PDA

View Full Version : T/C Icon,

madcaster
06-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Had a VA appointment this morning,so while I was in that town,I stopped at the local gun shop(aka Candy Shop).
They had a .22/250 in the T/C Icon,MAN,WHAT a piece of work!
Any of you guys used these rifles?How did they shoot?
Thanks,
Jeff,who is waiting on one in .222,.257 Roberts or .30/06.....:drinks:

STP22
06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
A club member showed up at the range with one in .243 Win. recently. I had to assist him with a 25yd zero...he missed the paper 4 rounds in a row. I bore scoped it on our 200yd steel gong, the explained the process to him. He was awstruck when his next round hit the paper at 25yds. You know the type...?

Anyhoo, the Icon sure looks good. Reminds me of a Browning with the glossy stock finish. He did manage to put 4 rounds on the last gong at 250yds in a tight 2inch group with factory ammo. (He was even shooting naked and Moly coated J-word bullets at the same sitting.)

Nice rifle, but I`d worry about about that glossy finish in the field.

kir_kenix
06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
They do look very nicely finished. I like the intrigal scope bases as well. Wish one of my friends would hurry up and buy one so I could get some more hands on tho. I think you are right Madcaster, a .257 would probably follow me home as well.

Tom W.
06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I had my hands on one today, and I just wasn't impressed with it. I dunno why. It was a bit short for me, and I know that could be fixed with a Limbsaver, but today I wasn't taken by it. I prefer a Ruger #1B. Maybe the next time I go back....