PDA

View Full Version : 30-30 reamer print

ray h
12-15-2016, 10:12 AM
I want to build a 30-30. I'm using a current made control feed Mod 70 and have a 10 tw Lilja HV contour barrel. Still looking for a trigger since the Jewell doesn't fit the new M-70 I've been told. Most of the reamer prints I've seen for the 30-30 have overly large dimensions for the base and neck diameters compared to the dimensions of the brass itself. I'm also really interested in the leade dia , length and angle people are using for target accuracy. Has anyone ever reamed a push in/out bullet sizer die with a throating reamer the same angle as in the rifle's throat? If anyone has a reamer print to share I'd appreciate it. Thanks

lightman
12-15-2016, 10:59 AM
With any reamer my advice is to call Pacific Tool and Gauge and talk with Dave Kiff. He is the owner and is a warehouse of information. He can recommend dimensions and e-mail any prints that you are interested in.

gpb
12-15-2016, 11:29 AM
A couple of years ago I put together a bolt action 30 Remington. The 30 Remington is basically a rimless 30-30. Since most 30 Remingtons are semi-autos or pump action the chambers seem a little looser than a typical bolt action. Also, I was planning on shooting cast bullets and wanted to make sure the chamber was correctly balanced between being tighter for accuracy and with enough neck room for cast bullets.

I called Dave Manson at Manson reamers and discussed it with him. I also sent him some dummy rounds loaded with the cast bullets I intended to use. He custom ground a reamer to fit the loaded rounds and intended usage. My experience with Manson was good.

https://mansonreamers.com/