PDA

View Full Version : Right under my nose

frkelly74
12-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Our neighbor across the street is moving out and going to North Carolina where he has enough property to shoot on without the neighbors calling the cops. I have talked to him 3 times in the 2 1/2 years we have lived here. He came over to ask if I could use some scrap lumber that he had sitting around. I said sure and he and I carried it over here and I asked if he had any lead he wanted to get rid of. He said no but wanted to know what I wanted lead for so I told him Bullets. So it turns out he was a competitive shooter 10 years ago, when the space program still had a private range and held matches. He has a Kimber tricked out and did load his own ammo but bought his bullets to load. I am kicking myself now for not getting to know this fellow shooter better and now it is too late. blea!

osteodoc08
12-08-2016, 01:36 PM
It happens that way sometimes. Never too late to start a friendship, however.

Its good to know your neighbors, be it good or bad. My neighbors know me but only one we discuss gun things and hunting. But I know my neighbors are good people.

wingspar
12-09-2016, 11:03 PM
My neighbor on one side of me bought the house a couple of years ago. He was born here and lived here all his life, so I assumed he was into guns. We’d chat for a few minutes once every few months or so until we got into a conversation about guns last summer. He pulled out his .308 and I went and got my .308. Both bolt guns. We also discovered that we both reload. We plan on going shooting one of these days. It’s nice having a neighbor like that.

mold maker
12-10-2016, 06:34 PM
I have a Hillery supporter for a neighbor, he also is employed by the city. I know he's against the 2nd. Good thing my Son and Daughter have homes behind and on the other side. It pays to keep the enemy outnumbered.
I can't even melt /WWs when he's at home, but I'm retired and know his schedule.