PDA

View Full Version : NYer's- CASTLE DOCTRINE INTRODUCED!!!

Bret4207
06-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Contact your Senator and support S07200!!!!

www.stopguncontrol.com

SENATE

March 18, 2008

Introduced by Sen. AUBERTINE -- read twice and ordered printed, and when
printed to be committed to the Committee on Codes

AN ACT to amend the penal law, in relation to the commission of criminal
trespass in the first degree

The People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assem-
bly, do enact as follows:

1 Section 1. Subdivision 2 of section 35.20 of the penal law, as amended
2 by chapter 511 of the laws of 2004, is amended to read as follows:
3 2. A person in possession or control of any premises, or a person
4 licensed or privileged to be thereon or therein, may use physical force
5 upon another person when he or she reasonably believes such to be neces-
6 sary to prevent or terminate what he or she reasonably believes to be
7 the commission or attempted commission by such other person of a crimi-
8 nal trespass upon such premises. Such person may use any degree of phys-
9 ical force, other than deadly physical force, which he or she reasonably
10 believes to be necessary for such purpose, and may use deadly physical
11 force in order to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted
12 commission of arson, as prescribed in subdivision one, or in the course
13 of a burglary or attempted burglary, as prescribed in subdivision three,
14 or in the course of criminal trespass in the first degree or attempted
15 criminal trespass in the first degree.
16 § 2. This act shall take effect immediately.

Blammer
06-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Yea!

Bret4207
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Make sure you let your friends and family know! Spread the word. It'll die if we don't DEMAND this common sense law.

MtGun44
06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't have any idea of the politics of the issue in NY - well, given the
history, I can guess, but - in KS we got our castle doctrine by attaching
about 1 paragraph to a boring bill that was updating a lot of $ values in
classifying juvenile crime. About 200-300 pages of ultra boring stuff that
was totally uncontroversial with 1 paragraph of gold.

Passed without controversy, anti-gun lib Demo gov signed it without comment.

We were amazed, since it took us about 12 yrs of really hard work to get
our CCW bill passed.

I have no idea if this could work for you - but it might be worth a try.

Bill

JIMinPHX
06-21-2008, 08:42 PM
According to a lawyer friend of mine who works as a prosecutor in NYC, that place has always been pretty good about allowing a person to use force to protect themselves or their property. It’s just the gun laws that have been insanely draconian.

Bret4207
06-22-2008, 08:50 AM
As with most other States NY's problem is professional politicians who are so incredibly out of touch with reality that it boggles the mind. The added problem of the Greater NYC/LI area vs "Upstate" vs Northern/Central/Western NY complicates it further. Places like Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo have huge gang and crime problems. NYC/LI has it's crime "documented" on re-run after re-run of various TV shows. We know the issues, they're same every where give or take. And it's the same type of mindset blocking common sense action by legislative bodies across the nation.

Too bad they don't make a pill to cure stupid....

square butte
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
We call that kind of stupid " Terminal Ignorance "

JIMinPHX
06-22-2008, 12:48 PM
We call that kind of stupid " Terminal Ignorance "

I thought that it was called “politics” from the Latin “poli” meaning many & “tics” meaning small blood-sucking creatures.

;)

dakotashooter2
06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
The problem is they plan on taking all your guns/weapons away so it will pretty much be pointless.

BOOM BOOM
06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
HI,
I agree that politicians & most (not all) UPPER level law enforcement (READ POLITICIAN) do want to take away guns.
But there are other means in the home you could use to stop an invasion of your castle. Swords, bats, karate, jujitsu, all being a lesser effective & much harder to use means.
But the PTB want the common man to be at a disadvantage, so it is easier for them to maintain there power & keep us dependent.
I say this as a former peace officer.

REDTAIL
09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
As long as the people here in NYS keep voting in the bleeding hearts liberals for senator's like Hillary & C shummer we will never get a castle doctrine to fly here in NYS

Bret4207
09-16-2008, 05:55 AM
Redtail, Hilldabeast and Chucky are US Senators, they don't do State law. It's your local Represetative and State Senator that vote on this stuff.

I'm with ya on canning Hillary and Chucky. Problem is the Repubs we get are just as corrupt as the Dems!

crowbeaner
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I dunno Bret; Pat Ritchie is my cousin. She ran against Aubertine when he first ran for the assembly. She's as honest as the year is long. She's progun, I hunt every year with her brother and dad, she would have made a great addition to Albany. And, like me, she's GOP.

Bret4207
09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
CB- I was referring more to the long term politicians on the Repub side like Joe Bruno. He's as bad as Silver. Patty is a very nice lady and has done a wonderful job as County Clerk, and while I mean no offense to you or her, there is the problem- she's too nice. She just doesn't come across as having the "killer instinct" to deal with the downstate sharks in the Assy. Had the St Law Co Republicans gone for Dave Renzi instead of going for Patty then Aubertine never would have gotten the Assy seat and wouldn't be in the Senators seat now. Renzi is running against Aubertine now and I hope he wins. A Democrat majority in the Senate would spell almost certain disaster for many of our rights.

crowbeaner
09-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, she gets that from her mom. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. We appreciate the flowers though. Let's hope for November to keep things going our way. I don't see Aubertine having any clout to make castle doctrine law anyway. It looks good on paper, but the legislation will die because that partisan hatemonger from Manhattan will never let it get to the floor. It's just another political ploy to get him re-elected; he wants to look like he's really doing something.

Bret4207
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
The NY Senate and House need a thorough flushing. The corruption in Albany is disgusting.