PDA

View Full Version : she is a monster

11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
I turn my wife in to a monster my wife did not like guns so i stop shoot a lot
an if was going shooting i told her i was going over mike place
a we wood go shooting well satday night i told her i was going to mike sunday
sunday morning get ready to leave an she ask if she could go to it took ten year to
get my wife to shoot five year later she has more gun than me she a monster but i love guns

R.Ph. 380
11-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Realized that she needed to be able to protect herself and her loved ones, didn't she. Good on her

Sent from here to there by me using smoke signals

woody290
11-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Nice - I've been working on mine but no go so far.

runfiverun
11-29-2016, 06:48 PM
count your blessings.
mine will go and she will go varmint hunting.
I have to load about 10 times more ammo because of it.

adcoch1
11-29-2016, 07:56 PM
My wife just told me she wants to start hunting with me in the future... I am both super excited and really scared, cause I know how much more it's gonna cost to go hunting now. But, it will be fun to have a hunting buddy that i actually WANT to share a little tent with. And if she wants to shoot a lot more, that is just a bonus...

Bookworm
11-29-2016, 08:15 PM
My wife loves to shoot. Mostly the Ruger MKII .22, but she really likes the 38's also.
She even took a whack at the 9.5" 44 Mag Ruger Super Redhawk. A bit too big for her, but I gotta gives respect for trying.
I enjoy shooting with her.

foesgth
11-29-2016, 08:19 PM
count your blessings.
mine will go and she will go varmint hunting.
I have to load about 10 times more ammo because of it.

I feel your pain brother. Have you had her tell you that "Those powder coated bullets don't go with my outfit" yet.

runfiverun
11-29-2016, 10:46 PM
no powder coating here.
I probably couldn't get a toaster oven in the shop if I wanted to.
I guess if I moved one or two of the stars or one of the master casters I could squeeze one in.

but it would be easy enough to just give her black ones and littlegirl purple ones and tell them it's the only two colors they have and they'd be okay with that.

Bzcraig
11-29-2016, 11:23 PM
My bride enjoys shooting too but she is only a 'fair weather' shooter. Seems like evry time I buy a gun she says "can I shoot that?" What am I going to tell her....'no?'

GhostHawk
11-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Mine was pretty much anti gun but she tolerated me having a shotgun behind the bedroom door.

Then after about 10 years of marriage she thought she should at least know how to handle a gun. I let my shooting buddy give her the safety lecture. With the second shot she had ever fired from a pistol she busted a water bottle at 25 yard dead center. Beretta 92fs of my buddy's but more recoil and blast than she liked.

Now she has her own Ruger Mk III 22/45 with a Truglo Red Dot sight on it and I have seen her one hand groups at 20 feet that you can cover with a pop bottle cap. She has enough arthritis in her hands that she does not shoot often. But once or twice a year she will go with me to the range and make me look bad.

She is a real momma bear if someone is after her family or someone she cares about.
I have no doubt that in need she would be shooting eyeballs and taking names and keeping score after it is over. She is BAD @!#%#@ with a pistol. And competent with everything else.

I would rather have them able to defend themselves. If it ever comes back to bite me, well that is on me isn't it.

Traffer
11-30-2016, 01:46 AM
I told my wife "you just shut up and do what I tell you and nobody will get hurt". She said "yes sir". When I want a gun she says, "yes buy it, go ahead, we can afford it". That way she knows that I won't squak about all the clothes and jewelry she consumes.

MrWolf
11-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Think you missed the purple font or someday you might just go missing... Just sayin.

Blackwater
11-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Ain't it funny how a new convert can fairly "go wild" when they discover how much fun shooting is?

12-02-2016, 06:54 AM
she is great the best shooting an fishing partner

sharps4590
12-02-2016, 07:15 AM
You are fortunate and blessed, 4006. My wife and I are both farm raised and had our own farm for 20 years. Her Dad was a deputy sheriff, I'm also a former LEO, so she had been around firearms all her life but didn't hunt until we got married some 38 years ago. She has nearly always been my fishing partner. I'd rather see her get her deer or catch the fish. She gets SO much more excited than I do these days. Good for you!!!

gunarea
12-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Blessed and fortunate
My monster is 5'1" 120lbs aerobics instructor. 2009 through 2012 Florida state bronze medalist, shooting a three screw Ruger SBH 44mag in Large caliber production class Lawnsteel. Also top in the self defense class although her first two shots always go into the groin area. Why is that? Soft as pudding and hard as steel. Fair warning, she protects our home with a vengeance. I am the most blessed and fortunate bastard I know.
Roy

Wild Bill 7
12-02-2016, 08:22 AM
My wife has arthritis and doesn't shoot as much as she would like too either. She does have her own weapons and is very protective of them. About 20 or so years ago our friend gave her a lesson on how to shoot. She wholeheartedly accepted the lesson and in less than 10 minutes she was nice little one inch groups with a 22 Roger and with 38 special S&W. at 30 feet. Then a few of us "macho guys" were shooting at a target about 50 yards away and none of us even came close. The wife said she would like to try and sure enough her first shot hit the target and she just turned and grinned at us and didn't say a thing. Well needless to say I had to have that same lesson and what a difference it made for me too. It sure made us better shooters all a round.

w5pv
12-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Start on then when they are young and still greatly in love with you. After 52 years of marriage they would rather watch TV and cook for the old crazy coot. Mine when younger would do nearly anything that I wanted but I foolishly let that time slip away and the only thing she enjoys about hunting or fishing is the table fare that she cooks.

renegade99
12-02-2016, 04:11 PM
My wife had shot a .22 once when we met over 20 years ago, now she has several of her own and the only 2 of mine she won't shoot is a .475 Linebaugh and my .416 Rem. She even shoots my Sharps .50-140 3-1/4. It sure gets expensive sometimes.

reomack
12-07-2016, 01:38 PM
My wife has been a shooter since before we got married over 49 years ago. Her carry gun is an NAA 22 mag and she shoots it better than I can. Her hunting rifle is a model 96 sporterized Swede still in 6.5X55. She likes guns and only gripes a little when I buy one, saying "Just how many guns do you really need anyway?" She has a point, almost 60 long guns of all types and a bunch of short ones too. I just tell her that they are a good investment.

starmac
12-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Ya gotta love them wimmins. A couple of years ago, I had bought several guns one month. I brought one in and my wife tells me that, that was enough for the month.

It couldn't have been over 30 minutes when one of the guys off the base listed a pretty much new 357 blackhawk and holster for a price I couldn't turn down.
I left and met him at the gate of the base and returned with it, normally wifey is upstairs, so sneaking one in is no problem. She just happened to be downstairs and lookig dead at me and the pistol when I came in. First thing out of her mouth was what is that, I said it doesn't count, this one is for you, see it is too small for me. lol She must have took it to heart, cuz if I even pick it up, she wants to know what I think I am doing with HER gun. lol

sw282
12-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Friends are friends and Money is money.

Wives are wives and Guns is Guns..

Don't mix'em... Never have.. Never will