PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to point this out

BrutalAB
11-29-2016, 03:06 PM
There is not a jacketedbullets.com.
Just sayin.

Ola
11-29-2016, 03:31 PM
If you think it as similar to Cast Boolits (How to make your own jacketed bullets):

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?41-Swaging

starmac
11-29-2016, 04:19 PM
What is the purpose of this thread, just asking?

The reason I found this site was looking for reloading info, wound up with an interest in cast an expensive interest at that. lol
I do still have some that I strictly use jacketed with though.

country gent
11-29-2016, 04:37 PM
I found this site looking for information on loading and other things. Like Str Mac I have rifles that see jacketed bullets and some that only have seen cast bullets their whole life. But then I got some that havent seen smokeless powder either. Good info is good info and great people are great people this site is loaded with both.

Hardcast416taylor
11-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Just sayin.

And your point on this site is.......?Robert

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-29-2016, 05:35 PM
What is the purpose of this thread, just asking?

The reason I found this site was looking for reloading info, wound up with an interest in cast an expensive interest at that. lol
I do still have some that I strictly use jacketed with though.
I started swaging jacketed pistol bullets in 2008 or 2009? with BT_Sniper's Dies (we met at Ammobrasstrader dot Com).
I had been buying cast cores and was leary of casting my own...BT dragged me here in 2010...and in a few short months I was casting my own. Thanks BT :)
Jon

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Just sayin.
I think there is...but it appears to be in the darknet???
I did a search and google gave me this link

http://zulja.ru/jacketedbullets
and when I went there, I get this

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /jacketedbullets on this server.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-29-2016, 05:41 PM
And your point on this site is.......?Robert
Maybe he wants to start a new website?

dverna
11-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Cabin fever and the snow has not started piling up yet.

Don Verna

bubba.50
11-29-2016, 05:43 PM
it not a/lot/of/other/things/that/get/talked/about/here.com either so, yer point is?

OS OK
11-29-2016, 06:12 PM
I think there is...but it appears to be in the darknet???
I did a search and google gave me this link

and when I went there, I get this

They do an instant 'background check' as you try to log on the page...recognise you as a caster...'Forbidden to Enter'...they don't want to loose any more 'Jacketeers' to this site! ...:bigsmyl2:

JSnover
11-29-2016, 06:16 PM
:drinks:Maybe he's bragging. WE got a website. They don't.

runfiverun
11-29-2016, 06:40 PM
when gunloads was in existence it was kinda the jacketed side of the site.
it was more like the quiet corner where even fewer of us congregated to talk about them.
it's kind of like the outdoor section we have here where 3 guy's go to talk about fishing or stuff.

foesgth
11-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Although I don't subscribe to most of the philosophy of the left, I think this is a time to look at some of their principles. We need to be more inclusive. Remember inside of every jacketed bullet is a cast boolit just waiting to "come out". :kidding:

ShooterAZ
11-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Just sayin.

Naw, you just spelled it wrong. It's www.jacketedboolits.com

472x1B/A
11-29-2016, 09:01 PM
when gunloads was in existence it was kinda the jacketed side of the site.
it was more like the quiet corner where even fewer of us congregated to talk about them.
it's kind of like the outdoor section we have here where 3 guy's go to talk about fishing or stuff.

That 'stuff' is trapping. LOL Well put sir.

jonas302
11-29-2016, 09:36 PM
Just remember its all good don't you just hate those dead forums with nobody talking?

Bzcraig
11-29-2016, 11:00 PM
I found this site looking for information on loading and other things. Like Str Mac I have rifles that see jacketed bullets and some that only have seen cast bullets their whole life. Good info is good info and great people are great people this site is loaded with both.

This is exactly my experience!

Bzcraig
11-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Remember inside of every jacketed bullet is a cast boolit just waiting to "come out". :kidding:

Awesome!

runfiverun
11-30-2016, 02:06 AM
or in my case a cast cylinder waiting to go in.
another 400 handle pulls and i'll have another half a coffee can of squished cast lead ready to get stuffed and squished into copper wrapped varmint exploders.

BrutalAB
11-30-2016, 05:06 AM
:drinks:Maybe he's bragging. WE got a website. They don't.
^^^^
This is the point.
Cast is far more interesting, at least to me.

waksupi
11-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Why would we be interested in inferior projectiles?

shdwlkr
11-30-2016, 01:44 PM
I would hope we don't turn into what so many sites have, if you don't only use ..... you fill in the blank site as that is what drew me here is that all topics on firearms could be addressed without to much dis tan. If this site is going down the road of either you only like cast or get out then I need to find a new site to part of . I wanted to know about cast bullets, different firearms, different calibers and some I like that are now discontinued and I have.
If we stick our noses up to different thoughts, ideas are we any better than the sites we left to come here??

mold maker
11-30-2016, 05:01 PM
There are snobs of one persuasion or another, most everywhere you go. Just ignore them and go about the business at hand. There's room for all and knowledge to be shared with everyone.
If you take your marbles and go home, we're all losers.