-2016, 11:47 AM
navyvet1959, i do things like that for fun to troll for the anal people like you, got ya. you always light up a party, dont you.

NavyVet1959
12-19-2016, 01:10 AM
navyvet1959, i do things like that for fun to troll for the anal people like you, got ya. you always light up a party, dont you.

So, the choices are that you are:

1. Careless
2. Ignorant
3. A troll

???

I suspect that you are claiming to be #3 to avoid being classified as #1 or #2. I'm thinking that is is not #3 since if it had been, you would not have been complaining about the HTML characters at the end of that post in your next post and would have known that you could have gone back and removed them.

I think you should have just blamed it on the cold weather and your keys being frozen. :)