PDA

View Full Version : Traveling BC HWY 97

Cariboo
12-05-2016, 06:20 PM
If you are traveling this Hwy, not driving a big rig and do not need to stop in Williams Lake you can reduce your travel time by 15 to 20 min.
If heading north turn right towards Likely/Horsefly, about 3 miles go left towards Likely, about 3 miles in a curve to your right go left onto Mountain house rd, about 3 miles turn left on West coast rd, about 2 miles turn right back onto HWY 97.
If headed south do not turn left unto mountain house rd from HWY 97 where the signs say turn for Likely/Horsefly continue to west coast rd, FastGas is about 2 blocks south of where you want to turn continue in reverse of heading N
save travels

starmac
12-05-2016, 06:43 PM
That must cut off some miles, because I never noticed it taking too long to get through williams lake, leastwise since their is no scales there anymore.. lol

The scale man did rook me out of 160 bucks there the first time I ever traveled it. I proved him wrong before I left, but he didn't offer to give my money back, just told me I would know better next time. lol

Cariboo
12-06-2016, 10:23 PM
It's the same about distance from 150 Mile House to Wildwood or WIlliams Lake. Starmac you sound like you met fast Ed.
You could always stop here for a coffee, but that more than use up the twenty minutes you save.

starmac
12-07-2016, 01:39 AM
I do not remember his name, but what I thought was odd and I will never forget is that he was originally from TEXAS of all places. lol
It was not just Williams lake, that whole first trip to Alaska was an educational experience, and a costly one at that. The scaleman coming into Alaska actually got to me the worst, makeing BC look cheap. lol

bearcove
12-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Ha HA! love the texas part. I'm guilty of that my wife is from there, its a price I pay. But they do grow some nice looking ones there, thats what got me.

starmac
12-08-2016, 06:38 PM
I just thought it odd that a diesel cop in BC was from Texas. lol
The funnt part was when I went in the scalehouse, he was in a pretty heated conversation with a driver that had a diaper on his head. It got heated enough that he kept telling him to keep his hands on the counter (fairly loud if you know what I mean) where he could see them.
While I thought this was funny, I figured this diaper headed clown was rileing him up to where he would be a bear for me to deal with, not so, he calmed right down as soon as that guy left and put the screws to me in a real nice proffessional manner. lol