PDA

View Full Version : Cast bullet association??

Fernando
12-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Mods move this to where it should be if you have a more appropriate spot.

Anyone else frequent that board???
They really made a mistake with what I guess is an update??
Thoughts?
Looks like this will be the last man standing.

Maven
12-05-2016, 09:47 AM
We're not alone in our dislike of the new CBA Forum format, Fernando. However, the old format allowed the forum to be hacked much too often. One can only hope the new version eliminates that problem.

dverna
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I was going to join but found their site pretty sad.

This is a good forum and I visit "the other" forum occasionally.

Don Verna

lightman
12-05-2016, 10:22 AM
I drop in over there occasionally to browse but never joined. It seemed like there was not much activity. The format sure is different now!

Fernando
12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
I was going to shoot sanctioned matches - you usually have to join an organization
to compete in their events.
I tried to start a new thread there but for the life of me I can't figure out how??
But then again I'm doin good to do e-mail.
For the hacking can't you just update the firewall or whatever it's called??

rockrat
12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Used to go there quite often, but after a "put-down" of this forum over there, years ago, I seldom go there. Still a member, but just barely

Ithaca Gunner
12-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Yup, they changed things all right. I'm a member, but seldom go to the forum, I do enjoy their magazine though.

runfiverun
12-05-2016, 01:26 PM
David and John are trying to re-vamp the site.
David tells me it will be another week before it is really ready to go.
the site is kind of up right now but not operating just yet.

Geezer in NH
12-05-2016, 02:47 PM
404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
What I get

runfiverun
12-05-2016, 10:30 PM
give it another week or so.
the whole thing is under construction.
I guess I could ask how much longer it might be, but the above was the last word I got a few day's ago.

Ithaca Gunner
12-05-2016, 11:16 PM
I got in, but it was through my favorites.

trapper9260
12-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Yup, they changed things all right. I'm a member, but seldom go to the forum, I do enjoy their magazine though.I am about the same as you also, like there mag.

runfiverun
12-06-2016, 06:55 PM
the fouling shot is worth the price of joining alone.
many of our members have contributed some very, very good articles over the years.

Geezer in NH
12-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Still not there

Outpost75
12-13-2016, 11:30 PM
They had lots of problems with Russian and Chinese hackers and have changed software entirely.

Give them a while to sort out the problems, I hang out there and enjoy the board.

Fordcragar
12-14-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm involved in two websites that are running vBulletin software; which I'm more used to than anything else. That said I'm getting used to the software that is running on this site and several other gun related site running similar versions of this software. The software that they are running on the Cast Bullets Association doesn't make sense and seems more difficult, at least to me, to use. Hopefully this software doesn't turn out to be a bad move for that group; which could happen, I've seen it happen on other forums.

Tom Trevor
12-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Just finished replacing password over there. I think? What a mess at least I seldom ever bother with them any longer.